main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    581 000 is your total viewers so that means that they lost almost half of their audience (around 44%) from the first episode which is terrible for any show.

as for the adults I know that it's not important for a kids show, I just mentioned it in case someone wonders what the 0.1 means.;)

Darth PJ and TheBBP like this.
  2. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    The 44% were probably the diehard fans hoping for a serious Star Wars show.

starocean90 likes this.
  3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I'm a diehard fan and I love the show.

4. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The tone is as serious as ANH and ROTJ. The 3rd episode is supposed to be pretty grim.

I'm not too worried about early ratings. For one, the show is on XD, which most people don't have -- so the ratings always need to be contexualized under that aspect. Also, people like me are watching illegally, so the ratings aren't even necessarily accurate to begin with.

Also, there's the worldwide total -- the premiere actually had 6.5 million viewers.

Finally, the 2nd season has already been approved, so I'm not worried about a quick cancellation.

We'll see though -- it could be all the PT and TCW fans who only like that tone and the OT only fans who don't want any infringement on their era might not support the show. And then you have the Legends zealots who are boycotting the new canon. If so, I'm sure we'll end up with something else, but who knows what might bring the fans together. Most can't agree on a single aesthetic.

Han Drolo, starocean90 and TheBBP like this.
  5. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    how could you not support the show?

TheBBP likes this.
  6. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm not buying XD just to watch one show... plus, how many people watch TV now anyway? That's what the internet is for fool!

7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    you should watch your language.;)

8. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Yeah. I watch the show. Just online like I watch everything.

I believe I do support the show by arguing for what I like about it, and by watching. I will buy the books.

I just hate cable TV.

9. Curjax Rebo

Curjax Rebo Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 28, 2014
    I turned off my cable too...but I bought the SW Rebels season pass on itunes for $30. Apple TV is awesome. That's how I watch TWD as well.

anakinfansince1983 and Dra--- like this.
  10. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014

I have XD, and I still haven't caught up on the show yet. I saw the pilot movie, but none of the regular episodes were on Comcast On Demand last I checked. Does anyone know when the re-runs normally come on?

11. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Comcast Xfinity cable on demand indeed does have the new episodes of the Rebels, you have to go to Kids and either click on star wars rebels or click on Disney XD and then click on Star Wars Rebels. you have to have either Digital Cable or HD cable to either get Disney XD Channel or Disney XD ON-Demand. On Saturday they were showing Fighter Flight on Comcast On-Demand and it did not air on TV till Monday night!!!

TheBBP likes this.
  12. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

You can watch them online at http://watchdisneyxd.go.com/star-wars-rebels. Find your provider and log in.

13. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    that too, I do both in HD Sometimes on watchdisneyxd.com or sometimes on my HD Comcast Cable on-demand .

14. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I didn't realize this was an option. [face_devil]

15. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    I think the ratings of this show are being crushed because of the channel it's on. I liked Droids in Distress a lot, but I can understand how somebody might not be blown away by it. So even if you liked the episode, it is easy to forget that it when it is aired on a channel you usually forget exists.

Thankfully, the show is very quickly improving in quality and the vast majority of people like it anyways. If the show can produce a few more episodes like Rise of the Old Masters I think the good word will spread quickly. It is an undeniably great episode that should especially please the Super Serious SW fans.

Dra--- likes this.
  16. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    I have seven children from 24 to 9 all loved the first episode but thought the quality was a step down from TCW.

Sadly they did not enjoy the last two and even the 9yr old finding it childish

hope the stories get a bit better

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  17. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    When was the last time they showed a corpse on a strictly "kid" tv show? Lmao.

TheBBP and Dra--- like this.
  18. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    [​IMG]

TheBBP likes this.
  19. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    FYI: The Comcast Xfinity App has been getting the Rebels episodes on the Tuesday before they air on XD.

Dra--- and TheBBP like this.
  20. floatlikegas

floatlikegas Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2010
    the show would get more viewers if it stayed on CN(Not happening now that Disney is the overlord)
    Also disney seems to pawn off all its new animated shows on XD to bump up the viewership there which is pointless.

21. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    Isn't XD Disney's channel for the kinda older part of their audience? That's what I thought it was........?

22. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

If by "older" you mean 7-9 year olds, lol. Kidding aside, I think it is meant for very early teens at max.

LunarMoth likes this.
  23. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    What else does Disney have on that channel? Seems like Star Wars would be one of the top draws even if it's not exactly getting huge ratings. Regardless, I could see Disney being less concerned with ratings for this project than the fact that they're planting the seed for new fans. Makes sense that Episode VII will be the thing where they'll expect the numbers, with everything before that mostly an opportunity for marketing. Rebels kind of strikes me as being made from the standpoint that anyone watching in the 18-49 range is merely a nice bonus rather than something they're consciously targeting on even a secondary level.

Dra--- likes this.
  24. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Phineas and Ferb is where it's at tbh. Very underrated cartoon lol.

25. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    Yes. Very funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.