main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels episode ideas thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Swashbucklingjedi, Oct 22, 2013.

1. DatPadawan

DatPadawan Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2013
  2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I see those people as not boxed in to the idea that there are two sides to every story, including fictional ones.

About Episode ideas, I want to see Yularen and I want the fact that the Clone Wars happened to be mentioned. I'd love hear, "We thought the Seps were bad, but the Empire's far worse."

Darth Kickass likes this.
  3. DatPadawan

DatPadawan Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    As long as it's still clear the Empire is still far worse than the rebels. If that isn't made clear then that does detract from the story IMO.

Watching Return of the Jedi; YES!!! The group of a-hole war criminals with more character development won over the other group of a-hole war criminals with less character development....Uh yay?

Tommytom and Dra--- like this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I definitely think the Empire should be portrayed as the "worse" side; I just don't particularly want one-dimensional characters or sides that are "all good" or "all bad".

Tommytom, podjazd, Paparazzo and 2 others like this.
  5. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Here's an episode idea: a zilo beast clone.

6. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Excellent idea, unless they finish that up in TCW bonus episodes.

purplerain likes this.
  7. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    With the series being placed so close to ANH, I'd like to see at least one storyline dealing with Luke and any interaction Obi-Wan may have covertly had with him. The line where Obi-Wan says "I understand you've become quite a pilot yourself" has always held my curiosity. Maybe some womp rat action in the ol' T-16?

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    [​IMG]

cdgodin and Darth Kickass like this.
  9. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Another example of EU literature I wouldn't mind showing up in this series.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  10. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    I hope you're joking....

CoolyFett likes this.
  11. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Why do I get the sinking feeling they're taking all the unused/pre-production Clone Wars ideas and awkwardly pushing it into Rebels?

CoolyFett and Paparazzo like this.
  12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    An episode where Vader goes on a rampage

lookameatbag and Mzukiller like this.
  13. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I think the Empire needs to be portrayed as secretly evil. Kind of like The Governor and his town in The Walking Dead. They do heinous things, but it's always covered up and his followers have faith in him.

Now, moreso than TCW, I hope Filoni has a road map for this series and that it actually concludes with a definitive ending rather than a "well, we're going to end this show abruptly and move onto something else" ending.

The show takes place 4 years prior to ANH and by the time of ANH there is quite a bit of sympathy in the Imperial Senate, so I suspect that the Empire slips up and some people begin to see just how awful it is.

When the show begins I could see the Rebellion as being pitifully small and having little support since the majority of the population has faith in the Empire, but that as time goes on and events move closer to ANH, Rebel sympathy begins to increase forcing the Empire to crack down harder, which then just compounds the problem ("The more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip through your fingers").

I can't really come up with many episode ideas specifically, since I don't know anything about the cast.

14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Have this guy show up:
    [​IMG]

Mzukiller and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

So it can be used :p

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm a big fan of showing the positives of the Empire personally.

17. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    You know how the US Military puts out news about their positive humanitarian doings?

The Empire should be seen putting out similar stuff. "Propaganda" you may call it, since we know how nasty they really are, but hey they don't want people to think they're evil.

Dra--- likes this.
  18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Some stories I'd like to see in Rebels:

• Luke and Leia displaying Force ability in their childhoods; dreams of their parents, especially a haunting figure of Vader. Maybe an episode based on Leia's "seas of sand" dreams from the EU.
    • Vader+uber Force power+multiple enemies = rampage. Seriously, write the script for that episode ASAP
    • Vader visiting the old Jedi Temple. Memories of Anakin and Padme.
    • Starkiller <3
    • Ashoka dying at the hands of Vader.
    • More Darth Sidious in combat.
    • Possibility of another Skywalker.
    • Darth Maul *finally* dies/killed.

19. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I briefly mentioned it in the general Rebels discussion thread, but I would not be against the idea of the Rebels depicted as actually having some success in organizing a resistance, but then losing it all in one decisive battle in the series' climax, leaving the Rebel Alliance in the pitifully weak state that they are in by ANH (30 rebel fighters in a relatively small base on Yavin against the Death Star). I would actually very much like to see that kind of "could have won but lost tragically kind of defeat," if handled well.

For instance, in the TV show Rome they refer to a battle (I forget the name) in which Pompei Magnus has Caesar surrounded and outnumbered, but that mistakes made in the battle lost Pompei that decisive victory, his army was completely routed and scattered, and then he fled to Egypt looking to raise a new army but was killed on arrival.

Or when the leader of Japan in the late 16th century died, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, he left a child heir (Toyotomi Hideyori). Tokugawa Ieyasu took control instead and had himself made shogun. When Hideyori grew up, he began forming a coalition of samurai against Tokugawa's rule, but they were wiped out by Tokugawa's forces.

I feel like they could do something similar to these kinds of tragic losses.

For instance, establish that the CIS never completely went away, and that there were pockets of resistance still being hunted down during the Dark Times; there are also Jedi survivors of Order 66 that Vader and the Inquisitors are trying to deal with; we also know from the ROTS cutscenes that there are at least 2,000 dissatisfied senators that are displeased with Palpatine accruing executive powers and establishing a system of Moffs.

The Moff system in itself reminds me of the rise of the samurai eclipsing the power of the centrally appointed nobility. Japan was in a civil war and the Emperor appointed a Shogun to lead the military against the Taira clan. The Shogun then began to appoint military governors in the provinces that were meant to coordinate recruitment and training of troops but still leave the day-to-day civil matters to centrally appointed bureaucrats. But overtime the Shogun's power eclipsed that of the Emperor and his military governors took control from the nobility, similar to how Moffs take direct control of their systems in ANH once Palpatine disbands the senate.

Filoni has also mentioned that during this time that stormtroopers are mostly volunteers and that some of the clones became disillusioned with the Empire, while some stayed on to train the new recruits.

So like Pompei having an army to try and oust the dictator Julius Caesar only to lose; or like Hideyori raising an anti-Tokugawa army to reclaim power from the usurper only to be crushed, I coule be interested in seeing disgruntled senators like Bail raising a coalition composed of CIS remnants, Jedi remnants, local security forces from planets opposed to the Empire, disillusioned clones, etc. This army goes all out against the Imperial Forces in one decisive battle that in the initial stages could go either way, but then perhaps corruption within the anti-Imperial coalition leads to turncoats jumping sides which turns the battle into a decisive victory for the Empire, with many of the last remaining Jedi, Jango clones, and CIS remnant being annihilated.

cdgodin likes this.
  20. Lord Ctessor

Lord Ctessor Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2013
    An arc about a disturbingly evil rebel group and some good rebels being forced to work with them for a common goal.

lookameatbag, darth fluffy and Dra--- like this.
  21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    How could this work? I'm pretty sure the only people who knew there were twins at this point were there at the birth.

22. BobaFan101

BobaFan101 Jedi Padawan

Dec 3, 2013
    I have an idea, it could use some work though.

It starts off on a cloudy day on a pretty civilized planet. Boba fett in full armor and everything walks into a cantina. He asks
    For a name. The bartender asks him "what's it to ya?" then Fett just starts ****ing **** up. With ****ing Michael bay explosions going off.
    And mother ****ing lasers going everywhere. Bodies flying everywhere. Then boba walks away like a badass as the cantina blows up behind him.

Thoughts?

Tommytom, CoolyFett, cdgodin and 3 others like this.
  23. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    ^ Just remember this:

Circular Logic likes this.
  24. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    A look into Vader's fortress and his scientific experiments with immortality (trying to bring Padme's corpse back to life, or trying to clone her, or even trying to reanimate the corpse of Plagueis [if a corpse]).

A regular look at Princess Leia, uber heroine and rebel spy. Maybe see that her talent for spying is related to her force abilities. I'm not sure what age she'll be in Rebels, but even if young, we could see what her life is like on Alderaan.

Vader vs. the resurgent Dathomir witches.

The occasional Obi-Wan Kenobi mission. I don't see why he's always stuck on Tatooine.

Corellia. Plots there. Lots of them.

A plot about an enemy worse than the Empire. Not the Vong, but let's see the Empire defeat someone as bad or worse than them.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Eh, I'll just watch Bounty again.