main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels on Netflix

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AmidalaLover, Aug 19, 2014.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I wish Showtime would go ahead so I can watch Penny Dreadful.

2. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Rebels on Netflix would be perfect, especially for those who don't have Disney XD and doesn't want to have it (such as myself). It would make the show so much more easily available for watches and rewatches.

IG-13 likes this.
  3. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Well season 2 has JUST premiered and I still don't see season 1 on Netflix. The fact is i'm trying to see SW Rebels on my more advanced moving LED TV screen which doesn't have cable and I have Netflix on my PS3. So anyone here know any updates?

4. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Downer post incoming.

I have not heard anything, but then again the premier hasn't been shown on TV overseas yet AFAIK and the rest of the season will premier in the fall. I don't know if we should really count on Rebels being added to Netflix streaming services anytime soon, perhaps at all. I am not aware of Netflix having streaming rights to any of the Star Wars property outside of TCW, which if I remember was a special negotiation to show the Lost Missions but I also think it was more complicated than that considering that Time Warner/Cartoon Network was involved in the distribution of the series as well.

Amazon has the PT and OT on Instant Video for purchase though, in addition to being able to purchase the Rebels season 1 and both Spark of the Rebellion an Siege of Lothal. Of the Marvel properties on Netflix, they come and go much like a lot of the Netflix streaming shows and movies. Agents of Shield is a Marvel property where the season was added shortly after the season finished, and I believe Netflix paid a premium for that.

It is entirely possible that Lucasfilm and Disney will not put it on Netflix until the fall when the rest of the season will be shown. It is also entirely possible that they want people to support the franchise primarily through sales, both digital and disc, and will not put it on Netflix at all.

I also want to bring attention to this article from CNN back December 2012.
    Excerpt:

Whether Rebels, and thus Lucasfilm as a subsidiary of Disney, is included in that I don't know for sure, but I'd be willing to guess that it does.

5. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    Rebels has been on Swedish Netflix for a week or so now :). So it's really weird that it's not yet in the US.

But we don't have TCW so i guess we're even... from a certain point of view.

6. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    It is on the Netflix for all Scandinavian countries.

Hamawald - Why is it weird? Distribution rights and all that stuff is different in every region.

Penny Dreadful is on the Netflix in the Scandinavian countries, if you have a VPN. I think they are adding new episodes after they air each week in the US.

7. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Well this IS strange then[face_thinking] If season 1 is on Netflix in the Swedish country then it should be coming to USA sooner.

8. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    It isn't strange. I'm not sure how things are done in Scandinavia, but in the US shows only get put on Netflix about a month in advance of the new season. So we probably still have a month or two before it is on Netflix.

9. HayaMika

HayaMika Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 14, 2015
    We might be able to have some hope for Rebels going up onto Netflix when the season 1 DVD comes out in September. Otherwise, I'm not sure when we would get it. I don't think they have anything else on there for Star Wars other than the Clone Wars cartoon as far as I know.

10. Hamawald

Jun 14, 2014
    I know there are (at least temporarily) exclusive series and movies in different countries, but for something like Star Wars to only be available in the Nordic countries for now just feels weird to me.

Added to that I am relatively new to Netflix so I am not yet that familiar with when and why and where things are released, but I do know that US Netflix has a lot more content than Swedish Netflix.

11. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    It's not about "exclusives" or the like - it is simply about copyrights and distribution. TCW was not available in every region. Movies and TV shows have different release dates around the world. It has always been that way.

And which Netflix region has more content is debatable, but also irrelevant. You want to watch Penny Dreadful Season 2. Scandinavia has it, the US does not. :D

12. Hamawald

Jun 14, 2014
    In Sweden it's pretty much common knowledge among Netflix users that the US has more content, but I'm not saying that the US has the most content in the world. As you said, that's up for debate.

Other that I'm feeeling pretty stupid right now so I'll just leave it at this:

Whatever you say...

13. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

It is up for debate - and as I also said irrelevant. It doesn't matter which region has more, it only matters which region has what you what.

Why are you "feeling stupid"?

14. Hamawald

Jun 14, 2014
    Because I started this little debate with the slightly "stupid" words: "So it's really weird that it's not yet in the US." Because it isn't really.

Anyway, Rebels is now on Netflix in Scandinavia and will probably show up there in the US and other areas before too long. Just wait and see.

15. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

"Stupid" is very harsh. You shouldn't think that. ;)

There is no telling when it will show up - all depends on Disney, but I'd guess around the DVD release. I got it from iTunes myself. ;)

Hamawald likes this.
  16. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I agree still waiting on a official announcement. I Just hope TCW wont get pulled and that both TCW and Rebels can be on Netflix together.

17. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    We don't even get The Clone Wars on Netflix here in the UK so I doubt we will be getting Rebels any time soon.

18. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    This needs to happen already. Put the show on Netflix with TCW. Netflix needs more animated Star Wars.

AmidalaLover likes this.
  19. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    Yes exactly. I'm thinking it could be similar to how American Horror Story is on Netflix. The previous season goes on Netflix after the new season premiers on television.

20. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Maybe they need a couple more seasons completed. Id love to watch TCW and Rebels together in HD. They should release all of season 1 the 4 shorts and Spark of the Rebellion on Netflix.

21. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    Maybe they will release it on Netflix after Blu Ray/DVD sales settle down and after S2 begins airing.

22. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    We really do need it

23. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    I know!! I wonder if another streaming service has the rights?

24. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Yes most definitely.

Hamawald likes this.
  25. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Maybe now that the show is complete fans will get all 4 seasons on Netflix. TCW has been on there for a good while, would be so great to have them both on the service. I also wonder how the complete box set will be for Rebels in comparison to the TCW box set.