main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005

[​IMG]

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    another new vid. awesome.

Dra--- and TheBBP like this.
  3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    don't forget this one;)

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The Inquistor's lightsaber... :rolleyes:

I go back and forth on Rebels. When we first heard about it (when I was still modding in the SWTV forum), I was pretty excited about it and expected to like it better than TCW. But as we've seen more videos, character intros, etc., I'm just not sure about it anymore. Visually it looks to be not as good as TCW, and story wise it could be too light (maybe too many eye-roll inducing jokes or attempts to pander to kids)... with less of the balance between light and dark that TCW had. And I say that as someone who also had mixed feelings about TCW; it could be great at times, and really bad at others. But I do think that Rebels has a better chance at being more consistent in flow and story, and maybe more fun overall.

H-BOMB and starocean90 like this.
  5. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Spoiler Free Review of First Episode
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/07/25/sdcc-2014-thoughts-on-the-first-episode-of-star-wars-rebels

Immortiss, Dra---, TheBBP and 2 others like this.
  6. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    EHT, Visitant and Dra--- like this.
  7. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Great review from IGN.

I've really enjoyed all the latest trailers -- especially the saber fight. Why? It actually has emotion in it. You can feel Kanan's fear for Ezra when he squares off with the Inquisitor alone. You know Kanan is immediately thinking of all the Jedi who have died and his grief for them and need that Ezra will not fall while in his charge.

Can't wait to watch the show. I actually expect it to be much better than TCW. I like the smoother, simpler animation (never a fan of all the blockiness of TCW), but more importantly, I like what I see of the characters and their relationships with each other. Seeing that they care for each other while putting their lives on the line for freedom is very moving.

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

I think so as well. Kanan and Ezra might both fight the Inquisitor and all three die during the battle, or Ezra chooses to quit after Kanan and the Inquisitor die, thus leaving Luke as the last one. The Ghost crew being involved, yeah, that is very likely.

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  9. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I like that, but maybe Ezra dies and Kanan quits, broken by (what he sees as) his failure...another example of how hard it is to train Jedi.

10. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    True, but it would be more powerful for a Padawan who hasn't been raised in the Jedi Arts from birth like Kanan, to give up being a Jedi right before Luke's presence is known.

11. hippie1kenobi

Apr 28, 2002
    Ah, good point

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I think of it like "Dark Lord: The Rise Of Darth Vader", where Roan Shryne fights Vader on Kashyyyk after he had decided to stop running away from his destiny and even though he knows that he cannot win, he fights to the bitter end. Afterwards, Olee Starstone chooses to stop being a Jedi and go into hiding because all their efforts to find Jedi survivors have failed. They're either dead, or missing. So I could see something similar here with the conclusion of "Rebels".

13. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    some also turn and give the empire info.

14. hippie1kenobi

Apr 28, 2002
    I get a little tired of the gimmicky weapons/sabers. When it starts spinning, that is just silly IMO. We better not see light whips or other such nonesense.

TK327, Abadacus, EHT and 2 others like this.
  15. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I actually like the idea of a light whip. That's what Lumiya used. [face_devil]

I think the Inquisitor's special weapon is cool too -- because it suggests he's not as powerful as Vader and Palp if he needs such a Grievous-like weapon.

thejeditraitor and starocean90 like this.
  16. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    So far my only complaint is the slingshot. If I was still 10 it would be cool, but I'm in my 30's so no. But it's there for the kids so I can deal with it. And I guess I really can't complain since I'm a grown man planning on watching a cartoon.:p

17. hippie1kenobi

Apr 28, 2002
    And really, along with a slight concern that Ezra will basically be Luke Skywalker: Beta Release, I am looking forward to Rebels. This time frame in general and the Alliance itself have always been among my favorite aspects of SW.

18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    well the good news, is that at least his personality is the complete opposite of Luke.

19. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Let's remember that Star Wars is more fantasy than sci-fi, so what's wrong with seemingly impossible weapons -- you know, like a lightsaber? ;)

I dig the slingshot. Even more so for it's apparent impossibility.

Anyway, I'm sure many of you recall the rumor that a Rebels character will somehow appear in Episode 7? Well, Simon Kinberg and Dave Filoni -- in an excellent interview -- don't deny it. In fact, they get excited and say they can't talk about E7 at all. This suggest to me that there is in fact a Rebels character who will appear in E7. If there wasn't, they would have no issue denying it.

But is it a main character or not? Hm...

Force Smuggler and Iron_lord like this.
  20. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    The animation, character design, story ... of 'Rebels' don't please me so far. Somehow I feel these people really go out of their way to make the series unappealing to me. For me, the only good thing about it is that I feel better about Ep. VII each time I see new 'Rebels' footage.

21. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    exactly. it's why i can't find much to complain about in the tcw or the new rebels footage. it's basically the kid's show i would have killed for 25 years ago. i'm an adult and i still like it. i don't particularly need to dissect it.

Rabs and Dra--- like this.
  22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Why does everything have to be deep and complex? Give us a simple adventure story!

23. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Indeed. Strong enough to be useful, but not enough to be a Sith. Shows that Palpatine learned his lesson after what happened with Ventress.

TtheForceHurts likes this.
  24. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    The problem with Ventress is that Dooku didn't personally dispose of her himself, but that would have been logical and not good for a story arc with her trying to get revenge.

25. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Speaking of Ventress...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.