main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rebirth of the Light - The Years Between (Anakin Skywalker AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Shinning_Star, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jendiggity

jendiggity Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    *runs in* okay, i'm here!! so *this* is the surprise you were talking about....i don't mind...much ;)

i think i need to re-read RotL before i read this...*makes a note to do that very very soon*

2. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    That's a very good idea, rereading RoTL. All I remember is that Ani gets redeemed, and something tells me that I should know a little more, huh? **runs off to find that fic**

3. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Great post Caslia!

Ani/Luke [face_love] I love it! I could see the scene. Tender and sweet.

Ani/Obi. Great! Magnificent! But YOU are very very good in Ani/Obi interaction. I remember it both from RotL and BoB. Its your strong point I think.

More?

4. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
  5. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I like it a lot! Please continue!

6. JediElanor

JediElanor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    Up!!!!!!!!!

And, please more? But don't feel rushed.

Elanor

7. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
    I?d like to add at the beginning of this that when, in this chapter and in all my fan fiction, I use the word ?human?, I do so lightly. I do not mean the word ?human? as in the species, but rather, as we use it here on earth; to mean a being or an individual of a certain worth. I mention this because there are some who are very aware of the existence of alien life in Star Wars and might get the wrong impression about what I am trying to convey. Perhaps as I writer I should be able to create a sentence that makes the meaning behind it quite obvious. I am, however, not that talented. This is just FYI, so there are no misunderstandings. Please keep this is in mind when both Anakin and Padme use the word ?human? in the following post. Thanks.

Continuation of Chapter One:

The Days Following

Immediately following Rebirth of the Light?

It was the first time in nearly a year that Anakin noticed the stars.

The name of the planet, which he had learned from Sabé in an uncomfortable encounter in the kitchen, was called Thantinia; and it?s moon hung high above so that Skywalker had to lean his neck back to look at it.

It was an unusual experience. Always before, he had glanced at a moon from his ship, unconcerned with its presence. Now, looking up at its shining face, the former Sith Lord found both glory and beauty in something so simple. It signaled the coming of the night and restful darkness; something so different, something pure and without the vice he knew of Darkness.

But with the night came a number of questions.

The first one, something else he had not bothered to consider since his rebirth as Vader, was where was he supposed to sleep?

It seemed only polite, not to mention reasonable, that he return to his ship and the oxygen chamber and stay there the rest of the night. But at the same time, that idea terrified him. Leaving Padme and the twins, sleeping in a cold, empty Imperial ship miles from their warmth.

Anakin could not, however, bring himself to ask Obi-wan if he might be allowed to stay at the cottage. Maybe his redemption had made his weak, but the wound between him and his former master was only just healing.

He did not want be an inconvenience, considering all the suffering he had already placed upon them. Nor did he want to put tension on any of the newly healed relationships.

In the end, the question of where to sleep was settled for him.

?Lord Vader??

Forcing himself to look away from the moon, Anakin turned to the silhouette of Sabé that stood in the doorway of the cottage.

She was, understandably, terribly uncomfortable in his presence. Considering it had been she who had tried to protect her mistress from the blows of a furious Jedi, and had ended up cowered in a corner, her beautiful, long hair removed with a lightsaber, she had every right to fear and hate him. However, he had found, much to both his surprise and gratitude, that Sabé neither hated nor pitied him.

Rather, she moved around him as though he were glass and she the shrill wind that might break him.

Once, that might have pleased him greatly. Now, he was utterly disgusted with himself.

?Please.? He called out quietly towards her, but moving no closer. ?Sabé, don?t call me that.? When she said nothing more, he sighed. This would take time. He had hurt this woman both physically and psychologically. He could not push her to accept his changes.

He also couldn?t accept them. Not yet. Obi-wan said he needed time first.

?Milord,? the young woman finally spoke again. ?Milady wishes to speak with you.? She ducked back inside after that, not saying another word.

With this weighing on his conscience, Anakin entered the little hut and walked down the hall to where Padme?s room was located. When he had last spoken with her, which had actually been the first time in nine months, she had been laying down, recuperating from the birth. Now, five hours later, she sat upright, brushing her long, beautiful hair with an ivory comb and hu

8. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Excellent! Magnificent! Lovely! Sweet! [face_love]
    Poor Ani! :_| I almost cry for him Caslia.
    And Padme is Padme, full of compassion and love. If anyone can heal Ani is definitely Padme.
    I love it.
    More soon?

9. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    I don't think you overhyped it. I could very much hear that conversation between the two of them, and I think you did a wonderful job writing it. Keep it coming, I'll be here to read! :D
    --later--

10. Yoda-Feet

Yoda-Feet Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    I have one word for you-
    BEAUTIFUL!

Sorry, I've been lurking for a while... but I really loved Rebirth of Light and I was kind of curious about what happened in between! This is lovely- and yes, the dialogue was very believable, you write the characters to a T!

I have a question tho- just out of curiousity.. how big of a time span does this story cover? I know it says the 'years' between, but I'm just wantin to know. :)

Looking forward to a post soon!

-YF

11. Allyjw007

Allyjw007 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
    Me likey! This is so sweet . . .

Anakin once used Padmé's hair to throw her against the wall? *feels a little anger within herself* At least he's sorry for it now, though. I REALLY hope that Anakin doesn't turn out to be an abusive husband in Episode III, cuz I LOVE his character to death, but I just can't ever justify any man abusing his wife. But his character is so special to me, so I really hope that doesn't happen.

12. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    This chapter nearly had me in tears!! Poor Ani...

13. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000
    BEAUTIFUL!!!! :_| :_| ;) ;) I loved it!

No, the discussion was perfectly in-character (hey, it's canon that they discuss what being human is :D especially in highly emotional situations :D )

Ah, I've read it twice... this post is so perfect - I started to collect "my favorite lines" but I gave it up when a sheet of paper was full :D

Oh dear - simple, ordinary things sometimes the hardest to fix - while it's so easy to give a grand speech that "I forgive" the normal daily chores show if it was truth...

"It's how I found it so easy to kill..." very interesting thought indeed! :)

Now, a new day has come - the day before was easier- who could be really mad when new babies were born?! But now, with the morning, yesterday's miracle might be over...

14. kithana

kithana Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2002
    Finally i have read both posts and i might put in that they were both awesome. Best line i picked up was:

He gave a small, self-conscious smile before turning away. ?I think you?d agree I?m not the most gentle lover.?

*chuckles* Who would have thought i would have chose that line :D [face_laugh] . Anyways i know your very Conscious of your mush writing skill (you don't write mush) but they were really great *thumbs up*. there is a way to write it well though my mind did wonder where the last scene would lead to [face_devil] .

violent ani is not something that i'm very keen on (who the hell cares what i think) though i think there are some really good fics that involve violent ani.

it is kind of strange to see violent vader change into gentle anakin over night (i didn't mean to sound that harsh)....i think the change is a little to sudden is what i mean but it works for this fic. the A/A interaction is fine but i can understand that it is kind of difficult to write it because we only get to see Ani and padme before they marry and padme is the dominant one throughout ep2 of the couple, but after marriage things can change.

More soon plz (even if i don't read it any time soon)

~Kithana

15. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    Wonderful part, and haunting last line!

16. JediElanor

Mar 20, 2003
    Oh WOW!!! Now you've killed me!!! Or at least my patience... I can't wait for more!!! it's too good, I so loved the scene, I need much more.

I agree with you Kith that the line you said is the funniest, but anyways the rest is sooooooo great!!! I can't beleive how well you write them!!!

Well, see you later anyways

Elanor

P.S. *looks like a zombie* I waaannnttt mmmmooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

17. jendiggity

jendiggity Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    ah-HA!!!! i got out of class early and had time to read :D so i reread RotL, and then these two posts. aren't you proud of me? :D

that was very sweet and mushy and also angsty, which is my favorite :D

gotta go to work now [face_plain] so that's all the comments for now, but more soon, please!! :D

18. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Great post.

I think the conversation was well done.

Anakin would have to consider practical matters when it comes to his suit and mask. One of them is that he'd have to go back to his ship and remove it at some time soon, so that both it and his skin could be cleaned. To do otherwise, he'd risk getting an infection.

Why doesn't Anakin just get Obi-Wan, Yoda and Sabe's help and move his needed equipment to the cottage? Padme could help him with his daily routines. It's a sign that his current state doesn't bother her.

He also is going to have to do something about the ship he came in. He needs to either hide it away someplace, or even destroy it completely (after getting all the equipment he can, off of it). Palpatine is going to come hunting him sooner or later, and leaving an Imperial shuttle around is too big a risk.

19. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    [face_laugh] Haha! Yes, TJM. :p

Thanks, everyone, for your replies! :D Kithana, you're being a bad influence on Elanor! ;) Lol at LadyZ. Can I hand you some tissues? I didn't think it was that good. And Ally, you'll see more of that later. Yes, I depict Anakin as being abusive, but only in this one. I don't really think he was, or at least not till the end of the Ep. III

Any ways, thanks for all the replies! :D

Hehe. And if you really want to collect all your favorite lines and then write little comments after them, go ahead. Sometimes I've felt like a number of good lines don't get their full due because they arn't the focus of the post. So, please, I'd be much obliged.

More soon!
    [face_laugh] Lol at the idea of me writing mush! ;)
    Caslia

20. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    **blink, blink** Caslia, when did you change your signature? Cuz it's really funny!

I'm really sorry if it was a long time ago! **blushes** Sometimes I'm just unobservant!

21. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    Ummm...I think I changed it some time in March or April. Yeah, I thought it was all kinda funny too. ;)

No, I don't have a new post to put up today, but I did drop in to say thanks again! :D Everytime I'm on the boards and I look for this story, I can find it on the first page!!! That's never happened to any of my fics before! Thank you all some much! [face_love] *sigh* I feel so loved.

A new post will be put reeeaallllyy soon, I promise. :D

Caslia

22. JediElanor

Mar 20, 2003
    Oh, you're welcome, Caslia.

You know how much we like your stories!!!!!!
    Especially since you've killed my patience, and you know how hard that is to accomplish...

And what is that about Kithana having a bad influence on me??? :eek: You're not seriously thinking that might be true, are you? ?[face_plain]

Well, I hope you're going to post soon... 'cause if you don't..... *feels her dark side coming out a bit* *think to herself* NO! don't do this!!! You're supposed to be a good guy, remember??? You're supposed to wait longer than anyone and not get angry!!! *screams aloud* Caslia!!! See what you have done to me!!! Post or I'll never be sane again!!! :( I don't want to be crazy... :_| :_| :_| Please post soon, and not a too good post so I can calm down a bit and have time to find my everlasting (or almost everlasting) patience again... [face_mischief]

Well, MTFBWY

Elanor

23. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000
  24. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving this up. :)

25. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000