main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels to Re-Air to feature Vader Scene

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by phatdude1138, Oct 6, 2014.

1. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I just watched the extra scene on youtube (from some guy filming it on his tinny shaky phone) and while it's great to have JEJ return to the role, his scripted dialogue was rather clunky and awkward. It should have been more terse, IMO.

2. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Did that guy filming it on his tiny shaky phone happen to be me? :p

3. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001

Good to be able to see it. Looking fwd to a HD version though.

4. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Oh geez my recording is making the rounds on every site. Was I seriously the only person who recorded this thing?

5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I guess so.

It's not that bad of a version.

Cevan likes this.
  6. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    Hopefully you haven't angered the Mouse. You wouldn't like the Mouse when he's angry.[face_nail_biting]

Cevan likes this.
  7. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah I considered that this might make ol' Mick a little upset. I put in the description that Disney and Lucasfilm own this clip and I don't claim to have any ownership of it just to be on the safe side, but it's possible they'll still take it down later.

Dra--- and ifleninwasawizard like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Your famous :p

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Everone has seen it so it is a little late.

10. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    If anyone recalls there was a leak earlier in the year, or late last year about 5 Vader shorts that would air on Disney. Most people speculated it was TV bumpers or maybe 5 animated shorts.

My guess is its strategic appearances on Rebels meant to boost ratings. I suspect we see him again mid season to check on the Inquisitors progress and then again in the season finale.

Yancy

Dra--- likes this.
  11. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    That was the most sellout thing i've seen in a while...and I currently work equities:p

12. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    So this scene was basically... exactly what I thought it was gonna be.

13. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    It was always going to be Vader giving the Inquisitor some orders. Doing a song & dance number was unlikely.

14. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Even if it was only for a minute, it was so great hearing JEJ voicing Vader again. It has been far too long, and I'm not counting on the lame ROTS dialogue he had.

I want Vader to stay away from the show for a while until the crew of the Ghost established themselves as a credible threat but damn, I want him around in every episode now.

15. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    To fans in Ireland and the UK - this version will be on Sky One today (27th of October) at 16:30 :D

16. Padme's Love Slave

Padme's Love Slave Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 16, 2013

You're thinking of the "Darth Vader Themed TV Specials" which had no actual number of them given. However, they were actually listed as coming in Spring/Summer 2014 while the premier of Rebels was listed as coming in Autum/Winter 2014 (which it did). So I'm not sure how that lines up or even what became of those specials!

17. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Are we surprised? We shouldn't be. Filoni pretty much told us it would turn out like this.

Rebels have given us an explanation, though, of why Ezra will probably survive and not effect Luke's "Last of the Jedi" badge.

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Not sure why folks have a hard time accepting that there can be undercover non-Jedi Force sensitives that are laying low and avoiding Vader and the Inquisitor. I could see Kanan getting caught eventually but Ezra could easily keep his talents hidden, as could Ahsoka and Ventress.

19. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    And now I see that io9 has posted your video! http://io9.com/see-darth-vader-make-his-debut-on-star-wars-rebels-1651210242

20. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Is The Inquisitor the only one in the Empire, or will we see more Inquisitors like the Legends? The scene last night indicated they kept that aspect of the "Legends" Inquisitors' tasks.

21. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    If I recall rightly from the Visual Guide the Inquisitor is supposed to be in his forties so he would have been around Kanan's age now when the Empire took charge (okay he was probably a couple of years younger give or take:oops:).

So either he was raised in the Emperor's service like Maul or was some kind of apprentice or Force User in his own right before he entered the Emperor's service.

I'd say they will either explain his background perhaps Dooku had a hand in his recruitment making it clearly separate from the TCW arc being mentioned in the previous messages.

And yes if by Yoda's line about Luke being the last of the Jedi he meant he was the last trained by a Jedi Master then I agree:)

22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I do, too. In-universe. I have no doubt i my mind that the new threat foreseen by Darth Sidious was in relation to Luke and Leia, and that it indirectly involves Ezra, and Kanan (and any beings like them). And that's why I was saying that IU, it's a terrific scene. I love it.

But OOU, (to me) it's concurrently also like a big message to the audience that 'this is the Ezra show.'

You know what I mean? Maybe I'm not putting it right.

23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm not sure if it was in reference to Luke and Leia, just believe it's about children born with strong connections to the Force.

24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Certainly! I think you're right. I don't think the Emperor's perception was limited to Luke and Leia, alone.

But I think melkor834 is also right.

I figure that if Sheev's powers of foresight are what I think they are (in other words, while not infallible, still absolutely very, very powerful), and if the natural Force powers which reside in Luke and Leia are what we know they wound up being, then a big part of Palpatine's foreseeing the 'children of the Force' as a threat very likely has 'Skywalker' written all over it.

As you say, "children born with strong connection to the Force." :)

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Steve (new rule: Sheev is now Steve) probably saw more threats, not just Luke and Leia.