main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rebirth of the Jedi OT AU L/M, some H/L COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_BMK, Nov 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liz_09

Liz_09 Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    Great Post!I wonder if Cort really will be civil!

2. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    That was great! And everyone made it out alive! Lets hope that everyone wont try to kill Vader at once ;)

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Anakin will not have an easy time no matter how much he has changed. Most will not accept him and his own temper will be haunting him. A Dark Side habit is hard to break. At least the family will help him.

4. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    I'm still with you all the way even though I do not post all the time. I have never been one to say anything unless I thought it was important to say. The silent type. I do have to thank you for being true to your readers and posting on a regular bases. I look forward to it every night and know that I can always count on you. Once again thank JediBMK and may The Force be with you always.

5. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    I love your version of the throne room battle.
    Ben's little comments really turned the heart of Darth Vader around. That was beautiful.

What are they going to do with Anakin Skywalker now that he has returned to the Light Side?
    It'll be interesting to see what happens to him now.
    Will they be one big, really big, happy family?
    LOL

*green_eyes*

6. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    They don't exactly HAVE to tell the whole Alliance about him.

If he were decide to go into hiding for a time, it would be nicely appropriate if he were to either go to Tatooine or Dagobah.

Mon Mothma, Ackbar and Madine may well accept the Jedi's word that he's changed and deserves a second chance. However, the thousands of rank and file Rebellion members may not all be so forgiving.

7. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    GreatOne: I definitely wasn't planning on the whole "It wasn't me. It was the black armored Sith!" defense. Anakin knows he screwed up big time.

Jeditheskyisblue: Not everyone is bound to take it as well, that's for sure.

jade51999: Cort was a little to focused on other things to worry about Anakin right now.

skywalker64089: That bunny is driving me crazy lately, along with the other ones that story produced, but won't see these boards for a month, minimum.

Also, Anakin will do what he thinks is best. What that is...you'll have to wait a little longer.

Jedi-2B: Anakin has years of work ahead of him to gain everyone's trust.

JuniorPadawan: Quite possible.

Liz_09: Cort's liable to just ignore Anakin's presence in favor of tending to Brea.

Senator_Leia73: Not trying to kill the former Sith Lord would definitely be a good thing.

RebelMom: Family will definitely help Anakin. Something tells me those grandchildren will be especially good for keeping his temper in check.

JEDIFLYSWATTER: Thank you very much. I pride myself on putting up regular posts and not keeping readers hanging. It's good to hear that it is appreciated.

green_eyes: Thank you. And they may get to be one big, happy family, but not until some time passes to set thigns right and they figure out what's going to happen to Anakin.

TorontoJediMaster: For now, everything is up to Anakin, but they'll keep quiet for the time being.

Next post will be up tomorrow.

8. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Patience is a virtue THAT I DON'T POSSESS [face_mischief].

Especially when I can sit down and read a story from front to back repeatedly and never get tired of it.

I wish I had this in hardcopy. :D

S.

9. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Wonderful, wonderful :)

yeah the guys really did need to sit down. But isn't it better that Han found out that the were on the shuttle instead of finding out that the Death Star Blew up early, and going . . . Leia!!! but ok I still have the kids. . . then to find out that they were on there too afterwards :) Everything is much better this way. ;)

I wonder what they are going to do about Anakin. . .

10. Jedi_BMK

Sep 10, 2004
    skywalker64089: You only have a couple more days and this story will be wrapped up. It's not my fault if you're impatient. :p

maramijade: Everything is much better this way.

Definitely. That's almost an understatement.

Chapter 103: Celebration

Luke smiled as he made his way through the bonfires of the victory feast that had been taking place on Endor since the late afternoon. He turned his gaze to the sky as another pair of X-Wings streaked by, releasing fireworks in the night sky. They had good reason to celebrate, but their work was not over. The Empire was still out there even if the Emperor had been destroyed. However, Luke was sure that they would come out on top. He turned away from watching the pyrotechnics in the sky when a voice called out to him from a nearby bonfire. ?Luke, come on. Join us.?

Luke turned to see his old squad mates from Rogue Squadron sitting with Corran and Kyp around a nearby bonfire. Luke gave his old friend and the current Rogue Leader a chuckle. ?No thanks, Wedge. I remember my bachelor party.?

Wedge simply raised his mug of Corellian ale and smirked. ?Your loss.? The pilot tilted his drink and took a large swig as Luke chuckled.

Luke turned to walk away, but turned around as a something about the scene occurred to him. ?Oh and Wedge??

The pilot took his mug from his mouth and looked toward Luke. ?Yeah boss??

Luke pointed to Kyp on the other side of the bonfire. ?No ale for the thirteen year old Jedi. I don?t care what he says.?

Kyp looked to Luke, only to see him walking away, and then decided to take up his grievances with Wedge. ?That?s not fair.?

The pilot just shrugged at Kyp?s complaint. ?You heard the man. Of course, I heard nothing about that punch. And if it happens to have a couple special ingredients, I wouldn?t know anything about that.?

Kyp?s eyes grew wide as he scrambled for a nearby punchbowl. Wedge chuckled at the boy?s enthusiasm as Corran glared at the pilot. ?What?s in that punch??

Wedge just smirked at the Jedi across from him. ?We just added the juice of some local berries. I?d say that qualifies as special.?

Mara looked at her son in the shuttle. The boy had hardly left his grandfather?s side ever since they had gotten on the shuttle. Luke had been right. Ben had more of an effect on Darth Vader than the other way around. If not for Ben, she didn?t know what would have happened on the Death Star. Mara walked over to her son and looked at the sleeping man he was sitting next to. It was time to join the party and leave her father-in-law in peace to heal. ?Now Ben, remember, don?t tell anyone about your grandfather being here.?

Ben nodded at his mother. He didn?t want his grandfather to leave and if he told anyone about him, he would have to go away. ?Yes, mom.?

Mara smiled and took her son?s hand. ?Good. Come on. Let?s go make sure your Father keeps away from the Rogues.?

[hr]

Leia looked from her sleeping children to her husband. Han had refused to leave the twins? side ever since she had taken him to see them. He had taken the news of their kidnapping with the expected amount of angry yelling, but Han had quickly calmed down when Jaina smiled and grabbed onto his leg. Han and Leia had spent hours just watching their children crawl around in one of the tents set up in the camp as they held each other. They had put them to bed over an hour ago, but Jacen had not agreed that it was bedtime. Leia had spent over an hour humming lullabies to her son and the twins were now both asleep.

Leia took Han?s hand and kissed him on the cheek. She leaned up to speak softly into his ear as to not disturb the twins? sleep. ?The droids can watch them for tonight. The Empire?s on the run and leaderless. We can take a breather while they fight among themselves.?

?If you?re sure.?

Leia smiled at her overprotective husband. ?Positive.? She pulled on Han?s hand on her way to join the party outside. ?R2 keep an eye on 3PO. Make sure he doesn?t burn out any circuits.?

[hr]

Cor

11. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Awww! A happy post, with no angst! :) :) I like how Wedge tricked Kyp into thinking the punch was spiked! LOL!

Only a few more posts to go? :(

Very sad news, indeed!

12. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    "Special" punch, huh? [face_laugh]

Ben waving at the blue-glowies was very cute :D

Kat

13. JuniorPadawan

JuniorPadawan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    ?No ale for the thirteen year old Jedi. I don?t care what he says.? [face_laugh]

14. Liz_09

Liz_09 Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    Oh man it almost brought tears to my eyes!

15. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I liked the Kyp part as well.

16. Jedi_BMK

Sep 10, 2004
    GreatOne: It was time for them to get a happy post after everything that happened. And only two more to go as a matter of fact. It feels strange.

Katarina42: Quite special punch. ;)

JuniorPadawan: Luke definitely knows which of his students to be watching out for. :D

Liz_09: Thank you.

RebelMom: I'm glad I tweeked that scene like I did after the reaction it's gotten. :D

Next post will be up tomorrow.

17. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    LOL Kyp cracks me up LOL

18. Jedi_BMK

Sep 10, 2004
    Senator_Leia73: That's good to hear.

Chapter 104: My Own Eyes

Luke smiled faintly as the sounds of the rousing Rebel celebration reached his ears as he walked to the clearing in which he had landed their escape shuttle. He wished he wasn?t removing himself from the party, but Luke had received a sensation in the Force from his father. Anakin Skywalker wanted to speak to his son. Luke glanced over his shoulder, looking for anyone who may have followed him. He did not wish for anyone to find his father before they had decided what their next step would be. Not feeling anyone having followed him, Luke walked into the stolen ship.

Luke made his way down the corridor of the shuttle to the main cabin. He entered the room to find his father staring blankly at the wall, immersed in a healing trance. Luke knew quite well the pain the Emperor?s Force lightning caused. He had been suppressing the pain for the duration of the evening himself. Tomorrow, Luke would have to put some time into healing his own body. But tonight, Luke would enjoy the Rebellion?s victory.

Anakin?s masked face turned in his son?s direction, finally noticing his son?s presence. The two men remained silent for a moment, unsure of what to say to each other. It would take time for father and son to grow comfortable with each other, but, thankfully, time was something they had. Luke finally broke the silence as he walked to sit next to his father. ?Have you thought anymore about what you want to do??

Anakin turned his gaze away from his son and stared at the wall. He finally nodded at Luke?s inquiry and finally started to speak in a low tone. ?I did many things as Vader which I am not proud of. I need to answer for my mistakes. I?m turning myself over to Alliance authorities tomorrow morning.?

Luke folded his hands in front of his face and watched his father for a moment. He had hoped to spend more time with the man who had returned from within the armor, but his father needed this?and the galaxy did as well. Finally, Luke nodded solemnly and placed a supportive hand on Anakin?s shoulder. ?I understand.?

Anakin turned to face his son. Luke had grown into a powerful Jedi. Thankfully, Luke had been able to escape the pitfalls that had driven Anakin down the dark path. The Jedi would flourish again under Luke?s guidance. Anakin just hoped he could see at least some of the mistakes of his past repaired before his own end. But Anakin did not hope for too much. He knew that every minute of his life with his family was a gift from the Force. ?May I ask you a favor??

Luke raised a quizzical eyebrow to his father?s question as he immediately responded. ?Of course.?

Anakin sat silent for a moment, collecting his confidence. It was a simple request, but one he was hesitant to ask. After what he had done, Anakin didn?t feel he had any room asking his family for anything. ?Could you have the family, the whole family, here tomorrow at dawn before I turn myself in??

Luke placed a hand on his father?s shoulder as he rose to leave the shuttle. ?We?ll be here.?

Luke walked past a bonfire and found his family sitting in a circle in a dim corner of the Rebel camp. He slowly made his way over to the circle of his loved ones and sat down next to Mara. After Luke?s quiet departure, his family looked at him curiously, wondering why he had disappeared without a word. Sensing Luke?s turbulent emotions, Mara finally realized the reason for his disappearance. She took Luke?s hand in hers and chose to break the silence, curious about Luke?s meeting with his father. ?So what did he say??

Luke looked down at the ground for a moment. He did not like his father?s decision. Anakin would be hard pressed to receive a fair trial and Luke would not have a chance to be with the father he had been without his entire life. ?He?s turning himself over to Alliance authorities tomorrow morning.?

Han and Leia exchanged a quizzical look at Luke?s statement. They both knew how hard the Rebellion would be on Vader. Why would he want to sub

19. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    I have a feeling the mask WAS necessary, and when the Rebels come to arrest him, Anakin will already be with his angel! :_|

Nice post! *Sniffs*

20. JTRogue

JTRogue Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2004
    That scene was as powerful as the coinciding movie scene. Excellent and emotional.

21. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Anakin is right he does have to answer for his crimes just because he came back to the light side doesn't mean he can just go free.

Ben and Anakin though are just so cute together.

22. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    Only one more post left? :(

Kat

23. Liz_09

Liz_09 Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    Sad For two reasons: first it was such a touching scene with Anikan talking to Ben, second, this great story is finnaly at it's end.
    Will there be a sequal?

24. JuniorPadawan

JuniorPadawan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Yes, but as much as Anakin needs to repay for his crimes, vengence serves nothing. Death does not bring about life, nor true peace.

25. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Heh..

How sad, Ani's turning himself in eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.