main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels Ratings

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Oct 22, 2014.

1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    the problem with that is Disney want to advertise XD, make people watch the channel or get the channel, which people wouldn't do if it's on Starwars.com.;)

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No korra is doing good online and nick is still going to make money off both the shows for years but thats a conversation for another thread.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Korra has a lot more viewership online. It's actually really good. I think what also happened was a lot of people preferred to watch it online.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I see what you mean but lets say rebels were to move to disney channel then it could go on SW.com

5. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I love Korra but it doesn't change the fact that the show is a flop (also there are many articles online that proves that the show is a failure=(() .;)

Jedi Knight Bane likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It does not matter either way because the show was never cancelled anyway back on topic.

7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    it was never canceled because they had already ordered 4 seasons and were far along in production of Season 4, and unlike TCW they finished production and they then moved on.

now back on topic.;)

8. McRowdy

McRowdy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2010
    I remember hearing about them putting this on XD and thinking it was moronic even back then. At very best a 20th of the US actually gets this damn channel so why put a product of a big name franchise on it? Better yet why would a company known today for it's animation put all of it's animation on a backlog channel and all of it's live action on their main channel.

9. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
  10. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    As far as the ratings go I see three issues:

1. The time-slot and the night the show airs. It should air either Friday night or Saturday night. Or it should air Friday night and then on Saturday mornings.
    2. The show is on a channel that lots of viewers still don't have.
    3. It's the only non Marvel action cartoon on Disney XD right now. If Tron: Uprising hadn't been cancelled then it and Star Wars Rebels could have aired together in an action block.

Well there is animation on the Disney Channel. However, most of the cartoons on that channel are targeted towards the preschool demographic and not the standard 6-14 demographic that the channel targets overall.

Gallandro I just read your article. Interesting. I liked how you pointed out that there was a higher percentage of girls 12-14 who watched Droids in Distress than boys 12-14. Perhaps that could give Disney incentive to air reruns of the show on their main channel.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well that is interesting is 12-14 there biggest demographic.

12. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    LOL And the viewership keeps dropping.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Rebels

Ouch!!! That's quite a dip in viewers. If we're lucky, perhaps Disney will reconsider season 2 and pull the plug on this silly cartoon for babies that is tarnishing the good name of Star Wars.

13. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    To quote myself from the general Rebels discussion thread:

And "silly cartoon for babies that is tarnishing the good name of Star Wars"??? Wait until you see the "Rise of the Old Masters" before making such a judgment.

14. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Lots of 12-14 year old kids watch the shows on the Disney Channel. I enjoyed watching the first season of That's So Raven when I was twelve. So it wouldn't hurt for Disney to try and air Rebels on their main channel.

Plus I want the Disney Channel to have some variety. Right now it's just tweencom after tweencom with some animated shows mixed in. At least Disney XD has action cartoons, live-action sitcoms, and comedy cartoons. Heck Disney XD even has Doraemon aka the super long running anime about the robot cat.

So yeah the Disney Channel needs more variety. Rebels could help with that.

15. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    My goodness people are already giving this series the kiss of death because the ratings are so low compared to what TCW had.

Well instead lets compare it to other Disney XD programming shall we.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratin...hs-in-target-demos-175512/20140805disneyxd01/

Disney XD ratings are really low anyway and Rebels ratings were right up there in comparison to other programs the network has even though it still had less than a million viewers.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I agree but could you imagine if it was on Disney channel or ABC

17. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

They are trying to build up subscribers for XD.

Jedi Older Code likes this.
  18. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

Yes those would be poor ratings on a channel that more people have. I'd imagine if it were on a more common channel though we would see ratings similar to what TCW had (as a large portion of the people watching it at this point are likely TCW fans).

The Rebels premiere had better ratings then TCW had seen in years.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Really I did not no that.

20. Billyjeanplxiv

Billyjeanplxiv Jedi Master star 1

Aug 8, 2014
    I understand wanting people to watch Disney XD. But Rebels is a series that NEEDS to be on the main channel. I love rebels, and id hate to see it cancelled before 4-5 seasons at least.

21. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

The show isn't going anywhere and is infact performing very well in comparison to other animation shows on the network.
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...nts-of-s-m-a-s-h-renewed-by-disney-xd/286747/
    (posted earlier in this thread)
    The highest rated animation show on Disney XD only gets about 700,000 viewers. Rebels will have to get much, much, much lower than 580,000 viewers to be in danger of being canceled on XD (and that is only if Disney cares about good ratings for the show). The show did drop significantly from the XD premiere to the second episode but every show has a ratings drop from week 1 to week 2.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well it was on Disney week one

23. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    I'm referring to the first week it showed a new episode on XD. That week it got about a million viewers.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    YA I just looked it up and rebels beoke there viewing record.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  25. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002