main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels Recon **Video and SPOILER Heavy**

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Geonosian recon!

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  2. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Pity the audience question was wasted on something everyone and their mother knew.

3. Ryan Hunt

Ryan Hunt Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 11, 2013
  4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    That design has been around since Season One. Maybe it transforms though, into that thing in the 2nd half of season 3 trailer.

5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    They are just straw man questions. I wouldn't expect them to ask anything difficult or challenging

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Is it just me or does Filoni look pretty stressed/old in this latest Recon? His beard has gone almost completely silver. I remember in the Clone Wars Featurettes from seven years ago that he looked a lot younger and more vital and full of energy. Hope he's ok.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Probably. Working on Star Wars for so long ages you. Look at George before and after the prequels, a difference of 6 years-
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    My own take is he's not stupid, he knows how mediocre Rebels is (hence non Rebels cast finales) . Im guessing there have been times he's tried to change the style of the show etc but for whatever reason he's been shot down. That's got to be pretty depressing but it's a job so he has to do it. And if he's also setting up a new show, that must be tiring too.

Jedi Knight Fett and ARC_RC-7567 like this.
  9. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Busy work environments, especially when you're stuck with Disney can be quite stressful.

10. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    As for Filoni being shot down on changes to the show you're probably right. It's ppmore than likely people like Kathleen Kennedy and Disney execs that want the show to appeal to the largest possible group. Last year Filoni said the show would be darker in the same way The Clone Wars got darker, and we're continuing to see the same really mediocre content from Rebels. It's pretty sad if you ask me; The Clone Wars was his project, probably more so than Lucas', and then to have it cancelled and have to work on something where he obviously knows it's just not as good must really suck.

There's been rumors that Lucasfilm is hiring for a new animated show and I'm hoping that it doesn't get stuck on Disney XD, becuase that's where most Star Wars material is going to be the most disappointing nowadays.

Zejo the Jedi, fett 4 and Vialco like this.
  11. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Warhead recon!

CIS Droid likes this.
  12. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    Heh, loved the darth vader #4/ghost of geonosis queen questions. Pablo must have been really tired of all the complaining.

And, man. The art style used for the dark sabers past looked gorgeous, cant wait for next weeks episode

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  13. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Reminded me of what they did in Harry Potter with the story of the Deathly Hallows. Very cool storytelling method.

CIS Droid and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  14. Anakin 99

Anakin 99 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2016
    Now I hope Pablo be annoyed All the time and answer more than one question

15. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

Or the movie Priest.

16. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015

Probably why i like it so much, the animation of the deathly hallows story and how they told it was my favorite part of Dh part 1

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You can see that with several of the crew. Some have not aged gracefully over the past decade.

He is only 42 which is quite young, but genes and all.

Vialco likes this.
  18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Stress is probably great as its still a job and a business, and none of them(or us) are getting any younger.

19. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    It's cool that they're employing the closest thing to a flashback that this show has used to explain the Darksaber's origins.

20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    It's essentially just a Lightsaber exposition scene. That doesn't bode well for the episode. Although the actual story is interesting

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Although it's new info on the new Republic so I am all for it.

fett 4 likes this.
  22. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    Personally, I like it. A bit of world-building, to get people talking, without revealing much about the episode. Not that I think a lot's going to happen in this episode -- it seems to be more of a character-growth and character-relationship one -- but I think this is a better approach to making a preview than we've seen previously. I feel like too many of these previews have given away too much of the episode plotlines, to the point where watching the episode feels redundant.

23. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Old Republic you mean

24. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

That's really unfortunate. I hope Dave finds his job very fulfilling. I've recently discovered that my job was also causing me stress and resulting in premature aging. So I cut my hours to the bone and spend a lot more time relaxing. Life is very short, so you have to enjoy your golden years.

fett 4 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  25. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I think your right. I agree and take back what I previously said