main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels and Alternative Timelines

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DANNASUK, Feb 27, 2018.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    An education guess on Star Wars Saga current timeline. This is a theory, so please do not assume I'm apart of the Story Group and this is legit canon.

Timeline 1: (Current)

TPM up until the TCW Mortis Arc (The One's are dead)

Timeline 2: (Alternative)

TCW Post-Mortis Arc up until Rebels A World Between Worlds (Ezra saves Ahsoka in the past. This is a loop*, which always happens, to ensure the future reverts back to what the Force intends. No matter what Ezra does in the present, Ahsoka is always saved and Kanan has to die)

Back to Timeline 1: (Current)

Twilight of the Apprentice ending changes post-World Between Worlds timeline (until we know further, we will assume events of the ST are on the current timeline and have not altered the future)

We will also assume any character in the saga, exploring Mortis, The Ones or portals, can potentially change the timeline. It is the only way it can change.

Alternative Timeline means the Sith are victorious. The current is the fulfilment of the Chosen One
    Prophecy and balance of the Force.

*credit to @Ahsoka's Tano for the loop theory

[edit]

On Timeline 2: Both Ahsoka and Vader would've been killed in the explosion (as I've explained in this thread), thus the Chosen One would've died and not killed Sidious in RoTJ.

Ahsoka surviving ensures Vader lives and Anakin is redeem.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    To be fair, someone might need to explain to me the difference between the Sith being "victorious" and the Empire taking over the Galaxy anyway after the Jedi Purge.

3. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I edited the post.

Vader would've died in the explosion. Prophecy not fulfilled in other words.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well hindsight's 20/20; but what affect would Vader's death at that point have anything to do with the Empire's reign moving forward? He only redeemed himself at the very end of ROTJ.

5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    It would have zero impact.

As for the Empire in the present, all hope on Lothal rest on the shoulders of a teenager who (if Ahsoka did not survive) has no one to guide him. Of course, we have no idea how the finale will play out. Though, I have more faith in an Ezra, with Ahsoka, than the Ezra who likes to open Sith holocrons for giggles.

Dave could kill off both Ezra and Ahsoka off in the finale, making everything insignificant and this ruining my thread :(

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You bring up an interesting point. Remember at the very end of TOTA? Ezra's eyes are absolutely fixated on the Sith Holocron; as if he's possessed with it. I guess nothing much came from that.

7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I do hope, and wonder, if this is brought up in the finale by Sidious. As Ahsoka said, no Jedi can open a Sith Holocron.

Oh, regarding Ahsoka, this was the final card design by our friend Dave...

[​IMG]

If this is canon, she steps into a portal on Malachor in the past - I assume she is heading back to the present day or future

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s obviously how she got the lightsaber. :p

firesaber likes this.
  9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    If Ahsoka is alive in this timeline, I don't think it weakens the OT or negates Luke's role in the saga.

Ezra saved her from being killed by Vader and, as the episode goes on to show, she was no match for Sidious as well. Ahsoka clearly knows she stands no chance against both Vader and Sidious. Before Malachor, she believed there was a small chance to save Anakin; she told Ezra, when advising him that Kanan cannot be saved, that her master could not be saved either and she needed to accept it.

Nothing is contradicted. Luke is still the only one to redeem Anakin.

10. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Just by the way it's structured it shouldn't result in a new timeline.

Ezra believes Ahsoka to be dead, and as far as we know, she had no impact on him after being 'saved'. Therefore, Ahsoka being saved or not has no bearing on the events that lead to Ezra saving her.

So no matter what's been changed here, it would always result in Ezra doing the same thing, so Ahsoka would have always been saved.

I think.

11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Yep.

If we use Terminator for an example, a new timeline is created, when events in the current timeline is deliberately altered. I do not recommended researching into which Terminator timeline is correct because you will quickly go mad and start screaming.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The first Terminator movie is a good example at least, because that essentially is what you might refer to as a closed loop. Kyle Reese goes back to save Sarah Connor from the machine. They fall in love, and her son is the future leader of the resistance. And who is the one who sent Kyle back in the first place? John; her son.

DANNASUK likes this.
  13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    You've confirmed it.

Ahsoka and Ezra are Rey's parents ;)

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think we're overthinking things. They would have further hinted at alternate timelines in the WbW. All the voices heard in the WbW were from the same canon timeline.
    I'll go devil's advocate here. What happens, happens. The canon timeline is absolute, space/time meddling and all. Anything else is a "what if?"
    They're not going to have someone else go back to the WbW and retcon significant events in the timeline. Anakin is always going to become Vader. Luke is always going to make his ultimate mistake with Ben Solo. Ezra is always going to find his way to the WbW and save Ahsoka.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    And Ezra will always save Ahsoka.

Darth_Accipiter likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think your safe from Ahsoka being killed in the final. I don't think they will have time to get her off of Malacore.

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Was that a deliberate Lost reference? If so, you have pleased me :)

Whatever happened, happened