main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels: Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Some people though she was related to Satine.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Its not to say yet that there is no relation between Bo-Katan and Sabine, the former being Satine's sister. There are quite a few similarities. I'm not saying Bo is really Sabine's parentage or something radical like that since there were more Night Owls. I wonder if Sabine will one day tell anything about the aftermath of Maul's escapades on Mandalore. The similarities to the names Satine and Sabine I think are probably more cultural. Or could just be like different versions of the name Jessica.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm sure hoping she does. Also, I wonder if one of her parents admired Satine's strength, and decided to somewhat name her after their former leader without making it really obvious. Of course it could just be a different version of the name as well; like you said.

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Still think she is Satine's daughter.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I doubt it but whatever floats your boat.

6. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    Seriously? With WHO? She was pretty Obisexual in TCW, and she had been that way sense they were young. I really doubt her having a kid who would be about 2 when she died wouldn't be brought up AT ALL.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Ya she was always Obi Wans girl.

8. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    >Obisexual

I lost it.

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    [​IMG]

Let' face it; were all a little obisexual. ;)

10. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
  11. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    *slow clap* for the term Obisexual

12. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    He is the epitome of a Knight in Shining Armor, and ideal Jedi, and am incredibly snarky man with a British accent played by Ewan Mcgregor in his prime or voiced my James Arnold Taylor.

OF COURSE we all want a piece of that. LOOK AT THAT BEARD!

13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    LOOK AT THAT SEXY LOOK HE GIVES.

Doop likes this.
  14. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    She looks to be an evolution of the character Rook Kast from the unproduced Season 7 arc Son of Dathomir, which we saw produced as a comic. Check out the helmet markings, armor color, and vague portrait resemblance:
    [​IMG]

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Perhaps Rook Kast is Sabine's mother.

16. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yes, we did throw that idea around awhile back... ;)

17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Indeed. ;)

I think it would be very interesting. Or at least, a reunion between them would be.

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Especially now we know from SoD that Rook worked for Maul... and we know Sabine has bad memories of what went down on Mandalore, but that was related to her time at the Imperial Academy... did Sabine witness the destruction of Bo Katan's Nite Owl's? Then took a helmet in honor of them?

19. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    It's possible. I mean, that would be a good way to go anyway. But did the Nite Owls die? I was under the impression that Bo-Katan was/is still alive. Still; can you imagine having a mother who worked for a Sith. Someone similar to the Inquisitor and Vader in a way. On a side note, since the helmet she carries is a Nite Owl one; I really want to know how she got it. And what Rook's reaction to it would be like.

Watto likes this.
  20. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    That's true. Here is also a pic of Bo Katan to go along with it.

[​IMG]

So regardless of rather or not Sabine has any relation to these characters it is pretty obvious that at the very least the idea for her character (and the image as well) probably came from already developed TCW characters (or would have been TCW characters without the Disney sell).

21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    We may be getting ahead of ourselves but I like where you're going with this. :)

I hope that Bo Katan still lives but we don't know for sure. We just know that there is a lot if tragedy surrounding Mandalore.

22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Thanks. :) I don't know why, but all this is fascinating to me. :)

I hope so as well. I mean, maybe she's off planet and living somewhere else or something. Buy yes, Mandalore appears to have been hit hard by the Empire. Hopefully Sabine gives us some insight on how.

23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Nite Owls are all apparently females. Rook appears to the only female in Death Watch, Maul's Death Watch. The chess connection and bird names are also clues. Unless simply artistic overlaps. Rook and Gar had 0 backstory and just came outve nowhere. Is there one or two females that side with Maul in the palace? There is a few gar looking clones, same heads and hairdos.

24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I didn't even know the Nite Owls were all females. That's pretty cool. But I'm not sure on how many females side with Maul. I'd assume that there would be more then two but who knows. Either way, interested as to what they do with Maul and his Mauldalorians in terms of further comics etc. Do you think they'll continue to expand upon it? Or maybe give Rook Kast her own comic?

25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    All were male in SOD, cept for Rook Kast.

*They should, but may not if Sabine turns out not to be connected. But Rook and Gar were interesting characters and lieutenants of Maul's & fiercely loyal.