main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels- missed opportunities

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Swashbucklingjedi, Mar 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    I think Lux was taken out by Inferno squad not sure.

Vialco likes this.
  2. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I would've liked to have seen more from the Inquisitors and Vader hunting down and killing Jedi, to be honest.

SeparatistFan, Ithorians and Vialco like this.
  3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Pantora and Riyo Chuchi. Maybe Papanoidas too. So would've liked to see them again in Rebels.

Cham dying in Ryloth episode was missed opportunity to add more meaning to Hera's Kalikori and more reason for her to fight the empire. Cham was honestly not needed alive and bad guys didn't get enough kills to be honest.... I would've liked to see much more redshirts in this show.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I would've wanted to see Numa again.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

whostheBossk and Vizzy91 like this.
  5. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    He was not. Iden Versio stunned him, leaving him alive. The first indications of the good inside her.

6. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    Potential for Lux to reappear then?

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    He was not. Iden had the chance to kill him, but set for Stun instead.

8. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Still hope for Luxsoka!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

9. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    Aha we'll see xD Lux returning would be interesting, she would probably slap his ass for not being around but yeah the friendship was always there.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean ya, tecnically. Also he is not annoying in the battlefront novel.

11. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    Yeah Numa asking Rex about Waxer and Boil, the feels would be real aha..

Vizzy91 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    NERRA MEANS BROTHER

Mandalorian Riddler likes this.
  13. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I agree with a lot of the things people have already mentioned. For me, I really think they missed an opportunity to explain from where all of the X-Wings came. They just sort of showed up in one episode and were used in a couple others. But, unlike the Y-Wing and B-Wing, we weren't told how the Rebellion got the most iconic starfighter ever.

I really liked how they started to connect the Ghost crew with the bigger Rebel Alliance for a while, but then in S4 brought them back to Lothal and ditched the connection altogether. The only reason that I can see is that Filoni had intended for them to free Lothal, so, to avoid conflicting with the ANH crawl, had to remove the Alliance from the picture. He couldn't have Lothal be the first major victory for the Alliance. Instead, it was just a major victory for a small local rebel cell. I think, per Disney, it had a have a happy ending. I think it would have served the overall story, given the time period, better had Thrawn beat them...essentially killing most or all of the tertiary characters (Vizago, Kallus, Mart, etc.) in the process (i.e. the Lothal rebels), killing Zeb and Ezra, Sabine barely making it out with Hera and Chopper in the Ghost. Then have Hera drop Sabine off on Mandalore with her people, but not to be Mandalore. A scenario like this would have shown more why the Rebels in RO were so hesitant to do much against the mighty Imperials, and why Saw (who wasn't afraid to do so) was shunned.

I would have been cool had they introduced seasoned Pellaeon sooner in S4 and developed him as Thrawn's trusted SD commander. And, in the end, have the Chaemira (-sp) sent on a secret mission to the Unknown Region.

Hypatia likes this.
  14. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Showing where the hanger on the Nebulon B Frigate is.

15. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I agree this kind of ending would have served the overall story of the Rebellion and the Star Wars Saga in general much more, but I'm not sure it would have served the story of Rebels and it would definitely have been too dark for the kind of show Rebels was.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  16. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I am another who thinks the Grand Inquisitor went too soon. They could have had him and another Inquisitor in S1....and after Kanan was captured the GI went off on another assignment and the other one is the one who dies. Even make a thing out of it in the beginning of S2 with him deflecting to Tarkin and the other Inquisitor the blame. "Dude...I caught the guy and turned him over to Tarkin...then was sent away on another assignment....don't pin Tarkin's failure and loss of a Star Destroyer on me."

17. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    While I liked how things worked out, I atill liked the idea that the Seventh Sister would be Barriss. WOuld have tied TCW and Rebels together even more.

whostheBossk and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  18. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    Barriss as the sister would've been awesome.. the conflict they would have/

19. FarEasterling

FarEasterling Jedi Master star 1

Aug 18, 2011
    Indeed. She will come before him like that https://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Star-Wars-Rebels-Finale-Ahsoka.jpg , look for a moment weighing her chances, then without a word knock her pastoral staff, and he'll run to her happily.

20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I bet they heavily considered Barris as the 7th Sister but realized it would further bog down the story of the Ghost Crew into leftover plot points from The Clone Wars. They were probably already set on bringing back Maul before the 7th Sister was designed. I agree with the decision if that's what went down.
    I do think they could have brought in some evil clones. The Legends Dark Trooper storyline would have been fun to explore with Rex back in the picture. I wonder if they would have done something like that if the Death Troopers weren't thought up for Rogue One. Death Troopers essentially are the spiritual successors of the Legends Dark Troopers.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  21. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Probably the inquisitors. I loved the Grand inquisitor and I liked the first appearance of 5th Brother and 7th Sister in a very Halloween-esque episode but then they barely got used in the whole season and then they just disappear completely because of what Tarkin said in ANH. So now what a character said in a movie has to be taken literally for the bad guys but not for the good guys, basically?

22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    the identity of the voice from the sith holocron is something I forgot about completely. Just a random Sith lady apparently.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  23. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Reading all these posts really shows that Rebels could have pulled off another season at least.

There could have been an arc with Barris as an Inquisitor which could have explored more about their organisation as well; there could have been episodes with Rex vs Cody; episodes about how the Alliance acquired the X-Wings; one more victory for Thrawn before he's taken away; we could have went to the Dantooine base and saw why it was abandoned; more time for Rebel Kallus; etc.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    How about things they did that they shouldn't have for a missed opportunity....like the saber-copter.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Here's the bottom line about Rex v. Cody or even devoting a full arc with Barris as another Inquisitor; they'd potentially stray too far away from the main story itself. Just as some people were edgy about throwing Ahsoka into the mix with the Ghost Crew with the assumption that she'd take away screen time from them, those other non-essential story lines could've done more harm then good. I did say before I would've liked to see Barris as an Inquisitor; but it would've been more effective if she was the Seventh Sister. Maybe they could've extended the fight scene with Ahsoka at the end of Future of The Force where Ahsoka has one last duel with Barris; leaving only the Fifth Brother to escape.

whostheBossk likes this.