main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rebirth of the Light - The Years Between (Anakin Skywalker AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Shinning_Star, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
  2. qtrhrs78

qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
  3. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
  4. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    [face_whistling]

*still.......*

:rolleyes:

*waiting......*

[face_worried]

Anybody out there?

[face_plain]

5. Venus_Star2-com

Venus_Star2-com Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    da-da-da-di-da--HEY-da-da-da-da-di-da-hey

is any-body here? Hello????

please update soon

rachel

6. JediElanor

JediElanor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    *de-lurks*

I'm here!!!

Ups and please update soon!!!!!!! Or I'll have to ask Kee to post again just to make you feel bad Caslia... Or maybe I should warn you that I'll stop reading until you update or something... Oh, no, wait!!! I'll re-post you story somewhere so that you get many more new readers, Muahahahahahaha

Anyways, I might be lurking, but I check for an up about every two days, and am annoyed there's never any... It makes me feel like I'm wasting time... so you better show me an up and prove to me there's a reason for my checking so often...

Have a nice day!!! *evil grin*

Elanor

7. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
    I know, I know. And it?s completely understandable if you?re furious about the delay. If you want to throw rotten veggies, fine. If you want to flame me, fine. If you want to tell me off and leave, never to return, do that too. Just?read the first little section here and tell me you don?t want to know what happens next.

Chapter Seven:

The Failed Prophecy

Three years after Rebirth of the Light. . .

Years later, when the Jedi were once again under suspect, fleeing for their lives to distant parts of the galaxy and seeking what they hoped was temporary sanctity from the other beings of the galaxy, Luke would be asked to deny his Jedi heritage and take arms against his brethren. And while agreeing to the conditions presented him might have saved himself and his family further heartache, the young Jedi, only some thirty years old at the time, would decline.

The memory of his father on the night he learned the prophecy of the Chosen One had failed kept Luke bound to his chosen loyalties. Back rigid against the pillars that guarded the entrance to the Jedi Temple on Alderaan, Skywalker would calmly refuse the command; for all the galaxy looking like the ideal image of what a Jedi should be, with his father?s strong spirit and his uncle?s genteel demeanor.

A shot would ring out, and Luke would close his eyes, imagining the gray and bearded image of Qui-gon appearing to catch him as he fell, like so many times before.

The storm reminded Anakin of the night when his children were still just babes in the cradle, and Leia called out to him through the darkness, fearful of the lightening. It had been a long time since then, some two and a half years, if he remembered correctly. It seemed so long ago, when, as a man encased in black armor, he had crept to her room and offered her assurances even as his own inner turmoil took hold. And yet, not so long ago, as though his daughter had been that small thing, that tiny bundle all wrapped in soft linen only the week before.

Having been told by his master that it had seemed Anakin would never grow up, and yet it happened all within the blink of an eye, Skywalker had known in advance his children wouldn?t last as little children, no matter how much he longed for them to.

What he had not been expecting, of course, was Luke?s unusual and at times frightening maturity. Leia?s slip the other day in the garden, crying something Anakin could only half decipher and not in the least understand, had made him all the more cautious of his son.

It was a terrible thing, he knew. To be constantly wary of a four-year-old, his own son, for Force sake! But there was a presence about the boy. Anakin could see it, now that Luke was growing, and the past had taught the older Skywalker to be careful of such things. Had he done so the first time?well, that went without saying, he decided to himself. What might have happened had he done something, Anakin didn?t quite know where he would be today, but he was well aware of what probably would not have happened.

Not for the first time, he sincerely wished Obi-wan had not stayed behind on Home One.

?Thinking again??

Padme wasn?t surprised when her silent approach in the dark of the meditation room and then the brush of her hand on his shoulder hadn?t surprised her husband. Still, she noticed his hand curl tighter around his mug of hot coca. The night little more than a week ago they had shared in her bed, he had kept far to the side, and pushed the sheets between them in a ragged lump, as though creating a barricade.

All night she had felt him watching her, but had not known what to do to ease his tension without doing that which he feared the most.

Give it time, she told herself silently. ?Go to bed, Ani. All this thinking won?t end the war, or bring Obi-wan home any sooner.?

In the darkness, lifted occasionally only by the flash of lightening out over the seemingly shifting hills, Anakin smiled. The exasperated concern in her voice remin

8. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    A POST!! YES!!! FINALLY!! I read this fic on ff.net and I was hoping to see a post again!! If you have a PM list, pleas eadd me to it!!

9. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
  10. JediElanor

Mar 20, 2003
    Hey Caslia,

Wow, great post, I loved it... I really liked it, really...

If only your posts were more frequent.

But well, at least it was sweet seeing how Ani tried to protect his son but what he was getting ready to do was so bad, I can hardly imagine. Ani, don't you ever get so baqd again, or I swear I don't know what I'll do.. Oh, wait a minute, maybe I'll make you suffer in my fic as punishment, MUAHAHAHAHAAHAHA.

Ok, no, let's calm down, and wait for a new post. More soon I hope :D

MTF (and inspiration) BWY

Elanor

11. Galactic_Girl

Galactic_Girl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Wonderful, loving father/son post. :D

Glad to see this updated! Hope you update again soon; I shall wait with upmost patience though. [face_peace]

12. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jun 27, 2003
    [Young Frankenstein]"ITS ALIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE!!!"[/Young Frankenstein]

[face_dancing] =D= [face_dancing] =D= [face_dancing] =D= [face_dancing] =D=

Well welcome back!

[:D] [:D] [:D]

Great set-up for the opening of the chapter! Now for that, you'll not be permitted to let the story go until you've finished it!

o_O [face_laugh]

I've just got to see how Luke ended up the that situtation!

:eek:

But poor Anakin, I can't see how he isn't going to project himself onto Luke for the rest of his life! In Anakin eyes Luke is a Mini-Anakin.

:( o_O

Great to have you back and happy writing!

:D

13. Venus_Star2-com

Venus_Star2-com Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    add me to your PM list.....i don't want to miss any parts...and its alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rachel

14. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    Hugs [:D] , what a lovely chapter!! I'm so happy that you could write another chapter!!! I'm so happy with this!! and to know that Qui-Gon was there all the time!!!, wow, wow, wow!!!
    More, more, more!! please!!! be well and take care.

15. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jun 27, 2003
    Oh, one more thing. Thanks for bring "The Bod" back!!!

[face_laugh] ;) :p

16. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    I'm not TJM so... :D
    :eek: :eek: :eek: ]-}

A POST!!!!!!! :eek:

:D Fantastic!

A post with Qui-Gon! YESSSSS! :)

17. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    [face_hypnotized] I must be seeing things!!!!!! A post? <faints> :D

Phew, now that the paramedics have left after reviving me, I can provide some feedback. [face_laugh]

Very nicely done. It seems that some of the burdens are switching from Anakin over to Luke. I think that Luke is sensing some of the threats in the future -I'm guessing the Vong invasion. What's more Anakin is sensing the danger ahead too. I liked how the older Luke thinks back and compares himself to his father and Obi-Wan.

So, Qui-Gon is projecting himself around Luke -for lack of a better term- if I read that right? It's very nice that Qui-Gon is there for Luke -and Anakin- but it certainly was an oversight on his part not to warn Anakin beforehand. Qui-Gon knows that when it comes to protecting his children, Anakin can get a little....zealous. LOL Oh well, no harm done and now Anakin can relax a little.

As for training the children, will Anakin be doing that himself? Personally, I don't think he would be the best person for that. He's their father, and it thus far too close to be an objective teacher. (Plus, if they're anything like he was, he'd end up in the Healer's mental ward after a week). I think Obi-Wan and Yoda would be better masters for the twins. I think Anakin would want that too, as he's still wary of his fall to the Dark Side. Working together, Obi-Wan and Yoda would be fine masters for the twins. Plus, it would let Yoda be able to feel he's played a part in the creation of the New Jedi Order.

Anakin feels Luke is just like him? Hmmmm. That's not necessarily a bad thing. So long as he -when older- doesn't try to use "Sand is rought, not soft like you..." as a pick-up line on Mara, he'll be fine. [face_laugh]

BTW, when will Obi-Wan and/or Sabe be making more appearances?

Oh, what form of lightsaber combat will the twins be taught first? Will it be the Ataro form that Yoda and Qui-Gon utilise? The Djem-So style that Anakin has always favoured? The Soresu style that Obi-Wan mastered after Qui-Gon's death? Or, as battles with Sith are coming up that will require saber to saber fighting, the Makashi style that Dooku mastered. (Makashi was a classical fencing style that fell into disuse as the Jedi found almost all their opponents, prior to the invasion of Naboo, used blasters against them. However, with the now high likelihood of battles with other lightsaber wielders is coming up, it would be a most useful style to learn and teach). For Makashi, Yoda would be the only to teach it, as he's the only Jedi who was in the Order when it was commonly taught.

Can't wait for the next update. =D=

18. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    Thanks for all the replies, everyone! Yeah, this board is still alive!!!

And welcome to all the new readers / former lurkers / newbies, in case I didn't say hey and thanks for reading before now. I'm afraid i won't remember all your names right away, or reply directly to your comments, but give me time and i'll get it down! :D

[face_hypnotized] Lightsaber forms...err...yeah, I so considered that. Ummm...let me get back to you on that.

Vong invasion? Probably not.

The training of the twins: most likely not to be discussed at any point. We're coming up to an end within the next chapter or the one after that, and while i might have a general epiloge at the end, covering the span of a few years, there's not going to be anything specific as who trained who.

Yes, Yoda will return shortly. Not the next post, but probably the one after that. As will Obi-wan, as i can't live without him for every long. Sabe, i haven't quite pinpointed her return to the fic yet, but i do know she's coming back. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow...and i can't remember what comes next in that quote. Bear with me, it's three in the morning here.

Ummm...what was i going to say next?

Ah, that first part with Luke. Um, i have no idea where that came from, actually. It seemed an interesting and revelevant beginning, and helped me move into the scene. I do know, now, what happens and how i'm going to use it. And yes, Luke is about to be executed in that scene. As for what happens, whether or not he lives, and just what the bloody hell it has to do with the rest of the post, you'll have to find out next time.

Also, i don't quite remember saying in there that Anakin saw Luke as a mini-me (damn you, Austin Powers, that phrase will forever be awkward, thank you very much!) its more along the lines of he is afraid of a Dark force influencing his son, not so much Luke following down the dark path himself. Or something like that. I would have to reread it so as to further this argument. Why do i try to write replies this late at night/early in the morning? Who can possibly function coherently at this hour with no caffeeine? I can't even spell that word!!!

What on earth was i saying?!

*sigh* I don't remember. It will have to wait for the next post. That's right, the next post, as in, there will actually be another one following this one. And i will throw my shoe at anyone who cracks any type of 'Kee' or late-posting jokes following this message. I will do more than toss my shoe, I will (read carefully here, TJM) make sure Obi and Sabe never get together! I will kill her off on some random, non-crucial mission and then during a happy, family scene, have Obi-wan learn about it! So there! Na! *sticks out tongue* :p

No, that's too cruel. I'll just throw the shoe.

Anyways. Happy Coming Out Week, belated, for those of you who know/care. And good luck on up coming midterms, to those of you, whom, like myself, suffer throuhg yet another year of bored-to-tears college courses. So, till next time, cheers.

Caslia

19. Darth_Polemic

Darth_Polemic Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2005
    TJM, you are so going to get it!

He told me there were threats waiting for me from readers! Not new fans and people begging for a post!

Hi Shining Star! This is a new fan who doesn't think that any readers will threathen you for writing such an enjoyable story. If you do update notifications I would greatly appreciate being added to the list. Anyways I'll be watching for new updates to this story from now on.

20. JediElanor

Mar 20, 2003
    *enters in the thread*

Hello everyone!!!

*looks around to see a deserted thread (cactus and sand dunes included), and watches a desert brush pass by her pushed by the wind*

Wow, this place is EMPTY!!! *listens to the echo of her voice*

Hmm.... what do I see here??? ONE MONTH since the last up??? My god! This is a tragedy! I'm all alone!!! and so are you Caslia if I'm the only one that posts around here for a whole month. So you know what you must do... POST a new chapter!!! or at least part of the chapter, PLEASE!!! I can't wait to see what happens next!!! So please please please please please please post soon!

*sits down and starts waiting for a new post*

Elanor

P.S. And you readers, you should be ashamed of not being here threatening Caslia for her to get a new post written... shame on you!

21. Erin_21

May 27, 2005
    Mmmmm do you think it'll be wise to threat Caslia??? maybe she'll get scared??, oh well, is not like she's updating anyway!! :_| so... Caslia!!! come and write or I'll... I'll... [face_thinking] mmmm I'll... I have no idea what I'll do but it'll be awful!!! [face_peace] yeah, that'll work :D.
    Hugs!!! write soon please!! be well and take care.

22. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    Threatening does not work. Lots of pleading and offers of chocolate and other goodies does, however. Feel free to shower me in nummy treats.

Despite leaving off at such an interesting scene (for me at least, I don?t know about the rest of you, as you are still sorta in the dark about just about what?s going on at the moment) I haven?t been able to find the time to write a post. And, as usual, with a long delay between posts, I get sloppy and distracted and become uninterested in trying to write the next one.

That very well might have occurred here, for what must be the hundredth time, if not for the fact I have a wonderfully sinister moment with Obi-wan planned for sometime in the future. Unfortunately, I have to finish this scene first, so as to fill you and Anakin in on just what in the Force is going on! Because, no, he doesn?t know either. Only Qui-gon and I know?and TJM kinda knows, but he might have forgotten by now, as I told him months ago. If you recall, I promised an interesting twist in the typical Anakin redemption story. Well, this is it. :D Enjoy.

P.S. It starts the same, so don?t get confused and think this is a repost.

Chapter Seven:

The Failed Prophecy

Four years after Rebirth of the Light. . .

?A shot would ring out, and Luke would close his eyes, willing to accept death and, for now, failure, knowing that to do otherwise, to block with his blade, would surely mean the death of the others with him. The death of his own young apprentice. If they were to attempt to fight, and they would if Luke ignited his saber, they would all be killed.
    But the death was not be his. The commander clasping the blaster in a sudden death grip would crumple before him. The others would fumble for their weapons, for a target, for the unseen enemy. Where before, defense would have meant death, now Luke would reach for his saber, as those around him, loyal Jedi all, would do the same. The sound of their harmonious hum would drown out the sudden barrage of blaster fire as Han, arriving late in his usual heroic fashion, would race to the rescue of his brother-in-law.

Letting memories of nighttime spectral visits fall away into the past, Luke would join in the battle, defending home and friends from a familiar foe. In the midst of battle, the two would meet, learned Jedi and once-scruffy smuggler, to stand back to back.

?Jeez, kid! Nearly gave me a heart attack! What were you going to do, just let the bastard shoot you??

?If it was the will of the Force.?

?Oh, don?t give me that crap!? Han would shout, raising his blaster to take down a trooper charging in their direction. With a flash of his blue saber, Luke would disarm three opponents and good-naturedly roll his eyes. ?You and the Jedi are gonna pull through this. Just like you do everything else, and not because of some mystic power ?willing it.??

?You make your own destiny.?

?That?s right.? They would step apart; allow a round of blaster shots to go flying between them. ?Glad you?re finally learning something useful!? Han would call before disappearing again into the firefight. Sighing in that amused, long-suffering manner he imaged his uncle adopted after years with the elder Jedi Skywalker, Luke would follow after his childhood friend, grinning all the while.

Had it been any other night, any of time but this, Luke knew his father would have known immediately that he was there. Anakin didn?t have to be a Jedi to sense his son?s presence; any parent knows when their child lingers in a shadowed hallway after being sent to bed. Any other night, Anakin would have come around the corner grinning, scoop Luke up in his arms, and carry him back to bed. As he was set down among the soft sheets, Luke would cling to his father, feeling safe in his arms, even as his young mind was barraged by images of things he?d rather not see, rather not know.

But tonight, he remained unseen, unnoticed. And the reason for those images, that knowledge that gave Luke his sight and

23. qtrhrs78

qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    Awesome update! Well worth the wait!

24. Erin_21

May 27, 2005
    I'm so totally, completly and absolutly amazed!!! yeah!!! the awful is dead!! he's totally gone!!! Qui-Gon is kind of back!! Any can be happy and himself again!! you just made me really happy!!! thanks, thanks, for this chapter and all the story!! I'm going to need to re-read it... again ;) just so I can get everything!! is this close to the end or there is a lot more coming?? let me know ok :D.
    Hugs!!! [:D]
    Be well and take care.

25. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    =D= Bravo, I read all of it and I love it. I really like the plot with Anakin first being DV and then getting healed. I love the interaction with the kids. I just have one thing to say--please finish what you started with Anakin and Padme. You have built up all of this wonderful tension between the two characters and you still have them sleeping in different bedrooms. Please put them and us out of our misery. Thanks. Great job, also I really want to see a scene with Obi and Sabe finally admitting they love each other. I was really shocked when Boba Fett killed Palps. Yikes, what a twist.:eek: Wonderful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.