main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels Ratings

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Oct 22, 2014.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    There doing re-runs on the Disney Channel on Saturdays at noon starting on the 29th.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    OK, thanks. From the way you guys and gals were talking, I couldn't tell if it was just reruns in that time slot or actual new episodes. :)

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Oh sorry.

Well, glad I could help anyway. :)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  4. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
  5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yes, I was also a bit confused and found myself under the impression that the series was being moved. [face_blush]

6. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So from what I have seen the shows ratings have been doing better.

8. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Out of Darkness had 600,000 viewers compared to 640,000 the episode before.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Only 40kI just hope it's moved next year.

10. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Yeah it will probably be anywhere in the range of 500,000 to a million during it's XD broadcasts. Most shows the ratings tend to go up again the closer it gets to the end of the season. Beginning of seasons and end of seasons tend to be where the most highly rated episodes are.

11. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Through the first five episodes it has average 760,000 viewers per eppy. Pretty good for the XD network but it definitely could be getting better numbers on a different station. The most important thing though is getting renewed and it is definitely doing well enough for that.

12. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Empire Day got 0.67. Looks like the ratings are stabilizing on XD. Will be interesting to see how much the XD ratings change once they start regularly broadcasting it on the Disney channel.

13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    IIRC the claim that it would air at noon on Saturdays on Disney Channel was determined to be exclusive to certain markets in Asia.

14. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

Ahh so was all that talk just people jumping the gun on things again.

15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Yep. People took an ad from the Asian Disney Channel and jumped to incorrect conclusions.

16. abcmattsw

abcmattsw Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2014
    They've been airing it on Fridays for a couple weeks now and have aired it at around 5 during the day. They put it behind two big movies on the last 2 Fridays and have been promoting it during commercials. The last 2 Fridays' episodes at 9:00 have each gotten 2.3 million.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It really wouldn't surprise me if Disney changed the scheduling of new episodes for the next season to another time slot. Saturday mornings on ABC?

18. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Two issues with that:

A. There are no more Saturday morning cartoons on network television.

B. Generally speaking, Standards and Practices for Saturday morning programming on network TV was ridiculously strict. If the reruns of Transformers Prime, Justice League Unlimited, and Iron Man: Armored Adventures were censored on the former CW Vortexx block then there is a possible risk of Star Wars Rebels being censored if it were to air on a Saturday morning block on network television too.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    How were they censored? And Rebels is already TV-Y7, so there's probably not much to sensor anyhow.

20. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Ahsoka's Tano here's some info from TV Tropes' Vortexx page:

21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Stabalizing? The numbers are close to Avengers:Assemble, Ultimate Spiderman, and Hulk Agent of Smash. Also, the only episode to get close to the million viewship marker was the Rise of the Old Masters. This means that all you fanboys that want no jedi in their stories could be in for a rude awakening, as this one epsiode showed that having jedi content could be important. For Star Wars being billed as the brand, those numbers are not very exciting, especially when compared to Adventure Time. I don't want to hear any of this Cartoon Network or Disney stuff. What I will say is that despite the low numbers, this show is better reveiwed by the critics than TCW ever was.

22. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

Adventure Time is on the Cartoon Network. You can't compare Cartoon Network to Disney XD as a lot more people get the CN. Regardless of the brand few people are going to pay for an extra cable package simply to watch a cartoon.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

This

If the clone wars was on XD I would bet it would get the same ratings as rebels.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  24. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Latest eppy got 0.66. Seems like people have lost interest in ratings discussions though.

25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    It is a very blase show. TCW was better made and paced.