main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebelscum Move - News Update - Move Has Finished!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by LAJ_FETT , Jul 1, 2011.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note for those who also visit our sister site Rebelscum - they are also moving and members should verify their email address on that site. See this thread posted by Philip Wise.

Chances are their move will happen sooner than ours as they have been having security issues, and they have less stuff to move than us.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Graham from rebelscum has posted an update on their move:

8/31 Update
    We decided to do one more pass then we'll probably open the forums up as a demo so you guys can help find any problems. Won't be long now...

You can keep up with their news here.

And if you are a registered user and you haven't verified your email address there, now is the time..

3. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    oh, thank god their pizza has finally been delivered.

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Ah pizza. Such a rich sauce of humour.

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks, Laj, for keeping everyone up to date! [:D]

6. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Well. The site is redirecting for me.

Really not necessary Julies.

<3

7. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Nobody has declared pizza yet? Can I do it?

8. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I would really appreciate it if someone could lol @ my post.

Thx.

9. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I'd really rather not.

10. FatFrank

FatFrank Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 30, 2011
    lol

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The Rebelscum demo forums are now up. You can get the link here in their New Forum thread. If you have a login you can try posting, etc. If you encounter problems please report them in the linked thread, not here, as their admins won't see them here. If it's a display or login issue, please let them know what browser/version you are using.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's all happening on the Rebelscum front:

On Wednesday, September 14th at midnight (ET), the current Rebelscum forums will be closed down. We are anticipating a Friday, September 16th launch for the new forum. Be watching the front page for the announcement. Current forum members can use either their screen name or registered email address along with their current password to log in to the new forum once we go live.

You can see the announcement here.

Added note - Grahame (RS admin doing the move) will be tweeting his progress. If you want to get progress reports check his feed out here.

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Good news... I'm not on Rebelscum, but from the recent posts in the Moving thread, this makes it sound like our move may be happening sometime relatively soon.

14. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Define 'soon'. :p

15. Pete_Seyk

Pete_Seyk Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2004
    I've never visited RebelScum, but if this means our move is closer to reality then I am happy for everyone there.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    They've changed the time on their move:

On Wednesday, September 14th at 9:00pm (EST), the current Rebelscum forums will be closed down. We are anticipating a Friday, September 16th launch for the new forum. Be watching the front page for the announcement. Current forum members can use either their screen name or registered email address along with their current password to log in to the new forum once we go live.

17. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    We're currently on pace to be completely moved by April first 2015, to coincide with pre-Rots 10th anniversary celebrations. :)

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's underway!

Tweets from Grahame since the start:

LimeyGW Grahame Wright
    #rebelscumforumupgrade : Import started! This first step takes 4-5 hours so I'm going to get some sleep, next check-in will be 5:30am EST.
    4 hours ago
    Grahame Wright

LimeyGW Grahame Wright
    #rebelscumforumupgrade : Data backups done, now upgrading old UBB software to 6.5.5 so it can be imported cleanly into Vbulletin. #starwars
    6 hours ago
    Grahame Wright

LimeyGW Grahame Wright
    #RebelscumForumUpgrade: Backup of current system started - should take around 25-30 minutes.
    7 hours ago
    Grahame Wright

LimeyGW Grahame Wright
    #RebelscumForumUpgrade : ok, the time has come. Let's do this!!
    7 hours ago
    Grahame Wright

LimeyGW Grahame Wright
    #RebelscumForumUpdate : less than 3 hours to go. Making sure my redirects are working and backups for the new forum are functioning.
    10 hours ago

19. Pete_Seyk

Oct 2, 2004
    I like the tweets. Months of work all culminating into the final moving process.

Can't wait 'till the JCF is at this point.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    New updates:

LimeyGW Grahame Wright
    @erier2003 : it'll be forum.rebelscum.com but threads will redirect automatically including any links from external sites.
    15 minutes ago
    Grahame Wright

LimeyGW Grahame Wright
    #rebelscumforumupdate : crisis averted, I don't think my heart has been beating for the last hour. Onwards!!
    20 minutes ago

LimeyGW Grahame Wright
    #rebelscumforumupdate : Post import is complete, just a few other imports to go then we start testing. Slight issue with users, hope to fix
    14 minutes ago
    Grahame Wright

LimeyGW Grahame Wright
    #rebelscumforumupgrade : ok, back to work! The user import was 139 minutes down from 202 the last time. Forum Post import just started.
    6 hours ago

21. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    This is the most exciting thing in ages

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    And they are back!

It's with great pleasure that we announce the grand re-opening of the Rebelscum forums! Members can use either their screen name or registered email address along with their current password to log in. We hope you enjoy.

You can check them out here.

Just a note - I had to delete all cookies associated with 'threads.rebelscum.com' in order to get there. Also, quite a few of the avatars didn't make the move and mine was one. However, I did manage to find a Fett I could live with. So if you have an ID there you might have to get a new avatar.

23. Pete_Seyk

Oct 2, 2004
    Hoo-rah!

Our turn now?

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We'll be next but I don't know how much they have left to do for us. I'm sure they will be letting Rebelscum bed in for a bit to make sure everything is OK (and to let Grahame catch up on sleep!).

25. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    It's been about a week - have they mentioned when they'll start working on our move?