main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.15/4.16 - Family Reunion - and Farewell (SERIES FINALE!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 3, 2018.

1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Another thing. I feel they're stretching the bounds of credibility with this victory. Taking a whole planet, unambiguously from the Empire, to the point where they were never able to take it back, months before Scariff will occur? Really?
    I mean, all they needed was to take out one line 'The counter attack we expected never came.' and they could save face. But how the **** is this not a 'major victory'?
    I don't intend to be over critical. My mind is just reeling from the implications on the greater canon.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    V-2, MasterPrince713, R.D. and 4 others like this.
  2. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    There's no explanation of why Ezra's actions at the end were necessary. He has Jedi powers, those ships have escape pods, he could communicate with the space whales if he wished, etc.

V-2 and stormcloud8 like this.
  3. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    Maybe the next show will feature Hondo, and they'll call it The Search for More Money.

Because, they said it at the end, they did it without the help of the Rebel Alliance. If anything, Zeb gave the Alliance one big middle finger when he said they didn't need the RA.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  5. General Jedi

General Jedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 19, 2017
    Interesting finale. I enjoyed it! They brought everyone back it seemed. And I enjoyed the ending with Sabine telling the story. And leaves it open for more to come one day.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Thrawn getting forcibly dragged into the Unknown Regions lost to Palpatine makes more sense than EU Palpatine sending his best strategist away on a little pet project in the middle of a giant war

7. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    They stressed MULTIPLE times in the episode this operation was independent of the Rebel Alliance

Edit: sorry for double post

MandaloreRex2015 and revan772 like this.
  8. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    "Let go."

Oh, wait.

theraphos, fett 4 and SienneRe like this.
  9. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Don't see why people bash on Ahsoka who's got more pull than most of the Sequel characters xD.. Her story is great and why end it in its prime. I wanna see Sabine though hit up mandalore once again.. that civil war will surely kick off again.. even if they are rebuilding.

10. General Jedi

General Jedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 19, 2017
    It says he was born after the Battle of Endor. So is he not Kanan's kid? That's gotta be wrong.

Ridley Solo likes this.
  11. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    sarcasm New canon doing something better than Legends? Impossible!

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It is most definitly wrong. The show all but says that it is Kanan's

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well I guess they lived on that planet with the rest of the surviving Lasat species, right? Probably out of the sight and mind of what was going on between the Empire and Rebellion moving forward.

14. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    literally wouldn't the Empire just show up again and bombard the planet killing everyone

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Lol gee, is there any chance that Hera might've been messing around with someone else in the few years since Kanan's death?

16. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    But still, taking a whole planet from the Empire? It just rubbed me the wrong way.
    Plus, isn't their other sources in the NuEU that implied Lothal was under control of the Empire for at least a few years after this? I don't follow the books and stuff that closely, but I've heard that this operation was 'destined to fail' because of some things going on in other sources.

V-2 and MasterPrince713 like this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep

V-2 and JEDI-RISING like this.
  18. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    Gonna miss rebels.... feel just like I did at the end of season 5 of TCW's and when Fives took one for the boys in 6...
    But at least we know animated isn't gonna be shown the door.. and maybe we'll get it launched later in the year etc. If they book the rest of this it be silly.

19. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Okay I feel better now that both Thrawn and Palleon survive.

JH24 likes this.
  20. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Only reason Empire was there was for the now nonexistent Temple

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean ya, but did you watch the same ending as me? Sabine hints a lot at the father.

Ridley Solo and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  22. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    [only the front of the ship had blown out windows for all we know?]
    I absolutely loved this last episode ended better then I could have imagined!

23. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    Well after this now, Krennic will get the now full support of his "Stardust" project ;) likely they would use it on Lothal one day.

Ratman33 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Here's the million dollar question though; knowing what we do now, does this mean that the new animated show that Filoni and Co. have been teasing about will continue the story of the Ghost Crew; albeit older/wiser?

Mandalorian Riddler likes this.
  25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Plus, the only one who calls Scarif the Rebellion's first major victory is the ANH opening crawl.
    Well Scarif isn't long after this, so they probably became too preoccupied fighting the larger Rebellion to worry about a planet that had lost a lot of value for them.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.