main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels Clips Thread >>>[Trailer and Preview video clips here || SPOILER-TASTIC]<<<

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    To keep things more tidy and because posting of video clips is not supposed to be allowed in episode discussion threads here is a dedicated thread to discuss preview clips and trailers.

Todd EDIT: In addendum, despite containing preview clips, Rebels Recon clips will now go in the separate Rebels Recon thread.

whostheBossk and cwustudent like this.
  2. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    USA Today - Kanan vs. Inquisitor.

I for one appreciate the official recognition of distinctive lightsaber combat forms. Of course, in the old Lucasfilm canon hierarchy, Depa Bilaba was identified primarily as a practitioner of Form VII (Vaapad) as opposed to Form III (Soresu), though the Inquisitor makes clear that the latter was favoured by her for close-quarter combat.

It's more than just swinging a fluorescent tube, people.

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I guess we're still using spoilers in here?

4. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Well I imagine this would be more like the TCW clips thread was where we could talk specifically about what was in the clips, and our impressions, not anything else.

Seerow likes this.
  5. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    Anyone else notice the body behind Kanaan? Creepy as hell

6. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011

I did! It was a bit of a 'blink and you miss it' moment, but at the same time it really stood out amongst the otherwise empty room.

7. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Regarding the USA Today Clip
    I think the thing I loved most about this trailer is that it really gives what I think would be an accurate picture of Kanan's ability with a lightsaber. Assisted by The Force or not, its clearly been years since he's been in a proper contest with a skilled duelist, presuming he ever has been to begin with, and this scene really speaks to that. Had he engaged the inquisitor with something approaching Obi-Wan's confidence and skill, that would've thrown me off right away. Overall it makes the scene more real to me.

Incidentally Seerow do we need spoiler tags for these? it seems like if we're talking about publicly available clips, it wouldn't be necessary unless we referenced outside information.

Cevan, Seerow and QuangoFett like this.
  8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Maybe for all our sakes we should go by Gry Sarth's old post for the TCW clips thread. Lets drop the spoiler tags and for a trial get use to posting these most spoilerific clips here to discuss.

During the 1st season of The Clone Wars, it became clear that there is nothing more heavily spoiling than the preview clips of scenes from the upcoming episodes (usually released by IGN). Many people have voiced a desire to avoid such clips, which is why we've decided to create this separate thread for the discussion of preview clips.

? All posting of links and discussion of content from preview clips should be done exclusively here and can be done so openly. Please avoid discussing content exclusive to preview clips in either the Seasonal or Episode-specific threads. When in doubt, black-highlight it in those threads.

? This thread is only for the discussion of content revealed in preview clips of full scenes from upcoming episodes. Discussion of the trailers, episode guides, leaked images and other forms of spoiler material should continue to be held in the General or Episode-specific threads as usual.

9. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    New clip featuring Hera and Sabine and I also believe this was the same one from Comic Con in July... I think.

10. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

That's the clip alright.

REPUBLIC GUNSHIP AND ARC-170!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    It makes everything feel so connected.

12. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    It looks like the Acklay noises from the Comic Con version were placeholder.

13. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    Now we just need Inquisitor Barriss and the connection will be complete. :)

14. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Hmm, I wonder what episode the Hera/Sabine clip is from.

15. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Do not want. But I'm not turning this thread into another Barriss argument, so I'll just say that I love that creature design.

16. Kentoa

Oct 2, 2014
    They are like demon-batman-bunnies :D (Sorry thats' what I think of) but they're cool.

17. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Those things are called Lothal Cats I believe. Neat seeing the gunship.

18. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Those are some cool creaters. And nice clip.

For whatever reason I thought those things sounded like Ackelys a while back. The sound of a clip was posted, and the scream sounded similar.

19. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I think they did have the acklay sounds in that clip, but they were just placeholders for what's in this one.

20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Oh, okay. That makes more sense.

21. Kentoa

Oct 2, 2014
    You know I don't remember ever seeing a straight up flashlight in Star Wars like that. Usually it's connected to their helmet or a lightsaber is used for light.

22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Hera is so fancy she doesn't need a headlight, she carries her own light. :p

But yeah, a little wierd to see.

So, Lothal cats are harmed by bright sunlight then? That's interesting.

23. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Are you sure that clip is on Lothal, though?

24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    No. I'm not sure where they are. Hmm. Lothal cats just seemed easier to say. :p

25. Kentoa

Oct 2, 2014
    Lothal doesn't have asteroids tho. Look closely when you can see the outside behind em. There's asteroids floating around