main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Exactly. A Force-user could easily flip the switch in time.
    Obi-Wan still didn't object when Luke ignored that throughout ANH and ESB.
    ROTJ doesn't change the fact that ANH and ESB happened.

Darth_Pevra and TheBBP like this.
  2. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

I never cared for Ahsoka, but I have come to appreciate her (at least somewhat in the grand scheme of Star Wars) since she is one of the many reasons Anakin grew closer to the Dark Side and slowly turned his back on the Jedi Order. Seeing Vader kill her would be a pretty great end to her character. I think it'd be very interesting though to see him hesitate at first, perhaps even letting her escape once, only for Palpatine to force him to kill her to prove his allegiance to him (similar to forcing Dooku to kill Sifo-Dyas to prove his allegiance).

3. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Damn. I would've loved that. Cutting Ahsoka down would've been so emotional and really shown how far Vader had fallen.

Rabs likes this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  5. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Star Wars Rebels New York Comic Con 2014
    http://makingstarwars.net/2014/09/star-wars-panels-at-new-york-comic-con-2014/
    Empire Stage 1-E at 5:45pm on Saturday, October 11
    The Rebellion has begun! With the premiere of Star Wars Rebels on Disney Channel last week and new episodes about to launch on Disney XD, a previously unexplored era in theStar Wars universe has finally been opened to reveal the beginnings of the Rebel Alliance against the Empire. While you’ve met the crew of the Ghost, there are hints that hero Ezra Bridger will soon be entering the larger world of the Force. Additionally, the crew–and Jedi Kanan in particular–has drawn the attention of the Inquisitor, who’s been charged by the Empire to hunt down any Jedi Knights who escaped Order 66. Explore these topics and get a behind-the-scenes peek at the voice recording sessions of Star Wars Rebelswhen you join series Star Vanessa Marshall (“Hera”) and Lucasfilm’s Pablo Hidalgo for an exclusive preview of what’s to come in the first season of the series from Lucasfilm Animation.

6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Han Drolo and TheBBP like this.
  7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Very cool.

Dra--- likes this.
  9. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
  10. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I didn't really think I'd ever say this about anything Star Wars... but this show has way too many trailers :p

11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The product best meet the hype.

So far, the show looks good - including all the things I've been reading about it, too. The most interesting thing I've discovered, from reading the Visual Guide, is Ezra has the potential to be a very powerful Jedi. This no doubt will be controversial, especially if he survives the show.

Obviously, Rebels means a lot to Disney and this is their first product for the new canon; I just hope this will not be like the PT where we, the fans, begin to pick holes and spot numerous continuity problems from the start.

Han Drolo, Abadacus and Iron_lord like this.
  12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    A Lightsaber will have a basic setting in place. But the actions of said Jedi can determine what is done with their weapon. They can choose and move fast enough to disarm, without killing their opponent. Just as they can with killing them. Han has to think whether or not he should kill Greedo, or just simply stun him. Then he has to switch the settings to pull that off. Time in which Greedo could kill him.

Luke wasn't a fully trained Jedi, in those two films. Once he was strong enough, he abandoned the blaster. That's why after the rough drafts, Lucas and Kasdan changed the story so that Luke builds a new Lightsaber and never carries as blaster, from Luke is unarmed except for a blaster that he swipes from one of Jabba's guards and steals his father's saber to fight him with.

13. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

And what I am seeing in these Trailers is not good. For the most part the animation looks good; but I don't like how the Stormtroopers look physically out of proportion, and are portrayed as morons. And members of the main group like Ezra and his sling shot, Sabine("It's all about the colors"), and Zeb are annoying as hell. The idea that Episode VII may be beholden to this new series, as much as the other Saga movies EPs I-VI, makes me sick. I hope I have have gotten the wrong impression about REBELS from these Trailers, and that I am wrong, but I have a bad feeling about this. I hope other people enjoy it.

14. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Well, I actually like what I've seen thus far.

But will reserve full judgement after the premiere.

Dra--- and Han Drolo like this.
  15. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    At least Rebels has an overall cartoonish look/feel to it, so the action and story elements match the visual style. My issue with TCW is the darker, cinematic look juxtaposed with cartoony action sequences...it just does't work for me. Just my opinion, obviously, I know many people love it.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So just heard that A New Dawn is off to a slow start on the New York Times Bestseller List.

17. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I'm still surprised they didn't launch the Disney era of books with something that felt more like an "event." I could see a a decent amount of fans dismissing A New Dawn as just a cartoon tie-in rather than the true start of the new era.

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    How dare it look like a cartoon. As to morons, they got their asses handed to them by Ewoks! One even smacks his head on a door, for ***** sake!

Yeah, because Luke wasn't a whiny bitch. Threepio wasn't a git. And Jar Jar Binks....

Immortiss, Dra--- and Han Drolo like this.
  19. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    I still couldn't be more excited to take in what Rebels gives us. It being canon gives it SO much more weight.

Dra---, Han Drolo and The Hellhammer like this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    For you maybe but for others? 127th out of 150? Ouch. Could be worse of course but might improve later on. Should probably wait until Tarkin and the other books to come out to get a clearer picture. It's all SW. That's all the weight it needs.

21. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

What are you talking about?

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Which part?

23. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

The part that I quoted lol. What could be worse?

24. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I know it is a cartoon Sherlock; that isn't the problem I have with it. Sorry, but the Stormtroopers were not any where near that stupid in the OT. And I will put Luke over that punk Ezra, and Rainbow Bright Sabine any time. [face_laugh]

25. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    "We want something different in Star Wars!"

*Something different presented*

"Why isn't this more like what I'm used to?"

This fandom in a nutshell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.