main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The Force is inside it!

2. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Are you tell me the fruit has been infected with midichlorians? Gosh, I hope it's not contagious.

3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

It was cut a bit short...

There was also a cool preview at the Disney XD sites but is only for cable subscribers. It featured the team prepping to rescue some Wookiee slaves. What I am liking about this stuff is that it appears that we are getting a more personal look into the Empire. We are getting more up close and personal with it.

jedinightwing and Han Drolo like this.
  4. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    That scene looked a bit ripped off Independence Day.

5. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014

Yea, the last two shorts were inspired by famous movie scenes, first A New Hope, then Raiders Of the lost arc.

They're written by various people working on the production of the series, these scenarios wont have any barring on the overall plot of the show though.

Basically one shots in manga terms.

6. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Zare Leonis is the main character of a new Rebels kid´s book.

[​IMG]

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/08/new-summaries-for-two-star-wars-rebels-books/

I would not be surprised if he ends up being Boyegas father. Specially when you think about the rumor about one Rebels character´s kid being part of Episode VII.

DanielUK likes this.
  7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    That is quite possible.

Honestly thought it could be Boyegas character, but the 40 year gap between Rebels and EpVII makes it highly unlikely.

8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    All these previews, I feel like I've seen half the premiere already.

Ryus, Jcuk and Darth_Bertie like this.
  9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, very surprised by that.
    I can pretty much piece together the first episode.

Ryus likes this.
  10. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, don't really know if it was necessary to show that much. And I'm saying that in a spoiler forum :p

11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Disney might be fearful of fans reaction and are probably doing this to say "see, we're not going to ruin Star Wars"

JediMatteus, Ryus and The Hellhammer like this.
  12. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    That makes quite a bit of sense. Although, the segments we've seen so far have been somewhat varying in quality and tone, which is not a bad thing as such. It will take a while for them to find their own vibe, of course.

Ryus likes this.
  13. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    All this official pre insight into Rebels says one thing. Disney really aren't too fussed about it. If it's popular? Cool. If not? Whatever..

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    That's quite possible; Disney seem to be focused on ST. Suspect the real key animation series for them is post-RoTJ

15. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    My thoughts too... From a business's perspective, I think this is just about keeping the brand going in the run up to Ep VII. If Filoni and crew actually manage to get something worth while out, then all credit to them... but I certainly don't think that this will have the same love and support from Lucasfilm/Disney execs that TCWC did under Lucas.

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I think Rebels will get 5 seasons until they jump towards post-RoTJ to build up the backgrounds of ST characters. Live-action is probably what Disney want more than an animation series

JediMatteus, Ryus and The Hellhammer like this.
  17. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Wow a black character. John Boyega's character MUST be related to him...

18. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    Just finished watching the new short. I liked it.

The more I see of Ezra , the more I think THIS is how Anakin should of been portrayed as a kid in TPM, street rat, doing questionable things to survive only to run into people who sense a grander destiny is in store for him. It'd be a nice contrast to Luke , who was portrayed as the starry eyed innocence who was always looking towards the sky.

Instead we got a proper Mary Sue in child Anakin, he seemed to go from country bumpkin golden boy to homicidal maniac by the second film. At least if he was portrayed with a moral grey from the jump we'd kinda understand where all of that darkness comes from , but by AOTC it's just there, even before his Mother is killed they were portraying teenage Anakin with an edge, which evolved into whiney emo angst by the third film leading right into becoming Vadar.

19. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Agree. I also quite like this kid and the way his innate force sensitivity is being handled in the clips so far.

Han Drolo likes this.
  20. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I can't see this series lasting the same length as TCW. I think more ideas will tumble out of the ST and they will want to jump forward in their spin offs. I think Disney will have bigger fish to fry and their priority will be in the movies.

In fact I wonder if the purpose of Rebels is just to introduce potential characters or background that may appear in the ST?

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    A little piece of me just died

my kind of scum likes this.
  22. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    I think the only reason to portray Anakin as a child in TPM was to show how innocent he was. He was a good man who ultimately made the wrong choices and did bad things. Putting 'greyness' into his character, as a child, makes showing him as a child moot (IMHO). Personally, I would have had Anakin be the age he was in AOTC in TPM... and have him already a conflicted young adult... I don't think showing Anakin as an 'innocent' child ultimately added anything to the narrative (albeit it reenforced the view that his 'evil' side was nurtured and not by nature), but I think showing Anakin as a naughty 'street rat' would negate showing him as a child altogether... if you know what I mean.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  23. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    You must of loved their portrayal of young Anakin then, bravo.

Satipo likes this.
  24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Actually, I didn't mind it.

25. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    Yay for differing opinion.

Btw , just because I think Anakin should've been more like Ezra, doesn't mean I think he should've had a orange jumpsuit and a slingshot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.