main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Whatever that transpires that has them making the Rebellion greater is very likely to be significant. Stealing the Death Star plans is not the only rebellious gig in the galaxy.

2. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    But Padawans and Younglings are NOT Jedi, as Padme notes in AOTC and Yoda himself notes when he tells Luke he's not a Jedi until he faces Vader again. They are/were part of the Jedi Order, but only Knights and Masters were truly "Jedi". In the eyes of Yoda, both Ahsoka and Kanan are not Jedi, just as Luke was not a Jedi. And there is zero evidence he can sense whether either Kanan or Ahsoka are alive or dead. Perhaps if he concentrated on them while meditating, he might have had a sense of them, but nowhere is that ever mentioned in the OT.

All we know for sure is that Yoda tells Luke he'll be the last of the Jedi, but as has already been explained, it's only important for Luke to believe that so he can't pass the buck. Even the audience doesn't need to believe it; they just need to believe he's the best guy for the job. Being the child of the Chosen One makes him that, so mission accomplished.

Furthermore, while Palpatine may consider any Jedi a threat, the fact is only the Skywalkers (Anakin included), Yoda, and Obi-Wan were really threats after ROTS. Ezra and Kanan might create a minor ripple in the Force; other Jedi or Jedi-to-be might do the same. All would be extremely minor compared to what Luke truly beginning his training would be. Sooooo... others would be pretty safe, unless maybe they turned their efforts against the Empire and flaunted their powers all the time. Even Kanan isn't really doing that; he's still acting mostly like a non-Jedi.

Edit: regarding the Specters' significance, they don't need to be too significant to the Rebellion; let's not have a repeat of Galen Marek here.

3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  4. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014

There is a preview of the January 5 Episode Path of the Jedi! towards the end.:)

Cevan and Force Smuggler like this.
  5. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    why is Rebels taking a Hiatus till January ?

6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Like all shows, Holiday season.;)

7. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    not all shows do that, the Simpsons Don't, I mean they wont be on this week end but the Simpsons are going to have a few episodes in December I am sure. as a matter of fact,

I won't be Home for Christmas - December 7, 2014
    • Synopsis: After Moe convinces Homer to stay out drinking on Christmas Eve, Marge tells Homer not to come home. This leads to Homer's sad trek through lonely Springfield, where he learns that the only place where one should truly get drunk on Christmas is home. (The Futon Critic)
    • Written by Al Jean. (Al Jean Twitter)
    • I still love the Simpsons I think what throws some people off on the quality of the show is the modern looking HD Animation. Sorry for being off topic back to the star wars discussion.....

8. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    "And it's right here on Lothal."

"....because the show's budget couldn't afford a new location"

Cevan and Toonimator like this.
  9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    obviously not all shows take all Dec some do some don't, but rarely does any show air every week in Dec, so it's Holiday break.;)

10. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    JediKnightWax Yea I love the Rebels show but why not go to like, a lot more star systems and locales?

11. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    They have to build their library.

12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Lothal should have been like Tatooine in IV, the starting point and once the Ghost got Ezra into their crew they should left for good, though they could still return from time to time.:p

13. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I don't think I've had time to stop by this thread and say how great Gathering Forces was. That part where Ezra goes
    dark and calls up the huge monster
    -- wow.

So I haven't read the past few pages, but I guess people got upset about the Yoda isn't an all-knowing God debate? It will be easy to prove my point. Obviously Yoda never says he can sense all Jedi in the films, but if that's not enough for the true believers, then all I need to do is find one counterexample that shows Yoda can't contact another Jedi. I'll plan on rewatching TCW soon to this end. I imagine the one Plo Koon arc might have what I'm looking for.

But of course there's already the Geonosis scene I've mentioned. Kenobi goes missing and Yoda can't contact him. Maybe Dooku is interfering? A convenient excuse, but possible.

To me the greatest evidence is that Yoda never says: a long time have I been watching all Jedi and Force sensitives. Instead he only says he's been watching Luke. What's going on here is that Yoda simply focused on Luke and Leia after ROTS. For whatever reason, he gave up and waited for them. Perhaps sensing that they were the key.

Certainly Yoda should be in contact with Kanan in Rebels, but he's not. Why not? My theory explains this quite well -- Yoda doesn't know about Kanan, or can't contact him and communicate via the Force. The other theory, that Yoda is all-knowing, has a major problem here.

In fact, this may be enough counterexample right here. If Yoda is not in contact with Kanan, that suggests he can't sense him or contact him or locate him. Hence, Yoda is not able to easily communicate with all Jedi. End argument.

14. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

The story a fake - it claims that bounty hunters are by the Alliance to steal the Death Star plans.

Really? Fett, Bossk and company as rogue con men, not killers?

The opening crawl specifically says it is a group of Rebels that steal the plans and implies a space battle.

It sounds to me like someone was combining elements with the often speculation final mission for the Ghost crew with the ever favorite bounty hunter element.

15. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Besides the fact that the article does it's own job of telling the reader that they had absolutely no confirmation on the story, the article also never attempts to name bounty hunters. They provided an image for reference. The crawl also says "Rebel Spies". Technically, if they are mercs dealing in proxy for the Rebels, then they are in-turn Rebels. They could also turn out like Han and end up not taking the money and adopting the cause.

That is, of course, if that rumor is any kind of valid.

Dra---, starocean90 and Hoggsquattle like this.
  16. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I think the real interesting bit may be around who it is who makes the DS plans available...

TheBBP likes this.
  17. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Or it could be that Yoda could not concentrate on Kanan and Ezra because they are a retcon.

Dra--- likes this.
  18. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Are you guys forgetting what Yoda said?

"Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future. The past. Any Jedi who may or may not exist at this point in time. Or maybe they weren't supposed to but that got changed somewhere along the way. See them all I can, but matter not do they anyway."

Couldn't be more clear.

Dra--- and TheBBP like this.
  19. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    And yet in all of the years that TCW were raging, he somehow couldn't tell that the Dark Lord of the Sith whom they were all looking for was sitting like three feet from him in the SAME ROOM!! He didn't even believe that Dooku was behind the attempt on Padme's life at the beginning of AOTC. He couldn't tell exactly what Han and Leia's ultimate fates would be in ESB, etc. So no, he's not an all-seeing all-knowing god. He can miss stuff from time to time.

20. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    also you have to remember the Sith were clouding the Force for decades up to and during the Clone Wars, limiting their ability to look into the future etc.

JediMatteus likes this.
  21. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  22. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

WOOOOOT! Though this seems like a no-brainer for speculation. I also expect to see a new MMO developed for their shiny new universe as well.

starocean90 likes this.
  23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I wonder if it would be (if true)
    1) Luke Han Leia between VI and VII
    2) VII-IX Main characters of the movies
    3)New character during VII-IX.

TheBBP likes this.
  24. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

I do hope for new characters. Adventures off of the beaten (Movies) path.

starocean90 likes this.
  25. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I prefer movie characters (either Big 3 or New 3), to get more adventures and character development than just 3 movies.:)

Force Smuggler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.