main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit REBELS Season 1 Streaming FREE

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, May 1, 2015.

1. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I think this notice, here in the Lit board, is worthwhile for its own thread to get the attention of those who may most benefit from it who only come here:

In preparation for Season 2, check out every episode of season 1, + Spark of Rebellion, streaming for free at starwars.com through May 4.

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...Every episode but Fighter Flight and Rise of the Old Masters, apparently.

:confused:

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That's... odd. Oversight?

Still, time to go push Rebels on some more people.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

4. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    They're up now. It must have been an error.

5. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

yep

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    "Lord Vader?"
    "Yes, my master?"
    "Kindly go and show those cretins the full measure of my displeasure that they failed to stream that amusing insignificant little show to Albion."
    "Yes, my master."

8. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    What perplexes me with making them available online is that they're not out on DVD yet, and I never got to see them when they came out...

Not that I can watch them on the site anyway due to it being US only (and probably wouldn't even work decently for me anyway, as my internet speed makes streaming video very hit-and-miss).

Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I want the DVD, it has subs - unless they've been cheap gits, in which case going Full Sith will indeed be justified!

Zorrixor likes this.
  10. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Is there even a DVD yet? I checked Amazon.com and I still only see the original Spark of the Rebellion pilot even in the US, but not the rest of the series out yet...

It is available (not for free) to stream on Amazon Prime, but... again, bleh, with my internet speed, unsure if I'm paying for something that may not even stream decently (plus my TV lacks an internet connection, and I'm not interested in watching it in my office...).

I know, I know, I sound like an old guy still wanting everyone to use landlines.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I don't want to give Amazon the cash! It's a free market, there should be more than one consumer option.

It makes no sense now that the series is done, an S2 start date is set, not to issue a DVD set.

Zorrixor likes this.
  12. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I admittedly still can't get my head around why the English edition of the Netflix TCW episodes wasn't released in the UK either (I imported it from Amazon.de -- cheaper than importing it from Amazon.com, albeit the text on the box packaging is German).

Honestly, ever since Sky stopped screening TCW after the second series, it's felt like Sky did something to make them think the UK market isn't interested in this stuff...

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    We'll stream Star Wars to the UK when you guys learn to write dates properly. SW Day is 5/4 not 4/5!

:p

14. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    So does anyone know how long exactly this is going to last?

15. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Yes because Month, Day, Year makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

JackG, Zorrixor, cthugha and 3 others like this.
  16. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Yeah, I generally don't get involved in these silly British-versus-American usage debates, but going up through progressively higher units of time just seems much more intuitive to me.

Zorrixor and Iron_lord like this.
  17. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    In the interest of staying completely off topic, I've really taken to Year-Month-Day as it makes dates sort very cleanly into chronological order.

ATimson and Gorefiend like this.
  18. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    That would make sense too. Month-day-year, though, just seems out of order no matter which direction you're coming from.

19. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014
    Why is this in the literature section?

20. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Because we really don’t want anyone to be forced to enter LACWAC, for it is a dangerous place.;)

21. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Not really, because it's how it's said in conversation. "May fifth", "October first", etc. We're American, saying "The fifth of May" has too many extra syllables. :p

22. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Animation isn't good enough to be considered literature? Pfft. [face_talk_hand]

Revanfan1 and Jedi Ben like this.
  23. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    "This is literature? A two-year-old could have written this!"

[​IMG]

I kid, I kid. I love Rebels. :p

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Minions! Get Revanfan1!

[​IMG]

25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Watched "Breaking Ranks," "Out of Darkness," and "Empire Day"...and then "Gathering Forces" decided it didn't want to play and every episode after that has done the same. [face_sigh]