main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels.. does it get better?..

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Snokers, Jul 14, 2015.

1. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    To TrustyTrooper, you might want to pick up Rebels for the TCW characters coming back- Ahsoka, Rex, Wolffe, Gregor and Hondo so far.

2. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Yeah I've watched a few more episodes and I'm getting into it now, still nowhere near as good as TCW in my opinion but I'm enjoying it.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  3. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    I enjoy Rebels more than TCW.

There's a charm about Rebels, at least to me, precisely because it isn't about high politics and the most central figures in the GFFA. It's a rag-tag group of nobodies and rejects on the outskirts of galactic society just trying to persist and survive through a new tyrannical order that's been imposed on everyone. They have zero chance to actually mount a threat against the mighty empire by themselves. They're just desperate figures trying to survive and make life a little better for those being hurt.

It's a good show, imo.

4. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

It was VERY boring to me in the beginning, but after Tarkin got in, and after watching the season 2 trailer, I love it.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  5. CoruscantDweller

CoruscantDweller Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 28, 2015
    Well you got to wait CW had more time to develop its plot and characters. Everyone aside from Ezra and Kanan are pretty undeveloped at this point but the hints here and there for potential archs and story lines keep me interested. I am going to wait until season 3/4 before comparing it to CW. Though when CW came out I absolutely hated it whereas the Rebels premier was entertaining not mind-blowing but entertaining. The difference is that CW had story lines that were absolutely phenomenal and nailed Star Wars perfectly Rebels for me hasn't quite done that though the Season 2 premier shows me its going in the right direction however, we have to give it time and see if it can replicate the magic of some of the later CW episodes or not.

6. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
  7. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Plus we don't exactly know what's going to happen to them. In TCW you pretty much knew the fates of most of the movie characters, but these guys are pretty much a blank slate.

Twain likes this.
  8. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    The latest episode was pretty good but pretty much all of Season 1 is boring and dull.

9. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    The nice thing about rebels is there is no terrible episode. There are a few really "meh" one's like fighter flight but we don't have to spend four weeks looking at that WACky Gascon. There are some episode's of tcw that I'll never rewatch(*Cough* Bombad jedi *Cough*)but if I watch rebels in chronological order I watch ALL of rebels in chronological order. The best of rebels is not as good as the best of the clone wars, but the worst of rebels is better then the worst of TCW.

10. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    It's truly subjective. The linear storytelling is inherently much different than the semi-anthology format adopted by The Clone Wars, so that might be to your liking or otherwise right off the bat. It starts off weak in my opinion but does get better as it goes along.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  11. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    In a word no. It's a dull repetitive show in which they try an rip-off as much from the OT and other shows/cartoons as possible while having characters pretty much do the same plot over an over with no tension or excitment whatsoever.
    But like others have said it's all subjective and you might like it.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  12. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    It gets better about the time that
    Tarkin shows up and executes the two Saturday morning kiddie cartoon buffoons.
    Prior to that it felt a bit too kiddie, after it it jumped pretty much back to TCW levels.

My only lingering gripe is the credulity-shredding stormtrooper inaccuracy.

13. HayaMika

HayaMika Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 14, 2015
    I can easily say that it gets better, but don't take opinions from a bunch of people online. You are going to get many conflicted viewpoints and this kind of question is only something you can answer for yourself.

Watch everything in Season 1 and then watch Siege of Lothal (the first movie-episode for Season 2) and then decide for yourself if you think it got better! Thats the only way to answer the question for yourself.

14. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I'd say Rebels is all right. I heard a little about it and thought "meh", but when the episodes started showing on TV, I was curious and decided to check it out. I haven't really been blown away by any of the episodes, but still it's entertaining.

15. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    You'll really have to just watch it yourself. I prefer it over TCW, but the show is structured differently from that series.

16. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    If you watched everything from the 4 shorts on Youtube (The Machine in the Ghost, Art Attack, Entanglement & Property of Ezra Bridger), the first TV movie (Spark of Rebellion), and the 13 episodes of Season 1 and the Season 2 TV movie (Siege of Lothal), it's going to get better. It's more of a evolution story from a fledgling group to a mini-force to a Rebel Alliance. There are three acts to this show as Greg Weisman says. The first act is everything from the Shorts, Spark of Rebellion, and Season 1, second act is Siege of Lothal, Season 2 and another season or more, third act will probably the same like second act with more seasons with TV movies. If you watch as much Rebels, you'll understand that it's not the Clone Wars era, it's the Dark Times. No one is safe from anything, you might say it looks silly but it feels darker than the Clone Wars as ever. Keep watching as more of Season 2 come out. Believe in the Rebellion to fight the Empire.

17. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    The only big problem with Season 1 of TCW was the tone. We needed more CIS victories and more competent commanders. S1 of TCW is much better than S1 of Rebels.

darskpine10 likes this.
  18. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I started watching Rebels during the last few episodes of Season 1. I think it is really good so far, especially the Season 2 premiere: The Siege of Lothal.

Is it as good as TCW though? Well, as of now no. But the show's only on its second season.

19. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    everyone wants to be knocked off their feet instantly, no one has patience. this show covered a hell of a lot in one short season.

20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    So people only dislike the show because they lack patience ! Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_rofl]

"Covered a lot" Such as ?.................

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree with this, and I like the show.

Because I was knocked off my feet instantly.

fett 4 likes this.
  22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm waiting for season 2 to see if the show gets better.
    Season 1 was to get the show out there. Now we can see if the show improves.

23. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Hopefully when I get season 1 on dvd and I have a chance to re watch several episodes my opinion on this show will rise

24. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    To me the first episodes up until "Empire Day" were hit and miss, though afterwards they seemed to be more hits rather than misses. I overall enjoy the the show a lot, but I wish the season wasn't so short as it was.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  25. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I'll agree with this. For me personally, after "Empire Day" the show picked up and got to be more fun. The only miss as far as episodes after that was Lando's episode "Idiot's Array" that to me personally was just not on the same level as the rest of the second half of the season.