main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels: Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    We had seasonal discussions for each TCW season and I think its time to start doing this with Rebels and to pull some of the discussion of season 1 out of the general thread and into its own thread. Please check out the spoilers sticky at the top of the forum and lets have fun.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Given that Rebels begins in 5 BBY, I'm assuming that each season corresponds to a year, with five seasons being planned in total.

So how exactly would the first season end? It most likely wouldn't be just with a significant story arc like TCW's season finales, since Rebels is one holistic story arc.

TheSilentInfluence and Seerow like this.
  3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The Empire begins to systemically hunt down all rebel cells; possible introduction of Vader and, maybe, Ezra first use of a lightsaber. That's my basic guess at the season one finale.

4. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Considering how Kallus came in, I think be Empire is already systematically hunting down rebel cells.

5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    And Vader shouldn't appear until season three at least.

Maybe in the next season Rae Slaone could appear?

Do I need spoier tags for A New Dawn? it's been out for over a month now.

6. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    The existence of Rae Sloane is definitely not a spoiler.

Needs more Sloane. Just watch the ISD Ultimatum hail the Ghost and Kanan and Hera are all "Oh hell" while Zeb and Sabine and Ezra are all "Who's Sloane?"

7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That would be perfect. <3 I'd like to see Kanan and Hera explain Gorse to Sabine, Zeb and Ezra. Though, do you think Sabine And Zeb would know about that already? Kanan and Hera could have told them.

8. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    As much as I like Jason Issacs Inquisitor so far, I'm hoping Vaders introduction into the series is him taking him out of the picture for failing and taking his place down the road.

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Okay. That would be awesome. And now I hope that Vader takes out the Inquisitor for being a failure or not taking out this rebel cell effectively.

10. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

My idea for a perfect ending for season 2 is the Inquisitor fails to put down the rebels and they have a little victory against him. He is then contacted by an Imperial official (Mas Amedda would be a great choice) telling him to return to Coruscant, ordered by the Emperor himself. He takes his ship back and goes into the Imperial Palace throne room, where Palpatine berates him for his continual failures. Vader, standing at the side of Palpatine's throne, is then ordered by Palpatine to kill the Inquisitor, which he does with ease. Vader is then tasked with leading the Imperial operation to put down the rebels, and the season ends.

Then we get a season 3 trailer of Vader just going berserk.

11. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    This is shaping up to be a great season, and its barely begun.

12. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I'd shift it a season down the line, but otherwise that sounds pretty good.

Though seeing Kanan kill him eventually would also be pretty satisfying.

Seeing Hera shoot him would be the most satisfying thing ever, because Hera is a boss.

Ventrix, Doop and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  13. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

That'd be cool as well, however in some ways I'd rather have Palpatine order Vader to kill the Inquisitor, as it makes them seem menacing and asserts Palpatine's position as the big bad. It also makes Vader seem pretty intimidating that he can dispose of the Inquisitor - someone Kanan had a bit a trouble with in the past - so easily.

Darth Rycbar likes this.
  14. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Hera>Kanan>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Hera and Kanan are like Bonnie and Clyde. Only they don't rob banks, just the Empire. ;)

appleseed likes this.
  16. Daniel Hempenstall

Daniel Hempenstall Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2014
    Does anybody think that Rebels is really out of place and doesnt fit any of the other canon series? like How Kanan is only a Jedi Padawan yet in episode 1 he holds of a force larger than that which killed Ki adi mundi. Also how the empire is now really evil, like theres no clones in this story? but they were still commissioned for a long while into the empire, also they've brought back that stormtroopers cannot shoot straight at open enemies down a narrow corridor? Yes i get that they are trying to hark back to episode 4 times but its very annoying. I hope rebels will take the same path as TCW in which they create to many characters and realise they have to kill them all off. btw i loved TCW 4-6 by just how brutal and heart wrenching it was

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Kanan wasn't in episode one, what are you talking about? And its not out of place, it takes place between episodes 3 and 4. It's more about one Rebel cell out of many.

If you want to know more about Kanan and Hera, reading A New Dawn is a good place to start. Also Depa Billaba was Kanans Master, if you wanted to know.

Clone production was stopped after the Clone Wars and human recruitment began for stormtroopers to be used by the Empire. If we do see any Clones; they won't be the young guys we saw.

They didn't kill that many characters off. But I do get what you're saying. However, they do not need to kill a majority of characters off for it to be a good series.

There was a new spoiler about episode five for rebels. Its kinda dark, but I do recommend checking it out if you don't mind spoilers

Also, welcome to the boards. :)

18. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    I've only started Phase 3 of the book, so it'd be nice if there were still spoiler tags

19. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Okay. I can still do that. I'm not quite done the book myself.

20. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Yeah, me three. Right now I'm in a binge rush to read 100 pages by the end of the night so I can watch Spark of a Rebellion (and the first episode if it's true that it's on WatchDisneyXD.)

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  21. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    It is on disney XD and apparently, for sale at Wal-Mart.

The book just keeps getting better and better though.

22. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Well "Droids in Distress" went live tonight, and although it's written by Greg Weisman it's a bit of a mess. It's basically a backstory episode for Zeb, with a fairly weak plot with a last minute appearance by Kallus so we can get a big fight scene at the end (otherwise he literally has no point in the story).

Basically the point of Kallus' appearance from as far as I can tell was to give the "I killed your people" speech to give Zeb a motive

Name dropping, and guest appearances abound to the point of near distraction. Let's see, we get:

A Star Tours references complete with appearance by Captain Rex (complete with quasi Paul Rubens impression), of course C-3PO and R2 appearance... and later the big reveal... Bail Organa

It's all well and good, but again it's trying to stuff too many references into 22 minutes. Frankly the call backs and guest appearances really limit what little story there is in the episode... this probably should have been extended over two episodes.

As it is it feels incredibly rushed.

Quick observations:

1) Cikatro Vizago is but a pale imitation of the always awesome Hondo Ohnaka. I actual cringed at his appearance in the episode because between the dialog and accent all I heard was Hondo.

2) I though Kevin Kiner couldn't possibly jam any more Williams motifs and rip more Star Wars music note for note than what he did in Spark of Rebellion... Wow was I wrong. Almost 22 minutes solid of nothing but "The Best of" hit from Star Wars. Extremely distracting at times.

*** out of ***** Entertaining, but rushed and forced in many respects.

23. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I just finished chapter 49. Can I just say that Kanan seriously is the best? [face_laugh]

24. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Unfortunately we know Bonnie and Clyde's fate.

25. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Kanan is amazing. I completely agree with you. [face_laugh] He's just not what you would expect with an ex-jedi and it's amazing.

Yeah well; here's hoping Kanan and Hera have a better one.