main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels: Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    This is really all you had to say. While many in this forum seem to appreciate the silly and rather unorthodox antics of the droid named Chopper, I just find it rather annoying and borderline juvenile. 3PO has always been the Yin to R2's Yang. Yeah he's got a few screws loose, but at least he serves a purpose besides getting in everyone's way.

darskpine10 likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Wasn't that like the second to last episode?

3. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

And it is still in season 1 isn't it. You are digging for straws a little bit there if you are trying to make an argument about Rebels being for a younger audience because it had a scene like that in the latter half of the season instead of the first half.

Slater likes this.
  4. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I forget who mentioned it, but Sabine did shoot a Stormtrooper in the face more or less pretty early on.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I can't remember either. :/

[​IMG]

Erik327, pepoluan and jabberwalkie like this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well to give TCW credit on being dark

They did say Hell in Season 1 so they got that going for them.

7. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I don't see how saying "Hell" is dark..... Care to explain that reasoning?

8. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    I guess because it's a slightly bad word?

9. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    The first episode of TCW was yoda jumping around like....don't know what to call it and giggling like a troll.Mature was that?

pepoluan likes this.
  10. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    What about the battle droid humor from season 1? Wouldn't you say that's juvenile? I mean Ambush is basically 22 minutes of droid slapstick. Or Ahsoka's nicknames for everything? That's kind of juvenile too.

My last post directed towards you was long because you seem to think that Rebels being Y7 and on a Disney owned channel means that it's for a younger demographic than TCW. Sorry, but that's absolutely ridiculous.

Think about this: The Simpsons is TV-PG, Family Guy is TV-14, and South Park is TV-MA. Since all three of these shows are rated differently then they must be aimed at different demographics right? Wrong. All three of these shows are aimed at the 18-35 year old demographic just like both TCW and Rebels are aimed at the 6-14 year old demographic.

pepoluan and jabberwalkie like this.
  11. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    All it is ever going to come down to is which series you personally like best. However they are still aimed at the same audience. Trying to find ways to put down the other show because it isn't your favorite is along the same lines as when EU fans tried to find anything and everything to poke fun at TCW because it went against a lot of the stuff they had read in the books.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Its not but it was the most adult thing that came out of season 1.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Although us adults can love it to.:_|

:p

Jedi_Kenobi32 likes this.
  14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

I think they got Chopper antics from some of the banter between C3PO and R2 in the movies. At one point in the factory, R2 basically attempts to kill C3PO by knocking off the ledge and that point they just met and with C3P0 being essentially the new pet being brought into the home as R2 was there first with the main leads. Chopper is just far more exaggerated and unrestrained .

15. Archie Brown

Archie Brown Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2015
    I think that season 1 of rebels was great but if I had to compare it to all of the clone wars seasons 1-6 it would probably be my least favourite season! My favorite part was when Ahsoka was revealed to us and I hope with her that Season 2 will be much better! I'm not saying that rebels is not good because it is, I enjoyed it, just the Clone Wars was better! But we will see over time! And with the arrival of Darth Vader things will only get better!

16. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Now that I think about it: the only major difference between TCW and other action-adventure kids shows regarding content was that TCW actually showed death/characters getting killed. We all know censors usually balk at death in western kids shows. Once again Batman: TAS couldn't show the Joker killing anyone. In contrast Cad Bane, Darth Maul, Pong Krell, and other TCW baddies have killed plenty of characters. Sometimes brutally and many times on screen. Basically there's no way Darth Maul could kill anyone if he was a Batman: TAS villain. Especially not children. Nope. The Fox Kids censors wouldn't allow it.

But if one takes out the whole, "death is allowed in TCW" element then it really becomes no different than any other kids show. For example, TCW did not depict content like cigarette smoking, violence that can be easily imitated, squirting/splattering human blood, off screen/implied sex scenes, underage drinking/smoking, and actual drug use. Those aforementioned things have been shown in prime time PG shows like The Simpsons but would obviously never be allowed in any kids show*. In other words TCW still followed the standard censorship rules that other children's programming must follow.

As for violence, 98% of the violence in TCW was obviously fantasy oriented. The violence was a little more brutal than the stuff one would see in Ben 10: Alien Force but it was still fantasy oriented nonetheless.

*That is unless there's something pro-social about it. IE: an episode of an edutainment show that depicts the dangers of smoking. Of course stuff like imitable violence and off-screen sex scenes (no, crap past the radar moments don't count) wouldn't be permitted in kids TV at all for obvious reasons.

17. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Multiple people were stabbed through the chest in the first season. An entire village full of Twi'lek civilians was bombed. A warmongering Pantoran started a war with an alien race simply because he deemed them to be inferior.

And the most adult thing was someone saying the word "hell?" o_O

jabberwalkie likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    America: we have our priorities straight. [face_flag]

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I have not watched Season 1 since 2010 cut me some slack.

Better hand in my star wars Pass.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I don't know why but I found that Hellirious.

22. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
  23. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Still love in Hostage Crisis when Cad Bane just point blank shoots the senator in the back as he tries to walk away. Great stuff.

And TCW movie was even pretty brutal. Watched it on Blu-ray yesterday, and some of the clones die in gruesome ways, like on Christophsis when one gets up to charge and gets his head blown off, and when one clone charges the super battle droid on Teth, it grabs him by the arm and just shoots him in the chest.

But Rebels also had Sabine take out two stormtroopers in a split second in the chest in Call To Action. Personally, I don't care how "dark" it is. A New Hope wasn't dark. Even Empire isn't as dark as fans make it out to be. What in that film is so mature and dark? Vader Force choking a few admirals? By that logic TCW is just as dark! ROTS is really the most mature/serious SW film IMO, especially the last hour, where it is essentially all doom and gloom. But again, I don't need something to be dark and foreboding to watch it. It's SW, it's for all ages, I don't need to see blood and guts and sex everywhere. That's not what SW is, yet some fans believe this is how it should be.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

This It only needs to be dark when it advance the story in some way.

25. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Regarding the drug use, what about this fella:

[​IMG]

Vorax likes this.