main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels: Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Star Wars has included drug use(Death sticks and Spice). Jabba smoked his Hookah pipe and it can often bee seen next to him, not sure if it was in the series off hand but it was in TCW feature film. There was often lots of booze and prostitution/sex slavary on the toon.

darskpine10 likes this.
  2. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Ah its American Show Booze is fine.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm trying to understand how your response doesn't just agree with everything I've already declared. TCW was TV-PG; falling into the same demographic, as you said, as Simpsons, Family Guy, and South Park. Rebels is TV-Y. The demographic is 6-14. As you say, that's a 6-14 year old demographic. That IS a younger audience, isn't it?

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hondo would like to disagree

He ran a pretty big drug Empire.

darskpine10 likes this.
  5. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I started rewatching season of Rebels again today (probably been around a year or more since I have watched episodes from season 1) and man the lower production budget they had back then is really evident after seeing seasons 2 and 3. Many of their episodes revolve around either the inside of the Ghost or the grassy fields of Lothal and Capital City. They even base two separate episodes around that asteroid base (presumably so they wouldn't have to create an entirely new location).

It didn't hurt the storytelling because back then they were still just a small little single cell based around their home planet. However it definitely is noticeable how limited they were in creating a good variation of landscapes, cities, and planets.

Gudenruben2 and SensationalSean like this.
  6. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I watched Season 1 after seeing Steps into Shadow at Celebration Europe last year and was blown away by how much the animation has improved. There's much more variety in the environments and there's way more happening on the screen.

Filoni's general honesty when it comes to budgetary constraints has really opened my eyes to the logistics behind these shows too, it's like they had to start again after they switched away from TCW's animation style.