main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebels Vs Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by generalfishface, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. generalfishface

generalfishface Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2014
    does anyone else think rebels is down right better clone wars
    unlike clone wars (in the style of a thousand shorts jumping around in time and space) rebels actually has a story and builds as it goes on. maybe clone wars would be better if they decided to show everything in chronological order rather than jumping back to old short stories in the seasons and adding beginnings like what was done with the movies.

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Welcome to the boards. :)

Hmm. The Clone Wars took place is a galactic war though. And Rebels is sort of doing the same but only with a small group of people who are sticking to the Empire.

....I thought the Clone Wars did show everything in chronological order?

3. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    Begun, the Rebels vs The Clone Wars debate has.

4. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Ehehehehehe.

....Don't judge me for trying to do Yoda's laugh. P

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Maybe this debate will be better after Rebels has a few seasons under its belt instead of a few episodes.

Grievousdude likes this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Can't judge Rebels since I haven't watched it yet but TCW was great.

7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Ah, so the Rebels v TCW wars have begun!

8. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    At this point no it isn't. You may prefer a more serialized show, but I don't really have a preference for or against serialization. So far the style is bleh in my opinion, doesn't really set itself apart all that much. The stories are mostly shallow, and where they aren't they aren't done well (excluding Rise of the Old Master). The action isn't as interesting (again excluding Rise of the Old Masters). Some of these things are already improving, but overall it still has a ways to go before it is on par with TCW.

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm sure that Rebels will be as great as the Clone Wars in time. But it needs said time to learn how to stand on it's own two feet. ROTOM was an amazing episode. And I feel like they are going to get better and better. The newest one, Breaking Ranks; reminded me of Clone Cadets.

But I'm waiting until the first season is over before I make any final conclusions on the show, even though I love it already.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This thread will end in a lot of made people. Anyway I prefer the clone wars for now because rebels is only using the OT to hold it up so I can't wait tell it becomes its own thing.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Actually it began here.

And I'm laughing my ass off right now at the thread title because I predicted back in June that there would be a lot of these arguments.

I'll just say I love Rebels, I loved seasons 1 and 2 and parts of seasons 3 and 4 of TCW, and let's let the mods enjoy Halloween.

As opposed to making Akash avada-kedavra this thread just before Todd the Zombie eats our brains.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    And ending it, I am, with a swift double-lightsaber chop to the head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.