main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels Ratings

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
  2. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Rebels will continue to pull in 500k-700k on XD, the key is he ratings during Disney Channel reruns.

Yancy

3. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Probably the biggest reason for the drop is simply because they took a month or so off.

4. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    It's very hard to get over the million marker for some reason. TCW did it with the Cartoon Network but for the Disney channel it hasn't been there. In the end though, I don't know if the numbers really matter. I think that this show could pull in a 100,000 viewers and they still are going to air what they are going to air. Look at Hulk: Agents of Smash, Avengers: Assemble, and Ultimate Spiderman the Web-Warriors, their numbers aren't that great but they continue to come out with seasons, so nothing to worry in that department. The only thing that I ask Disney, is that evenly this lowly show, should have a proper ending. Meaning, no more abrupt cancelations for star wars like TCW. People aren't going to go for that in fact, it may turn them off putting a crimp on plans to expand the line. Depending on the content of season 2 and the direction that they may go, I foresee an actual increase in numbers...

yaxley likes this.
  5. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    Will the ratings for Rebels increase after Episode VII? I imagine they will have a trailer for Rebels before the movie much like TCW trailer before TPM 3D.

6. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    A slight increase perhaps, but I don't think that Rebels is going a huge bump in numbers even it is shown prior to TFA. By the end of the film most people will forget all of the previews IMO. With that said, I don't think that Disney will cancel the show right now. The ratings as they sit right now seems to be about the norm for Disney XD. What isn't really helping the show at the moment is that October is baseball playoffs. At least they got it off of Mondays so it isn't competing with Monday Night Football for viewers and here's hoping that it is a weekly airing of episodes so that people aren't guessing when the show's next new episode will air.

FWIW, I still think that the decision to air Siege of Lothal in the middle of the summer was odd.

edit to add: Also, I think that the viewership watching Rebels has probably stabilized to what it is going to be.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I really don't think we need another thread about ratings and the such.

But maybe a slight increase.

8. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I merged your thread AmidalaLover because we already have a thread to talk about Rebels ratings and what will/will not effect the show. Next time use the search tab on the top right of the page to make sure that there are no similar existing threads you could post in.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  9. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    The ratings on Disney Channel are 2million+. Shows that it's the channel that's hampering the ratings.

TheOneX_Eleazar and jabberwalkie like this.
  10. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Yeah, it is DisneyXD that is the largest barrier. I get they are trying to create flagship programming to draw people in, but for something like a TV show, especially a cartoon, you either already have to be a fan or the show has to be a media hit.

I did notice that the preview video playing at the end of the TFA trailer was for Rebels. Hopefully, some more people saw it that way.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Well at least 20 million did.:p

12. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

[​IMG]

thatotherjedi likes this.
  13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Is everything proceding as you have forseen?

14. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    Siege of Lothal should have been aired on Disney Channel. Also I wonder if they will reveal any exclusive TFA info during commercial breaks

15. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    They should. It'd be a great way to boost awareness for the show. If not tonight, maybe closer to release. Have a sneak peek air during commercials to draw in viewers. Look how many people tuned in to football Monday for the trailer. Doing it in conjunction with another Star Wars property is a win-win.

16. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Ratings for the Season 2 premiere, "lost Commanders" came out last week... no bueno.

Total of 461,000 viewers; down some 200,000 from the Season 1 viewer average. Ratings for Relics From the Old Republic should be out later today or tomorrow.

Needless to say, dropping some 200K viewers when Star Wars is everywhere in the media, and stores are now flooded with Rebels merchandise is not good. It will be interesting to see how quickly Disney moves to start re-airing episodes on Disney Channel.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  17. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    The main problem is that unlike TCW which played on cartoon network and for particularly dark episodes adult swim even. Rebels doesn't have a lot of options for making the show darker due to Disney's limited number of channels and family friendly MO on all of them. The commercials and bumps on Disney XD are painfully cringe worthy.

18. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Ratings for "Relics of the Republic" just hit the wires... up slightly to 536,000 viewers. Still off Season 1's average by over 100k viewers.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    And as moonjump pointed out, that bump might have been a result of the trailer link at the end of the TFA trailer. I wouldn't be surprised if Always Two There Are is back down closer to The Lost Commanders' level.

20. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Good old Palpy should bring in ratings.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Palpy won't appear thankfully.

What was SOL's viewership?

22. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

How is Palpatine not appearing a good thing?

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

It's not needed nor would it make sense for Sheev to appear in the flesh at all.

24. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

I was thinking something akin to his mysterious appearances along Maul/Dooku etc. late in TCW. We don't see enough of Sheev during the galactic civil war imo.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Maybe for the Final of the series he and Vader will say enough is enough and kill them all.