main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels: Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 1, 2014.

1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    The episodes that begin airing in a couple of weeks are the final episodes of season 1.

2. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Part 2, Season 1.

3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Thank you for the clarification.

4. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Star Wars: Rebels Season 1 Part 2-The Spark sets Alight!

5. Marcus Moore

Marcus Moore Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 16, 2014
    Yeah, if they showed an advanced episode early and then made people wait months to watch it they might lose some viewers.[/quote]

I'm not sure how you guys are coming to this conclusion. SPARK OF REBELLION was screened in July at SDCC and didn't premier until October 3rd. This is a preview screening for a small audience of convention attendees. No different that the S1 preview at SSDC, just a bit earlier.
    TV Shows typically premier the same time every year, and that's what I'd expect unless we hear otherwise.

6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Marcus Moore

Yeah. But the wait time would be a lot longer then the first season if they show the first two episodes in April and then waited five months to show the rest of the season. Season one only had to wait a month and a half to re-air. I mean, TFA comes out in December so they might want to show season two before it comes out. That way each Star Wars show/movie gets the attention it deserves.

7. Marcus Moore

Sep 16, 2014
    TheSilentInfluence

The Second Season isn't premiering in April. It's having a "Preview" at a convention screening for probably 1000 Celebration attendees. That has no bearing on when the show will on air on DisneyXD- since 99% of the regular audience won't be at that convention.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  8. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Hm. Alright.

Anyway; this article by IGN says that's when it's going to premier so I was basing my reply off of that.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/12/13/star-wars-rebels-season-2-will-debut-at-star-wars-celebration

We'll at least were getting an advanced screening for the next season. Or at least the first episode anyway.

Hopefully they let us know when the next season will officially be airing then. Maybe in the summer? It's possible.

9. Marcus Moore

Sep 16, 2014
    Yeah, I think you're confusing a convention preview with the Second Season's premier on TV- besides... Summer is a terrible time to have your show on TV, since kids are outside and on vacation.

If this season plays out like last season, REBELS S2 will be on Xmas hiatus when TFA opens- so there won't be any direct conflict- not that TV shows and movies compete directly anyway.

10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    No, not really. I was just pointing it out. They might start airing the season after that;maybe. But you could be right as well and they could wait until fall to air it again.

Fair enough. That's the one thing that concerned me though. I didn't/don't want them to conflict with each other.

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    At least a couple episodes popping up early would bring some conversion to the board.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

12. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Depending on how the season finishes out and how the first episode of Season 2 at the celebration goes, that could easily provide a good bit of buzz to carry over from April til October. If they set the stage right for what could happen next season that is.

13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I wonder if they'll end season one on a cliffhanger or something. I mean; if there showing the first episode of season two that fast?

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I like cliff hanger endings but it would tick me off to have to wait till Nov for resolution. I think a certain manga I read every month has worn out my patience for cliff hangers, particularly when they deliver only occasionally.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Right; that's understandable.

I just thought I would throw it out there. But I'm sure spoilers from the first episode of season 2 will be around anyway from people who went to see the advanced screening.

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

I don't have the self restraint to avoid spoilers most of the time which is just as well since I also have to fix it when a knucklehead fails with the spoiler tags. But we got ways of dealing with that.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I would love it if we got season 2 in June instead of October.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Me to and who knows they might want to get the season done before TFA so people don't completely forget about it.

19. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    It could mean lower ratings, on actual tv that is. I'd say august and september are good months for ratings.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  20. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I just hope that the upcoming episodes are better than what we've seen so far.

21. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    With every episode improving, I'm sure they will be.

22. feeltheforcee

feeltheforcee Jedi Padawan

Dec 22, 2013
    Heya Thesilentifluence hi All. Yeah I've seen all the episodes so far except 2 I'm saving them for this month as there is no rebels this month its back on the 5th of January.
    Have you guys seen all the rebels episodes yet? and do you all think its better than the clone wars or not yet?

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    As good as early TCW, better than later TCW.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have seen all the episodes and it is as good not better yet.

25. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    you wouldnt be so obisexual when you realize hes been wearing the same clothes for 20 years on tatooine:p