main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rebirth of the Jedi OT AU L/M, some H/L COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_BMK, Nov 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Title: Rebirth of the Jedi
    Author(s): Jedi_BMK
    Timeframe: OT
    Characters: Luke, Mara, Han, Leia, Jedi, Rebels, Vader, OC?s
    Genre: AU, action, drama
    Keywords: L/M, some H/L
    Summary: OT Era AU. Luke meets Mara six months before leaving Tatooine causing things to go differently in a galaxy far, far away?
    Notes:

Disclaimer: I don?t own Star Wars. George Lucas does. This is his galaxy far, far away. I?m just playing around with my own little warped idea of what that galaxy could be like. I?m not making any money off of this. Please don?t sue me. I have no money (but you can have my debt if you?d like).

Author?s Note: This is my first fic. What started out as a simple ?what if?? has mutated out of control and turned into a rather involved story. I?d appreciate any comments, good or bad, especially on the early chapters. Feedback will help make the story better as I go along.

The first part of the prologue will be in the next post.

2. Jedi_BMK

Sep 10, 2004
    This is entirely my own work. I don't have a beta, but if someone likes the idea and would like the job let mw know (not that I'm sure just what the beat would do, but whatever). The story is about 40% complete and I hope to post every other day.

Prologue Part 1: Tatooine

Six months Pre-ANH

The Imperial Class Star Destroyer Emperor?s Fist orbited above Ryloth. It remained hidden from the rocky planet by one of its red moons because the captain did not wish to instill fear into the planet?s citizens. That was not his goal.

Frustrated with the hiding and a lack of excitement, the young Lieutenant Commander of the Fist decided to take up his concerns with the Fist?s Captain. ?Captain, Sir, why are we wasting our time orbiting a backwater, alien filled Outer Rim planet hidden behind a moon? There is rebellion brewing near the core. Wouldn?t we better serve the Empire seeking out the Rebels, or at least teaching these ?things? the meaning of fear??

The Captain glared at his presumptuous underling. ?My orders come directly from the Emperor. We are to maintain geosynchronous orbit over this planet until the shuttle Emerald Jewel is secure in our hangar. It is not our place to question him.?

The young officer face turned pale at the thought of questioning a direct order from the Emperor. ?I?m sorry sir. I had no idea. It won?t happen again.?

?Be sure that it doesn?t.? The captain waved a hand dismissively at the officer as he turned to the bridge?s tracking station. ?Ensign, what is the ETA for the Emerald Jewel??

?She?ll be docked in five minutes, Sir.?

?Excellent. Once the Jewel is secure, clear the hangar of all personnel. Navigator, set a course for Tatooine. We jump as soon as the hangar is clear.? The Fist?s Captain turned to his Lieutenant Commander once again. ?Emperor?s orders.?

Mara Jade exited the [i]Emerald Jewel[/i] as soon as the hangar was clear. ?The life of a shadow assassin. I can?t be seen by the crew of the ship. Not that they?d believe a sixteen year old, much less a sixteen year old female would be the Emperor?s most qualified assassin: the Emperor?s Hand.? Using the classified access codes and secret passageways provided for her by the Emperor, Mara quickly made her way to the secured stateroom of the [i]Emperor?s Fist[/i]. She immediately made her way to the fresher in order to wash away the dirt she was covered with thanks to her most recent mission. ?The traitorous Twi?lek never new what hit him. Such as sucker for a mercy case. He had no idea that the poor, dirty beggar girl he took in was really there for his head. When will they learn that everyone will benefit once they quit resisting Imperial rule??

[hr]

Mara emerged from the fresher and looked herself over in the mirror. To anyone who didn?t know better she was an innocent looking girl. A young beauty with smooth, light skin, thick, wavy red-gold hair past her shoulders and stunning emerald eyes who was sure to mature into an even more stunning beauty. She knew better though. Mara was far from innocent and, in fact, was deadly to anyone she meant. What she couldn?t understand was why this upset her on some level. She was doing the right thing, serving the Master who took her in when she was orphaned. Wasn?t she? Her Master assured her that this was normal, that it would fade in time. She trusted him. There was no one else she could trust. Pushing aside her doubts, Mara went to the secure terminal in her room to look over the details of her next mission. ?Tatooine. What could possibly be of interest on that dustbowl??

[hr]

Mara landed her shuttle at Anchorhead. She felt as if she was on a wild goose chase. This was the third settlement she had come to in her search for the ?disturbance? her Master wanted her to find. ?How do you find a disturbance in the Force anyway?? Mara mused to herself. ?I?ve checked every cantina and spy on the dustball and not one single bit of information that could possibly lead me to my quarry.? The only remotely pro

3. Jedi_BMK

Sep 10, 2004
    It looks like either no one has noticed this or no one is interested. Hoping it's the former, I'm going to post the rest of the prologue as to not unfairly up myself. Hopefully, I'll get some sort of response. I'll continue to post for the rest of the week, but if no one responds I'll just end my writing career sooner than planned. :_| So please reply if you want this to continue. [-o| And now on with the story...

Prologue Part 2: The Way of the Force

Luke Skywalker stared down the quickly approaching gang members with all the courage he could summon. He didn?t know why he was doing this, but something inside of him screamed that he had to help this girl. It was almost as if his entire future depended on this moment. He had only been able to draw his gaze away from her when the thugs began to move his way and his survival instincts kicked in.

The gang leader sneered at Luke. ?Who?s going to make us? You??

?Yes.? In spite of all his efforts, Luke was unable to keep his voice from shaking when he responded and ended up sounding more like a scared little boy than the confident man he was trying to project. His effort earned him a hearty laugh from the thugs.

?Take care of him while I go check out the goods.? The gang leader turned around to be met with a foot in the face. He was knocked into two of his fellow gang members and through a window. Luke ducked a punch from the last man standing and was able to land a solid right hook to take down the last man. He stared in awe at his hand when he found himself being pulled by the elbow.

?Come on. Let?s get out of here before they can regroup.? Luke turned to find the girl he had ?rescued? moving out of the alley. He quickly moved to give chase all the while thinking to himself. ?She?s beautiful.? The girl finally ducked into an abandoned building and pulled Luke in with her.

?What were you doing back there?!?

Luke turned his gaze toward the floor, embarrassed. ?I was only trying to help.? He said softly.

?It looked to me like you were trying to get yourself killed.? Mara snapped back at him. She then saw the hurt look in the farmboy?s eyes and felt sorry for him. He had no way of knowing that she could easily handle those men are her own. ?I?m sorry. I shouldn?t have snapped.?

?What were you doing in that alley in the first place??

?I was hoping to teach those guys a lesson.? Luke gave her a questioning look. Mara met his gaze. ?I?m a lot more than I appear to be.?

?I don?t know why, but I believe you.?

?Thank you. I appreciate you coming to help.? Mara had no idea why she was acting like this. She should have disappeared at the first chance. Dragging a farmboy with a hero complex away from a fight ran counter to everything she was trained for, but something else told her to stick with him. ?I?m Mara by the way.?

Luke smiled at her. ?Do you have a last name Mara??

Mara wanted to glare at him, but couldn?t help but smile back. ?Just Mara?So, are you going to tell me your name or should I just call you Farmboy??

?Luke.? Mara raised her eyebrow at him. ?Just Luke.?

Mara shook her head at him. ?Fair enough.?

?Mara, why are you here? You?re obviously not from around here with skin like that.? Luke immediately turned red when he realized the implications of his statement while Mara couldn?t help but blush herself.

?I?m looking for someone.? Luke raised his eyebrow at her statement. ?You wouldn?t believe me if I told you.?

?Try me.? Mara rolled her eyes at him. ?I?m serious.?

Mara had no idea why, but she felt it necessary to tell him the truth. ?Fine, I?m an agent of the Emperor sent here to investigate a disturbance in the Force.?

?Alright, if you really don?t want to tell me, don?t.?

?I told you so.? Mara turned to leave. ?Goodbye Luke.?

Seeing Mara begin to walk away, Luke began to panic. ?Mara, wait.? She turned around and looked him in the eye. ?I believe you.?

?You what?? Mara began to wonder if telling him the truth was a good idea. ?If it was a bad idea, it wouldn?t have felt so right.? Mara re

4. Darth_Suzi

Darth_Suzi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2004
    Hey, I'm interested! :D Please don't stop this! You're an awesome writer, and I love anything L/M. [face_praying]

I loved the conversation between Luke and Mara, and the way that Mara knew that she could trust him. [face_love] They're so cute together...

Please continue! :D

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Sometimes it takes a while for a story to catch on. don't give up hope.

6. ObiDeeKenobi

ObiDeeKenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow - its great work thats all i can say. I know it's early but is there any chance of saving Alderaan?

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Nice start! And don't give up so quickly on a promising career! ;)

8. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Interesting! Try not to get discouraged - you're doing great. Looking forward to more. :)

9. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    This seems like it could be very interesting. Continue.

10. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Please keep going! Your story looks very interesting so far and I also happen to LOVE "What ifs". :D

Plus, you have Vader as a character! Yesss!!

11. Jedi_BMK

Sep 10, 2004
    Looks like this just needed some time to be found. :D Thank you to everyone for your responses, I now have the motivation I was looking for to complete the story. [face_dancing]

Darth_Suzi: A special thanks to you for being the first response I've ever gotten on a fic. I appreciate the compliments. You made my day yesterday. ;)

RebelMom: Thanks. I won't be giving up now.

ObiDeeKenobi: Thank you. Alderaan... [face_whistling] Well, let's just say that I've plotted the whole story already and you'll know Alderaan's fate with certainty within a few chapters.

LadyPadme: A mod?! :eek: I better behave...mostly. [face_devil] I won't be giving up any time soon. ;) *Looks over shoulder* Bad plot bunnies. Wait your turn. I have to take care of this one first. :D

Jedi Trace: No longer discouraged here. There's plenty more to come.

StarFighter5: Thank you. I just hope I can keep things interesting.

JediVegeta: Glad you think that. Hope I don't disappoint. [face_worried] Fair warning, though. Vader's appearances will be concentrated towards the beginning and the end. He'll be looming in the background throughout, of course. Can't write a proper OT story without Vader, though. ;)

I'll be posting the Chapter One sometime tomorrow once I do the final edits.

12. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Great story. Are you sure this is your first story?
    I love having Luke and Mara meet and become involved when they are both so young.'

*green_eyes*

13. Jedi_BMK

Sep 10, 2004
    green_eyes: Yes, this is definitely my first story. (Unless you count those things I would write in first grade 8-} )

And now, on with the story

Chapter 1: Mother and Son

Three years later?

Mara Jade set down on an out of the way space station on the Corellian Trade Spine. ?Almost three years. I?ve been on the run for three years and still I can?t stay in one place for more than a month without stormtroopers knocking at my door. If I wasn?t so well trained and they were trained properly, I?d be dead now.? Mara finished the shut down sequence on her small, old transport and moved to the main deck. She looked down at her son sleeping on a small bunk on the main deck and smiled. She pushed his light red hair out of his face. ?I wish I could give you the life that you deserve. You should have better than running for you life. If only your father?? Mara was unable to complete her thought as the tears welled up thinking of what she has lost due to the Emperor. She went to her quarters and cried herself to sleep.

Mara woke the next morning and entered the main cabin to find Ben playing awake and watching one of his favorite holos. ?Did you sleep well, Ben?? He gave her an innocent look and nodded, his blue eyes shining. ?That?s good. Will you be good for J3 for a few hours? Mommy has to take care of a few things.?

Ben nodded as earnestly as he could. ?I?ll be my bestest.? Mara grinned and tousled his hair.

?J3, guard the ship. I?ll be back in a few hours.? The green and white astromech beeped in acknowledgement. Mara slipped through the corridors of the station and made her way to the nearest cantina. ?Now to see if I can find a contact with the Rebellion and check on that rumor about a Jedi in their ranks.? Mara ordered a lomin ale and scanned the cantina with a little help from the Force. ?There. The Corellian and the Wookiee definitely have some times with the rebels.? Mara picked up her drink and headed over to a secluded table where the Corellian and Wookiee were arguing over botched repairs. Mara laughed to herself. ?This could get interesting.?

The Corellian looked up when Mara reached his table. ?Can I help you??

?I hope so. What do you know about contacting the Rebellion??

The Corellian quickly put on his best Sabaac face while the Wookiee tensed up. ?Look. I don?t know where you got an idea like that, but I don?t know anything about the Rebellion.?

?Please. Just hear me out.? The Corellian studied her for a moment and then waved to the open seat in front of Mara, inviting her to sit down. ?Thank you. I?m Mara Jade.?

The Corellian stretched his hand across the table to shake hands in greeting which Mara readily accepted. ?Han Solo. This is my first mate, Chewbacca, but you can call him Chewie.? Chewie growled a greeting of his own.

Mara nodded in response Chewie. ?Nice to meet you both.?

?So why do you want to get in touch with the Rebellion??

Mara?s face turned solemn. ?I?m a former Imperial agent with a death mark from the Emperor himself.? Han cocked his eyebrow at this unexpected statement. ?I was party to some rather sensitive information.? Han nodded and signaled for her to go on. ?I left his service close to three years ago and have been on the run with my son since. My son?my son is Force sensitive. So am I actually. His father was already killed for that very reason. I heard a rumor that the Rebellion has a Jedi in their ranks. A Jedi is the only one who could protect my son. I need to know he will be safe so I can go after the Emperor and avenge his father?s death.?

Han remained silent for a moment, causing Mara to question whether she should have just blurted out everything she did. ?I have a friend who may be able to help you out. Meet me at docking bay 49 in four hours. I wouldn?t plan on coming back to this place, so bring your son too. Oh, and dress warm.?

Internally, Mara let out a sigh of relief. ?Thank you. I?ll pay you what I can for the transport of course.? Han nodded in agreement and Mara turned to leave the cantina. As soon as s

14. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Looks interesting. I'm glad I found this. I always like AU Luke/Mara stories.

Does Mara really think that Luke is dead? Or does she just assume that he is? And it did seem a bit of a coincidence that Mara would name her son Ben, when she didn't know Ben Kenobi. Was there a specific reason she picked that name?

Looking forward to more.

15. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    Hi, Jedi_BMK,

Wonderful story! And this is your first?!? Wow.

In another realm, two kindred spirits smiled, thanking the Force for the chance to help those they could no longer be with find what they deserve - I have my suspicions about these two...

Keep 'em comin' :D

16. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Yes, you did manage to keep it interesting. Hurry with the next post.

17. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Very interesting.

So many questions I have--Is she just assuming that Luke is dead, or does she truly belive that he is? What made her choose the name Ben for their son? What's gonna happen when she and Luke meet again?

I can't wait for the next post. I like this very much.

18. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Oooh. I'm also wondering why Mara thinks Luke is dead....

19. Tribun

Tribun Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2003
    Well, obviously since Owen and Beru were killed, Mara thought that Luke died too...... Will be a shock for her that he was alive for the whole time.

20. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004

Omigod, Omigod! This story's amazing JB Very creative, can't wait to see more. More soon, pha-lease. [face_batting] :D

21. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    very interesting concept! I like! I like!

22. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I'm hooked.

Lately I've been on and off in the Star Wars Fandom so if you don't hear from me for a few parts that's why. But I really like this story and can't wait for more.

And I agree with the others of course Mara thinks Luke is dead if she went back and found out what happened to his Farm why wouldn't she think he died?

After all she didn't know his last name did she?

23. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Jedi_BMK: Mods are regular posters only they have colors ;)

As for the post...wow! Mara the mother--and so young. I'm intrigued as to why she thinks Luke's dead, when he so obviously isn't.

Keep on posting. It's getting interesting ;)

24. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    *follows the Bothan hating guy* Tehe, very nice story.

25. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Oooooh, this looks awesome. I so can't wait to see what happens when Mara finds out Luke's not dead and when Luke finds out he's a daddy. Please continue this.

By the way, I love Luke and Mara stories. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.