main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels to Re-Air to feature Vader Scene

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by phatdude1138, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

A hologram. I knew they wouldn't actually have him appear fully, but I had guessed that he would be standing in shadows or the camera would be behind him. :)

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Too early to have him in the flesh.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  3. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm not a huge fan of the McQuarrie Vader either, but you have to remember that this is a stylization. C-3PO and Obi-wan also look different. Mainly because they're animated figures.

4. Lordtyrannusaurus

Lordtyrannusaurus Jedi Padawan

Oct 16, 2013
    At the risk of offending every Star Wars fan in history, I'm not a fan of incorporating so much McQuarrie artwork into this (or any) show. I think his paintings are amazing and I realize they were vital to getting the films made. However, his artwork was then modified to fit George's vision of what the characters, ships, and planets should look like. There was a lot of stuff in his paintings that George didn't care for and modified into the iconic characters we know and love today. So, to throw McQuarrie concepts, unrefined, into a show so heavily is uncreative and is akin to putting rejected material into a show simply for the sake of "staying true to the spirit of the original trilogy".

KINGKONG83 and Darth_Pevra like this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Ratings grab to get fans but also 7 PM is usually a lot of filler as NFL afternoon games tend to run into that hour, so ABC is plugging a hole really to be like "hey, look! We have Star Wars" and throwing in the Vader bone to get people who have already seen it.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    When does it come out.

7. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
  8. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    The promo for the added clip has been uploaded!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    The lighting reflecting off his armor is insanely good, Clone Wars had nothing like that ever.

10. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Maybe, but they had better animation overall though.

11. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Let's hope TCW vs Rebels never becomes another PT vs OT ;)

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    It's already started...

13. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Which is dumb because they seem to be VERY different kinds of shows trying to do VERY different kinds of things. As for Vader, this is pretty much how I would have wanted him to show up. A quick cameo talking to The Inquisitor just to establish that he's around, but he doesn't actually intrude on the narrative. The fact that they're clearly homaging the hologram-Palpatine scene from ESB is a nice touch. Then at some point in the future, he can physically appear and have a "oh crap" moment (perhaps he kills off a major character with great ease or something like that).

Trebor Sabreon, V-2 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    If the Lothal rebels went up against Vader, everybody will be dead and the show will be finished.

15. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

The Clone Wars had better art assets (Lighting, environment modelling, etc) however better animation? Not really. Stuff like walk cycles are about the same, and the facial rigs in Rebels are far more expressive, allowing animators a freedom the art style in TCW just didn't.

Kentoa likes this.
  16. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    Actually Rebels visual lighting in general beaten Clone Wars by a mile. This comes to mind
    [​IMG][​IMG]

BUT Clone Wars had a bit more of a grittier and more detailed look to it, and yeah environments were superior. So I do agree there.

And about Vader. I like how they have his eyes tinted red like they were in a New Hope, a lot of versions of Vader forget that little detail, cause usually the appear black in most things.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    This is more likely to give insight into the Inquisitor, than Vader.

18. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    I agree. One question I hope is answered in this scene is if the Inquisitor is really a pawn of Vader or if he's a rival of Vader who is trying to gain favor with Palpatine.

jcgoble3 and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  19. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised of Vader was supposed to be in it to begin with but time/money prevented the scene from being ready for broadcast. IMO SoR looked rushed, there's a wide variety of quality across the 40odd minutes.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If Vader calls the Inquisitor "My apprentice" that would be a badass "what what whaaaat?" moment.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    No, it's borrowed from the EU - Vader was the head of the Inquisitors (or Inquisitorious, as the organisation was called); I think the main speculation is whether or not the Inquisitor is refereed to as either:

• Grand Inquisitor
    Or

• Sith Inquisitor

22. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    We are getting this version in the UK now too, Monday 27th on Sky1/Sky1HD channel.

23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    What time?

24. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    I can't remember but it's early evening again I think. I'll edit this post when I find out.

EDIT
    4:30pm
    http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=19005

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Coolios

That new image of Vader looks brilliant.