Saga Rebirth of the Light - The Years Between (Anakin Skywalker AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Shinning_Star, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Shinning_Star Jedi Master

star 4
    Hehe, I have impatient readers. :D

I'm leaving at last to go back to Texas. College tours over!!! I think I've settled for either Vermont or Missouri. Anyone live anywhere around there?

More soon! ;)
    Caslia
  2. TorontoJediMaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Next post coming anytime soon?

My vote would be for Vermont. There, you've got mountains and forests. What do you plan to major in?

3. Shinning_Star Jedi Master

star 4
    I want a major in Creative Writing, and a double minor in History and Religious Studies. [face_blush] I want to be an author. Does that sound like a silly teen's dream?
  4. Shinning_Star Jedi Master

star 4
    I should probably add here that I don?t know much about babies. And I am not that dedicated of a writer concerning this subject to actually do any research to learn how babies act at this age. So, as far as I know, they eat, sleep, poop, cry and fuss a lot at this stage, and little else.

I?m told I started walking at 7 months, talking at about 10 to 11 months. My brother started talking late; a year and about 4-6 months. After that, we couldn?t get him to shut up, and he still hasn?t.

However, it is in my opinion that babies? greatest achievements in their youngest years are not learning to speak, walk, eat from a spoon or even be toilet trained. A child?s greatest and most impressive ability at such an age is the distance and velocity at which they can spit their food at you.

If I were majoring in physics, rather than creative writing, I would write my senior thesis on the mathematics on such a disgusting, yet still impressive capability of the young.

Like me, Anakin and Obi-wan care little for physics. They are, however, about to get a crash course in the subject nonetheless?

Continuation of Chapter One:

The Days Following

Immediately following Rebirth of the Light?

It must have been the third or fourth night after the birth of his children that Vader was woken from a deep sleep, lying beside Padme on her bed, by the most horrendous, shrill scream he had ever heard.

For a moment, he was sure he was back in some battle somewhere. He could almost see the red blade slicing through the woman as she screamed at him in terror.

But the screaming persisted after the unknown individual was dead and the image faded from his fogging brain.

Anakin, realizing where he was and what the noise was, grave a groan and pushed himself off the bed and stumbled out of the room.

Passing through the hall, he glanced at the clock to find it was six in the morning and the sun was just getting ready to rise up over the horizon. The sky was still very dark outside and even Sabé, who was the first one up making breakfast every morning, wasn?t awake yet.

The Dark Lord was about to comment on his children?s unusual sleeping patterns to the rest of the household, when he heard voices whispering to each other in the nursery. Recognizing them as his wife?s and Obi-wan?s, he quickly shielded his presence and engaged in something he had not done in some time: eavesdropping.

The twins had stopped crying as they greedily enjoyed their breakfast, but neither the Jedi Master nor Skywalker?s wife were as happy as the babes.

?Padme, are you sure? Understand that this is all still very much of a shock for Anakin. It hasn?t even been a week since he released himself from Palpatine?s influence. He?s got a lot of emotional baggage he needs to deal with right now.?

?I realize that, Obi-wan. But I don?t think it?s asking too much of him to spend a little time with the twins today.? Padme replied evenly, shifting the children in her arms.

?Anakin doesn?t know what to do with them. That?s why he keeps his distance. Besides loving and protecting them, he doesn?t know what it means to be a father. And that?s understandable, considering he never had one himself.?

?He had you.?

?Yes,? Obi-wan replied bitterly, running a hand through his hair. ?And look how miserably I failed him.?

His friend sighed, giving him a look that said she had had enough of his self-disgust and turned to place her son in his crib. Leia, unhappy to be separated from her brother, grunted and pushed till Padme put her inside as well.

?Don?t make me threaten to break your arm again, Kenobi.? Anakin?s wife threatened him mockingly, smiling all the while. ?You know I can.?

?I know.? Obi-wan replied, smiling himself.

?So. . . are we in agreement? Today, Anakin spends time with the children. Luke and Leia need their father, Obi-wan. He wasn?t returned to us just so he could mope about. I know he wants to hold them and play with them. He?s just afraid. Maybe if you we
  5. jendiggity Jedi Master

star 4
    aawwwww..... :D

melikes the nice long posties. :D although i was a bit confuzzled in part of it; at the beginning you said he woke up next to padme in her bed, but then suddenly she was in the room with obi? or is this 2 different times you are talking about, and i am just a moron?

anyway, thankies for the posty :D
  6. darla101 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Remind me never to read that while eating lol.

I'm not sure anyone would have wanted to hear Physics of it, just give thenm a cloth.

babysitters á la Jedi?

No offense, boys, but babysitting wouldn't be something I'd hire them for.
  7. Allyjw007 Jedi Knight

star 1
    ROTFL! I loved both throw up episodes. And then Padmé and Obi-wan laughing so hard they almost dropped the babies. Just imagining a baby throwing up on Darth Vader's helmet is just . . . hilarious!

So, you wanna be an author, huh? :p Actually, I do too. And believe it or not, I'm also gonna major in creative writing, lol. I think you're good enough to be a writer, see look at all the devoted fans you got :p
  8. JediElanor Jedi Master

star 1
    Wow, that was cool, I loved it, it was so funny!!! And you know what, thanks Caslia... you've done it now... I've got my patience back, thank you, thank you, thank you... :) But i'll still wait for more... I just won't go crazy waiting anymore :D :p

MTFBWY

Elanor

P.S. By the way I suggest vermont 'cause it's nearer from where I live... In Quebec, Canada
  9. Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd say that given your inexperience with babies that you did that quite well. What imagery! [face_laugh] The throwing up scenes were hilarious, and just imagining the two men dealing with the twins, lmao! Great job!

If you would like some help with the babies development, you can PM me with any questions. As the mother of three, I may be of some help!

--later--

10. LadyZ Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I loved it!!

Well done- you use very well the names: Vader/Anakin :D

Hmmm, I cannot believe Obi-Wan's surprise - I'm sure unconsiously he knew, deep in his heart that he would be asked to help Anakin with the twins :D And I'm also sure that Leia is polite, a natural diplomat- she knows even as a baby, that at least the efforts of her uncle with the wookie-doll should be appreciated :D ;) ;)

Oh, this post was soooooo funny, still, my favorite line was Padme's remark: "Diapers in the second drawer on the left..." LOL! (Ok, I just can't explain why it is that funny- I guess I love the humour in the situation :) )

Soooo well written that this babysitting business heals Ani, still, the darkness, the scars and the inner struggle remain - simply AWESOME (I'm sitting here and cannot decide what I liked more- the humour or the angst)
  11. TorontoJediMaster Force Ghost

star 4
  12. Shinning_Star Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks everyone! :D

What, TJM? What?! Just 'up'? Just 'more please'?! Oh, don't I feel loved. Take time out of my summer to write posts for people and all I get is an 'up'!?!?! *tries to look furious but starts giggling* Just kidding, TJM. [face_laugh] I'm sure you'll have plenty to say with the Yoda post coming up next. ;)

Caslia
  13. JediArwen Jedi Master

star 3
    Excellent post, Caslia.
    After all I think that Anakin-Vader/Obi interaction its the thing your write best. Now, add to this the twins taking care by these two and you have a masterpiece. And if you add Padme too, well...
    I love it.
  14. LadyZ Jedi Master

star 4
    If I say "more" will you be mad at me? :D
  15. Jek_Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been lurking on this for awhile now and this fic is great! I enjoy how you show that Anakin really has no idea how to be a father. babysitters a'la Jedi [face_laugh]

POST MORE AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE
  16. Jesus_The_Hut Jedi Knight

star 1
    i love this story!!! [face_love] lol
    more soon!!.. please? :D
  17. Yoda-Feet Jedi Knight

star 1
    That was beautifully written- and humorously so, as well! :) I loved it, and I'm looking forward to more!
    *closes eyes in deep thought*

Oh yeah- I live in MO, but I doubt you'd wanna come live out here... [face_devil] hehe! Either place is beautiful. Keep up the good work, more soon! (please?) *puppy eyes*

-YF
  18. Queengodess Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm here! *waves her hands* Happy now, Casliagirlie?

Oh, I love your long posts...I HATE to wait for updates, and then they're just really short...And great content, too. Loved the Ani/Ami scen, just very tender and sweet. And the throw-up thing was...well, a little disgusting, but very funny. Nice work, evil loca!

Love, Kee
  19. Shinning_Star Jedi Master

star 4
    Kee!!! *giver her friend a BIG hug* Um, I do have a question, though. I've never figured this out. What's a loca?

I'll only be mad if you just say 'more'. ;)

:D Any ways. . .

I think you all saw this one coming. Some things, no matter how the rest of the story changes, will always remain the same. Things like. . . Yoda. . .

Continuation of Chapter One:

The Days Following

Immediately following Rebirth of the Light...

The feeling of waiting for something came to an end when a whole week had passed since the twin?s birth.

Anakin later knew he should have realized what it was. Why he felt the way he did, as though something unpleasantly unavoidable was going to happen. But he had been so wrapped up in his children, in lying beside Padme each night and actually laughing with Obi-wan, it had simply slipped his mind.

Perhaps that was how Yoda wanted it. To catch him unawares, vulnerable.

It was a cruel thing to think of the little Jedi Master, but it seemed to be the truth. Yoda had always been that way. There was no reason to think these few months had changed that.

Either way, there was no doubt that sooner or later their confrontation would happen.

Skywalker would have preferred later.

As the sun was shining and the rest of his family was either having lunch or, thankfully, sleeping, Anakin left the cottage for some time alone to think. This was not uncommon for him now. He would put the twins down for their afternoon nap, bid the others an enjoyable meal, and head out toward the oak grove not to far away.

Usually, he would find a private place amongst the trees. There, he would remove one of the vitamin needles from his belt. He never thought any farther after that about what he was doing, as the very act itself disgusted him.

(And the author has a serious phobia of needles.)

Following that, he would rise and walk farther into the little grove, finding a quiet spot to meditate and consider his new life. And the old one.

But when Anakin came to the spot he usually occupied, a glen where an age-old stump rested, he found his place taken.

?Welcome...Chosen One.?

At the sound of the familiar voice, and the sight of the Jedi Master sitting on the tree stump, Skywalker froze.

It hit him then, like a bolt of lightening, that this was it. The moment he had been dreading since waking up that first morning in Padme?s bed. He knew he should have known it would come to this. Himself, alone. With Master Yoda.

It was like being back in the Council room that first day.

Only, now there was no Master Qui-gon encouraging him and saying it would be alright. And this time, he really did have something to be afraid about.

His judgment day had come.

?Master Yoda.? He replied shakily, bowing in respect. The little master nodded, then motioned to a spot beside him on the grass.

?Sit with me, will you? Meditating I was. Good place this is, for thinking.? Yoda said, looking up at the leafy canopy, ?So full of life. Of Light.?

Not knowing what to say to that, Anakin moved and sat gracefully on the grass beside the stump. He was so tall that if he sat in the meditative position, even with the other on the remnant of the tree, they were eye to eye. Metaphorically speaking.

The little master stared at him a long, long time. Unable to meet his eyes, fearing the disapproval there, Anakin kept his gaze riveted on the ground.

?Knew, I did, that reason the Force did this, there was. All of this. Death of the Jedi, destruction of the Republic. But, understand it, I do not. Just as, understand I do not, why brought you here, the Force did.? When Skywalker looked up at him then, intrigued, the Master narrowed his eyes and the Sith turned away again. ?The Force, it was, was it not??

?I...I don?t know, Master.? Anakin admitted. ?There were voices. In my head. They told me to come. Said that I would find what it was I wanted most. So, eventually, the Emperor-? he choked on that name, tasting it
  20. Allyjw007 Jedi Knight

star 1
    First replier! First replier! (Yes, I'm a dork and darn proud! :D)

Yoda's really a turd here. You don't tell someone to leave their family. "You'll soil them because you're a Sith", excuse him for not being perfect. Besides, seriously what does Yoda know about love? I think Anakin has a lot to teach those Jedi about love :p I get the feeling you don't like Yoda, though... muahahaha...

And Luke crying because of Anakin's pain [face_love] I love the father/children stuff [face_love]
  21. Shinning_Star Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, 'first replier!' :p

Up!
    Caslia
  22. Jek_Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post, as always. I enjoyed you showing that Obi-Wan is still learing as a Jedi and a person. It was also interesting that Yoda isn't always right.
  23. jendiggity Jedi Master

star 4
    yay, finally got rid of that little troll!! ;)
  24. Queengodess Force Ghost

star 4
    Obi-Wan's got a human side? Loca ( [face_devil] ), you've got to be kidding me... ;)

I hate Yoda. Stupid green thing. Evil, he is. Speak properly, he can't, though nine hundred years old he is.

Okay, so maybe Obi-Wan isn't so bad - in your fics at least.

Once again, awesome post! Ani angst, oh yes...and lots of love, and most of all - Yoda being wrong! [face_devil]

Loca...well...that would be exactly what you are. And what I am. And what pretty much everyone here are. A very good word, it is.

Love,Kee
  25. Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm glad to see that Obi realizes that even though Yoda is considered the wisest, he still has much to learn! Bye bye troll! [face_devil] I'm also glad that Obi believes in Anakin, and that he can complete his redemption. And the fact that they are all part of the family. I was worried that Anakin would leave, I'm glad he didn't! Love this story and hope for more soon!

--later--
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.