main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Um, OK. I'm not going to be drawn into some online psychoanalysis game based on my enjoyment of the best episode in TCW, nor am I going to change my opinion of that episode so that anyone on the Internet will think I have great morals or something.

And I've always hated TV Tropes.

So...next discussion point regarding Rebels, TCW, and the ST?

Darth PJ and mratm23 like this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's a good episode - however, just because seeing gits get disproportionate retribution meted out against them can be satisfying - doesn't mean that the retribution wasn't disproportionate in the first place.

It's certainly in character for Ventress at that point though.
    That Ventress might be "high profile" enough from TCW (she gets arcs to herself, like the Nightsisters arc) to make it into Rebels?

That might, however, depend on the new book. But I could see them doing it.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Maybe, but I expect Rebels to be much more self contained then TCW was... We're focusing on one ship, the Ghost, and it's crew.

Krueger likes this.
  4. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It might have arcs focused not on the eponymous Rebels, but on the Inquisitor and his own enemies, rivals, allies, etc.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I hope that if Ventress appears, she is well characterized. I won't get into my concerns about that book here, they're in the Lit thread on the subject.

I think Rebels being more self-contained will be a good thing, and as such any TCW characters, Ventress included, should not be the focus of an entire arc.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    How about as "cameos"? We see a bunch of bounty hunters - but instead of Bossk and Dengar that stand out, it's Ventress and Sugi - not as major characters, but just as "nods".

7. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Me and a few others have already been discussing this in the TCW thread in Star Wars TV, however I figured I'd post it here as well.

According to Jedi News, something REALLY cool for TCW fans will be up on the official Star Wars website sometime this week.

What makes this credible though is that Stephen Stanton (a voice actor on TCW; he voiced several characters, including Tarkin and Mas Amedda) tweeted about it as well.

Now it could just be something like the announcement of season 6 on Blu-Ray, or a complete series box set with season 6 included, however there's a chance it's something more.

Satipo, TheBBP and Krueger like this.
  8. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    You state that as if it's a positive natural progression of anything that comes under the Disney umbrella? I'm not sure they should move to so quickly make it look like a Disney product.

Darth Lurker likes this.
  9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Be the complete box set, probably.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That's my guess, the complete TCW series boxset on Blu-ray and DVD. Season 6 has been on Netflix for long enough now, and the timing for releasing it soon would also be good because Rebels is starting pretty soon.

11. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    starocean90 and Rabs like this.
  12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Seriously. Disney best not screw this up.

13. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    Maybe it'll be an announcement that the first stand alone film will be a clone wars era movie.:D Who will play Ahsoka:p

14. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Darth_Harmon posted this in the TCW thread in Star Wars TV, but I'll post it here as well.

Apparently Rebel Force Radio visited Filoni a few weeks ago, and were allowed to see some currently unreleased things (like the latest Rebels trailer before it came out) and some stuff they're not able to talk about right now.

https://facebook.com/RebelForceRadi...3040044072735/785987574777979/?type=1&theater

They posted this on their Facebook account a couple days ago, the same week that Jedi News posted about a big TCW announcement this week. Some people (myself included) are speculating that the big TCW content released may actually be the unfinished bounty hunters arc featuring Cad Bane and Boba Fett.

Darth PJ likes this.
  15. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Ooh that would be good... :)

16. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if that might be close to the mark. New TCW would be fantastic (although we could do with getting the Lost Missions in the UK).

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I hope we get the final arcs.

18. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    This level of anticipation can only mean that it will be something mundane.

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  19. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  20. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    starocean90 likes this.
  21. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    So, the hour-long prologue is on Disney channel proper this Friday, but the show itself is on Disney XD Oct 13?

I don't even know what Disney XD is, or if I have it...

22. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    If you have the Disney channels you should have XD by default (I think)

23. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

I'm pretty sure I have "the Disney Channel", but I have basic cable (not a DVR or Digital or anything like that), so my odds of having an offshoot is slim.

Edit: According to my Channel listing, I have:

"Disney Channel"

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Like I said before, I think this will just be a full series boxset release. I really don't see them releasing any more completed TCW episodes after the Season 6 "Lost Missions" they already released, even on Netflix. I think they're simply done with TCW and on to Rebels.

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, if Lucas was still in charge then maybe.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.