main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels: Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I don't think it was intentional, but I do see how they bear comparison.

Vorax likes this.
  2. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    YES!Figured out how to quote YEAH!sorry im late But anyway my little sister(aged 6) loves rebels.Her favourite character is Kanan.I was shocked it wasn't sabine to be honest(she loves pink so much I thought that it was inevitable)Her reaction to kanan being run through in POTJ was funny.We are watching TCW now and after seeing TPM she dosn't even like jar jar and we skipped bombad jedi.Her favourite in that is not Ashoka but Ventress and Anakin.oh ROTS is going to be so fun....

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

More power to her for not having her favorite be Ahsoka.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. TK-421 Is vader

Jan 5, 2015
    I actually feel the same way about asohka.Im glad I convinced her to watch ANH one day when I felt like it had been to long since i'd seen it.She loved leia: Princess?Check.Cool?check.To be honest I think she likes ventress more then little 'soka simply because she is a girl and she has TWO lightsabers.Having a padawan-scratch that APRENTICE and imparting wisdom(sometimes ignored as she just refuses to think Caddy Bane is Awesome)good it is.Rated 12 and over is episode VII?Much anger I will sense in her if PG does not occur.
    Jedi Knight Fett

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
  6. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    Children? Unlikely. IIRC Lasats are long-lived species, and we can assume that he's still too young to already have a family. Even though he might marry early, long-lived species usually do not have descendants too quickly, or there would be a deadly population boom.

I even vaguely remember reading somewhere that Zeb joining the Lasat Honor Guard was nothing short of awesome, for many thought he was too young to join. Kind of like when you hear an 18 y.o. passing a PhD panel.

I did some on-the-fly calculation, and in human terms, Zeb's possibly between 17-22 years of age.

So, he's most likely that eldest brother serving in the military, with a proud father, a doting mother (that always slip a bag of spacewaffles when he's returning to his barracks from his family's home), and perhaps a little sister (say, of 14-human-year of age) that was always worried for her big bro's safety.

The existence of a little sister would explain his special bonding with Sabine, since Sabine is practically the replacement to the little sister that he lost.

7. Fuzzy ambassador

Fuzzy ambassador Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2012
    I've always thought Zeb was a youngster too. He acts immature a lot of times, more than you would expect a grown 'man' to. He reminds me of the big brother on the Wonder years, but a little nicer. That kid was a jerk. I really got the feeling Zeb and Ezra were a couple of teen brothers when they stole that tie-fighter. I really hope season two delves a little more into what happened on Lasan.

8. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    uncle?

9. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I'm someone knows this better than me, but the uncle bit came from a panel q/a time (I think?) and then in one of the Rebels Recon vids, someone mentioned that Cham was her father....... Yeah I am still confused about that....

10. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    It says on wookiepedia now that cham is her father and I'm guessing that's the truth now though I personally preferred her being his niece

11. pepoluan

Feb 4, 2015
    It was not just "someone". It was Pablo Hidalgo from the Lucasfilm Story Group, which is the Guardian of All Things Canon.

He had declared very explicitly, in no uncertain terms, without beating around the bushes that "Cham Syndulla is Hera's father."

Coming direct from LSG, that's as Canon as you can get.

Wookieepedia has been updated the very day Rebels Recon #13 aired. Which was... quite some time ago.

(Side note: The misunderstanding that Hera was Cham's niece was due to a statement from Del Rey, IIRC. This statement has been explicitly declared as wrong, in no uncertain terms, via the Official Star Wars Twitter account.)

So, at this point, there must no longer be any confusion as to Hera's relationship with Cham. Hera is Cham's daughter. Cham is Hera's father.

Case closed.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  12. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    What was better though, Hera as Cham's niece or as his daughter?

I go for niece

13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  14. pepoluan

Feb 4, 2015
    Irrelevant. Canon says Hera is Cham's daughter, so "what if"s serve no purpose.

Better to think about the consequences:
    • Being the Ryloth Freedom Fighter Leader's daughter, she has a price on her head
    • Also, she will be better suited to tap into the rebellion network her father helped build
    • There's a "closing the circle" connection: Cham had interacted quite a lot with Mace Windu, who happens to be Kanan's grand-master.
    • The upcoming "Lords of the Sith" novel will make more impact if Cham dies in it

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So does that mean Hera was in that one TCW episode.

16. pepoluan

Feb 4, 2015
  17. pepoluan

Feb 4, 2015
    That's the contest: To be the first to find out exactly where Hera made her first appearance. :p:D

18. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011
    I don't think that child was her. She had orange skin as opposed to green for one.

19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Overall...

Good first season, but nothing to write home about.
    Story and characters... hmmm...
    Cool introduction to the main heroes. Not enough new villains. The ones we got were either too boring or dead. The only villain that kinda had potential died and was the biggest waste of time this show gave us. The Inquisitor was in most episodes and was the "main" baddie for most of the season on and off screen, but he got as developed as a secondary villain or henchman on The Clone Wars. The Pau'an was as developed as Riff Tamson and Tamson had 3 episodes to do it. The Inquisitor wasted 3 times as many episodes. Given that the last episode was written by Kinberg, I would blame him for the wasted opportunity in making an amazing villain. Such a waste.... :rolleyes:

The Imperials are sooooo boring. Aresko and Grint were weaker than a Tactical droid in terms of... everything! I am happy they are gone.

The season was average until Tarkin showed up. The Tarkin saved the season from being just OK due to lackluster villains and plots. Again, I blame Kinberg. Filoni and Weisman have been in charge of projects with so much heart, story and energy that is hard to imagine them being responsible. Kinberg is the weakest link in my opinion.

Visuals were puzzling. It is like 6 years and many episode of The Clone Wars are gone and everybody is back at the drawing board. The only good visual aspect of the show is the lip movement. Lines fit greatly in the mouths of the characters when those characters are speaking.

The music is the best part. Kiner is outdoing himself. I love how Star Wars-y his scores for Rebels sound.

I might not be the biggest fan of this show, but I am hopeful for the future of this series.

Here is going to turn out to be the sister of that child of Ryloth. Maybe Hera will be retconned in the scenes with Mace.

darskpine10 likes this.
  20. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    That orange skinned sister could have been killed by the empire giving Hera her reason to become a rebel

21. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I am okay with the first season as a whole not being perfect since it was the starter season in which the characters and the storyline needs to get introduced and established; in short, the show needed some time to really get it's groove going.

Now when that has been done and with the steady improvement it has shown (especially during the Tseebo storyline, Tarkin showing up & the end where the gang meets a much bigger Rebel cell while the dark lord himself enters the playing field) in mind, it can roll on more smoothly and can almost certainly only get better.

22. TK-421 Is vader

Jan 5, 2015
    Hera....don't you have something important to tell Ezra?like didnt you need to tell him six episodes ago?No?You made a big deal about telling him to Tseebo then didn't?Ok. Seriously did the writers FORGET this?Is that what happened?

23. pepoluan

Feb 4, 2015
    Something happened after that "we need to talk" from Kanan.

24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

The first half of episodes had nothing to connect them into a storyline. The only consistant thing was the rushed training of Ezra.

Introducing Vader at the end is kinda desperate and way too early. This is a reveal for maybe the middle of the 3rd season and not the end of the 1st.
    It just screams "WATCH US! We have what you want..."

Like with the painted TIE fighter, this Tseebo thing will come into play later. I bet Hera will forget to tell Ezra and Ezra will see Tseebo again before Hera tells him the info. Then there will be a needless cliched falling out with Hera and Ezra.

25. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Maybe what happened in the first half didn't connect them a lot to the overall story and maybe the training was rushed (I didn't think it was so bad), but it still introduced us to the main characters and let us get to know them as well as established other things and aspects that came into play later (or will eventually); even Fighter Flight, which was essentially filler, had some important material (we were given some background info regarding Ezra and the stolen TIE fighter became an important part of the season finale).