main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels: Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 1, 2014.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Oh, okay. Thanks. :)

2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I did get the impression that they rushed through it in the comic Son of Dathomir. It felt like an over-simplified version of the story without all the detail we came to expect in the actual animated series. I would have liked it more in animated form, and we probably would have gotten more detail even on the side characters like Rook Kast.

Vorax and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

I didn't think any of the Night Owls sided with Maul. Bo-Katan was pretty upset with Maul for killing Pre Vizsla. Enough so I think it took everything in her not to fly into an unstoppable rage to avenge him and ultimately go down like a punk. Thus the story progressed so Obi-wan could come mess everything up more. This all would be interesting to hear from Sabine in retrospect I guess.

Not sure this topic has that much to do with Rebels anymore.

Vorax likes this.
  4. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah. That's true.

Anyway, back on topic.

5. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    I hate to admit it but the first half of season one left almost no impression on me whatsoever. Let me make it clear that I'm an animation fanatic and I loved TCW as much as (and sometimes more than) any of the feature films and I'm a huge Filoni fan. Honestly, several of the tie-in books left more of an impression than the series. I'm planning on watching the episodes again after Xmas. But thus far: underwhelmed.

HEDGESMFG and jabberwalkie like this.
  6. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    EternalHero

I understand the feeling, but I look at it as them showing that the crew was still getting used to each other and still doing some setup. There is still much background needed on the characters, but I am hoping that we get some of that here in the second half of season and that it will tie into the overall story.

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

She also also seemed annoyed at Maul becoming an ally. Maul was more calm after his chat with Pre in the tent scene, then Bo stepped forwarded and tested Maul as she mocked their current physical state and abilities. I think from that moment Maul knew they'd be playing games with these two. For whatever reason Pre just dumped them in a cell rather than ray shielded them, Maul and Opress couldve broke out anytime they wanted which was what they did. So not sure of the logic but whatever.

Interesting thing on Zanbar I noticed. There is Anooba dogs which Sabine sports one as art motif on her shoulder:

[​IMG]

There is one Nite Owl female present after Maul assumes control of Death Watch, far right at Almec's speech and she accompanies him into Maul's thrown room(barely visible but you can see her there too):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Vorax

Nice finds :). I didn't even notice that about Zanbar. That was the camp where Death Watch relocated right? I wonder if that's just an easter egg or there is some connection between that planet; Death Watch and Sabine herself.

9. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Noticed the Anooba, I didn't see the female mando. Cool finds!

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Yea, but in SOD it wasn't a camp but a fortress. His forces had militarized considerably by this stage.

11. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    So with the new info that we will get season 2 starting in April and that season 2 will likely be over by the time TFA comes out do you think this is going to be a short lived series and that Disney plans on focusing entirely on the ST era? Or do you think the news of the early start for season 2 means little in terms of the future of the show?

12. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    I think it'll last about a year after TFA. If we're lucky, they'll keep it going past season 3.

13. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I just want to say that so Far I love the Rebels even more then I loved The Clone Wars and I loved The Clone Wars!!!!!:) Who else is watching the Marathon of the First half of the First season of Rebels? I am taping it on my DVD Recorder!!!!!!!!!!:D

ifleninwasawizard likes this.
  14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I don't know that it matters a whole lot, there have already been rumors it is going to be a short series but I don't think it will only be 2 seasons....I'm guessing 3 or 4 and then they will do something new, not necessarily in the ST though I do think that will happen eventually.

15. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    3 seasons is a pretty short time to build up a rebelion considering the pace of season one. They haven't put up ANY threat to the empire, just the local unit.

16. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005

For the most part the Ghost Crew is doing the same exact thing the group of Rebels from the Tarkin book were doing and that was supposed to take place ten years prior to the Cartoon series. I think they can show how all these various pockets of resistence band together within three seasons to form the alliance and I think that would be a satisfactory conclusion (not an ideal conclusion but a satisfactory one).

17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Agreed. Heck for all we know it could already have started and the Ghost crew just doesn't know about it yet, they keep themselves mostly to Lothal so word could easily not have gotten to them yet, and I'm sure the Empire would do all the could to keep word of rebellion quiet.

18. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Didn't read Tarkin yet, so I wouldn't know. So you guys are probably right.

19. feeltheforcee

feeltheforcee Jedi Padawan

Dec 22, 2013
    Heya Guys, Returning force.net new member here, been ages since I've been here nice to be back.
    And so much has happened in SW Universe

20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Welcome back. :)

Have you seen all or any episodes of Rebels yet?

feeltheforcee likes this.
  21. Marcus Moore

Marcus Moore Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 16, 2014

We don't know that REBELS S2 will start in April. Only people who attend Celebration will get to see the first episode of S2, just like the people who got to see SPARK OF REBELLION at Comicon last year. There's been no information that says REBELS will start airing any earlier than October just like this year.

22. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    I'd assume it'll air sometime in May or June, if they're showing the episode in advanced that early.

23. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah, if they showed an advanced episode early and then made people wait months to watch it they might lose some viewers.

Doop likes this.
  24. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    They better promote the hell out of season 2. I know my one friend is getting fed up with this hiatus.

25. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    So, are the newest batch of episodes in season 2, or is just a part 2 to season 1 as I first thought?