main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rebirth of the Light - The Years Between (Anakin Skywalker AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Shinning_Star, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    So Fett killed the old corpse!! That is so awesome!! More soon please and add me to your PM list if you have one!

2. Galactic_Girl

Galactic_Girl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    *is in a emoicon mood*

=D= =D=

[face_peace]

3. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
  4. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
    Thanks for all the replies everybody!

More soon!
    Caslia :D

5. JediElanor

JediElanor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    Hello,

Calsia, what a great post, I LOVED it. I know I didn't answer quickly... I read the thing and I was so shocked that it took me this long to catch my breath and post.

I love the revelation Qui-Gon made, but I just don't seem to understand why Ani wouldn't speak of his nightmares... He spoke about them to Obi and Padme before he turned, so why is it that now all of a sudden he has to keep everything for himself...

Anyways, I'm hoping for more soon :)

And if I get too bored I'll start reading everything from the start over again, including the original ROTL... So please, don't let me get THAT board, or I'll become obsessed all over again... So please post soon!!!

Elanor

6. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    FYI, here's a great Anakin Redemption fic on fanfiction.net to tide you over while you wait for me to post. I really like it because its mostly Obi-wan POV AU post-RotS, in which Obi can't bring himself to leave Anakin on the banks of that lava river. I know that's a pretty popular story for fics these days, but this one is well-written and interesting, with only one and very likeably OC character, and some good angst for the Obi/Ani/Padme family. And the author posts pretty often! *gasp* I know! Unbelievable!

A Resolution Between Shadows and Light

:D
    Caslia

7. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Actually, that fic is up here at the Jedi Council Boards.

That makes it far, far easier to post feedback.

Here's the link

http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/22145024/p1/?293

8. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    And finally, here is my feedback for the latest chapter.

It was amazing. I had not forgotten the plot twist revealed in it, I just never really agreed with it. LOL

Han saving Luke? I honestly think Luke could have stopped the laser bolt without his saber. Supposedly Jedi -if they're strong enough- can stop laser bolts by just using the Force. (It's supposed to be painful, but effective).

A blue-bladed lightsaber? Yay! My favourite. Does Luke use Anakin's old saber now, or did he build his own? (You notice that in ROTJ, his lightsaber resembles that of Obi-Wan, his first master).

As for Luke's not speaking for so long, I'm figuring that it was because he was speaking with Qui-Gon, using the Force. He just never thought to speak out verbally as he'd gotten into the habit of speaking in the Force. I always thought Luke and Qui-Gon would get along very well. They've very similar people. They each have compassion for all and are resolute in causes that others think are lost ones.

Nice touch on Anakin's wondering if Qui-Gon could sit. It's a rather logical thing to wonder about.

Ah, Qui-Gon doesn't have to read Anakin's mind to know what he's thinking. Qui-Gon had spent a lifetime (and now more than a lifetime) dealing with being in negotiations. He's likely learned to read body language and also is adept at basic psychology. (It's not like Anakin is a hard person to analyze. LOL)

Love how Qui-Gon is explaining how he was able to retain his presence in the Force. I wish Lucas had explained it all better in ROTS canon.

Yeah, Luke is very special in terms of his abilities. In a way, he's got the best of both worlds. He has Anakin's Force abilities...combined with Padme's common sense and patience.

Anakin still doesn't think he can trust himself? He needs to get over that. He can't help rebuild the Jedi until he's fully able to trust himself as a Jedi again.

So, Anakin has finally been told of what would have happened if he hadn't turned back to the Light Side when he did. I liked how he had such mixed feelings to what the original plan had been. As horrified as he was about it, he realized that -considering the circumstances- it was the best plan they had to work with.

Ah, so his turning back DID have huge ramifications throughout the galaxy. I still have trouble with Boba Fett actually being able to pull it off. I would have thought that either Palpatine would have sensed him, or some security measures would have stopped him. I guess Palpatine might never have figured on a suicide-bomber type of attack against him.

Or maybe, that type of behaviour was hardwired into Boba Fett the way Order 66 was into the rest of the clones. (Thus, why the Jedi never sensed what was about to happen...There was no hatred or deception coming from the clones. It was all business, none of it was personal).

So, Palpatine is dead -for now. (As he's apparently cloned himself back to life before). But, the Empire remains -and all of its military might. Not to mention there are dozens of other Emperor-wannabes who are just as ruthless, only they don't have the Force to assist them. Tarkin is a prime example.

Their first priority is to prepare for the inevitable construction of the Death Star.

Second, bring Obi-Wan back into the picture...ASAP. (Luke should start training with his master. LOL)

Third, we want Sabe back!!! :D

=D= Great post. Can't wait for the next one. Will that finally have some Sabewan stuff in it?

9. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    *sigh* It's exam time here at college. We will return to our normally schedule reasons for delay later. Please stay tuned. Thank you.

No, Obi/Sabe is not in the next post. I'm having problems bringing the two of them together again. Anakin is getting in the way of their relationship, if you can believe that. Nevermind, you'll see later. It's not as bad as it sounds. Besides, its not like they're NOT going to end up together. Come on, you know I'm a hopeless romantic. [face_love]

Caslia

10. Galactic_Girl

Galactic_Girl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    College Exams. Yes, indeed, it is that time of year again. *Dun* *Dun* Dun* One week of pure test fever and then a much need Holiday Break. I am juggling four exams this semester myself. :rolleyes:

May the Force be with you and best of luck! :) @};- Looking foward to the post-finale of exams and the next installment to this story! [face_peace]

11. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    *Caslia strolls onto the boards humming holiday music and carrying a big bag over her shoulder*

Hey, everyone! Hope everyone is doing well, not stuck in a snow storm somewhere without computer access. Me, I'm back in Taiwan for my winter break, filling the house with that wonderful freshly-baked cookie smell and getting ready to write a post or two. Can't wait, always love sitting in front of the tree with a cup of coca and a labtop.

*hangs garland over each post, and tucks misletoe around each icon. Places a candy cane next to everyone's name. Lights candles, and places plates of cookies out for her readers to enjoy*

Well, I've got some work to do, a few friends to visit that I haven't seen since the summer, and then we'll find out what Anakin plans to do with all this new information. Untill then, I'm going to leave this bag here *drops it and stand back as the floor groans under the weight* and you can each come up and pull out of it whatever it is you most want for the holidays, but know no one would ever buy for you. I will warn you, if you pull out a yaght, it can't stay on this board. There's just not enough room to accomidate everyone. Hopefully, these little trinkets will keep you occupied till i can get the post up. Go on, use your imagination!

ttfn!
    ~christmas hat~ Caslia

12. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Whoa, I finally caught up. Awesome work :) I need to get to bed now before I fall aseep in front of the computer.

13. JediElanor

Mar 20, 2003
    Hey Caslia!!!

Glad to know you're finally having some vacation... hope the exams went well.

Hmmmmm, now, how about this bag of gifts... *pulls out several new posts for each fic she's been reading* Now, that seems nice!!! And it includes yours, by the way. So hurry up and post!!!

Actually, what I'd like is to have my best friend over for Christmas, but that can't be done since she's going to spend the holidays with her family at her grandfather's place in France... so it seems I won't be seeing her for a long time still. I guess it'll be a year or so :( (She's studying in Madrid...)

Also, there are a lot of TV series I'd like on DVD, but I guess I'll wait until I have the money for it.

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone, and if I don't post again by then, a Happy New Year too!

Elanor

14. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    Yeah! A three day weekend coming up! Time to sit back and watch from Tv!

*sees glaring readers*

Or, um, you know, time to sit down and work on that post i promised back during holiday break. Okay, okay, i'm cool with that. I'll get right on it.

*opens the sack she left and finds Spike and Obi-wan, each wrapped up in bright red bows so they can't escape.* Aww! You guys shouldn't have! :p

Caslia

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh my! I didn't realize this had been updated. After dinner I'm coming back to read the posts I missed! ACK! :eek:

I can't wait! [face_dancing]

16. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jun 27, 2003
  17. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    So, here it is. Despite all the other things I have to be doing?a post. Can you believe it? I know I can?t. (I know TJM can?t either, he?s always teasing me about how long it takes these days to get any post up.) For those of you who might be interested in what?s going on in my life that keeps me so busy, I?m going to update my bio, and you can check it out to see what ol? Caslia has driving her loco.

Okay, we?re getting close to the end now, so I need the votes to start coming in on whether people want this to be slash or not. Can?t make the decision on my own, now can? oh wait?sorry, wrong fic. *grins*

Nevermind. [face_innocent]

Final Note: There are only one or two more posts in The Failed Prophecy. I know I said this would be the last chapter?but things never turn out the way you plan. That?s something I?m sure you?re all well aware of. So, without further delay?

Chapter Seven:

The Failed Prophecy

Four years after Rebirth of the Light. . .

There were days when he longed for the quiet of the Jedi Temple, the serene peace that could be found with the least effort. It waited around every corner, in gardens and libraries, places long lost. Among the bustling hum that Home One had become in the past months, there were few refuges where even a general hush could be found. Every hanger, every room, every surrounding village, was filled with the activities of people preparing for war.

And yet, among the mass pandemonium, Obi-wan felt incredibly alone.

It was not a feeling he was used to, not after having spent the least four?no, almost five years now, with the Skywalker family. His family. There had always been someone close at hand: Anakin, Padme, one of the twins in need of something or simply wanting to spend time with their uncle. Even when they had been occupied, there had been the droids. It seemed that after so many years spent as a member of a close-knit group, and before that an eternal half of the Kenobi-Skywalker team, Obi-wan had become somewhat unused to being alone.

He wasn?t without responsibility. The constant influx of new rebels, the demands of the Council, and his quest to pave the way for the returning Jedi Order left him with plenty of things to occupy his time.

There just wasn?t anyone to share it with.

?Buck up, Kenobi. There are worse things than a diplomatic mission to Ohna.? Jan smirked through the planetary holo at the General. ?And if you don?t believe me, I could remind you of a few. Including staying here and eating a month?s worth of station rations.?

Obi-wan managed a weak grin. ?I have to admit, I have become concerned. That unidentifiable white mush they serve daily has actually become appealing as far as seconds are concerned. Do you think I might have developed a taste for Tantar intestines??

?If that?s what they?re serving us.?

When this received nothing more than a shallow nod in response, Solik frowned and set down the datapad she had been going over and made her way around the holo table. The briefing room in which they had held the discussion concerning the pending trip to Ohna was now completely empty save for the two of them. Through the last couple of months, Jan had discovered Obi-wan was more likely to speak openly with her when they were alone. A quiet trust had grown between them, partly to do with their constant, almost parental concern over the now absent Skywalker, and partially out of lack of any others to turn to. His drool banter had amused her, but this hushed and easy dismissal had her feeling concerned for this particular Jedi as well.

?General??

?Hmm??

He didn?t look up from the datapads that described the economic relations Ohna had with nearby planets. A clear sign he was trying to distract himself. ?You want to talk about it, or should I just leave you and the pad alone to discuss the merits of galatically trading Diremet skins??

Gray eyes glanced up, confused, then melted into pools of liquid fatigue, in which Jan could see th

18. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Nice post, I really like this one, I hope you post again soon.[face_praying]

19. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    Thanks, Darth Buddy. There'll be more up sometime later this week, hopefully. It will get back to the issue of the Failed Prophecy, i just needed a little scene in there with Obi-wan. And the arrival of Jedi and return of Sabe was needed to move the story along. More interesting things will certainlly occur in the next post.

:D Caslia :D

20. Across-the_Stars

Across-the_Stars Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Its back[face_dancing]! I started reading this and ROTL a couple months back, and love them[face_love]. I just love AU's were Ani gets a chance to be happy with Padme and the twins, and yours is definatly one of the best i've read.
    I'm so glad you finally updated that I had to delurk to ask you to please continue[face_praying][face_praying]. Also if you could possibly PM me when you do?

21. JediElanor

Mar 20, 2003
    A Post.... A POST!!!!!!!!

YAY

*jumps around from sheer joy*

and such a good one too! I can't wait to get more!!! Yoda's here, there are Jedis around, AND Sabé's back!!! I can't believe this!!! This is too good to be true! :D I LOVE it!

Well, better calm down, but I still want MORE!!! and SOON!!!!

See you later!!!

Elanor

22. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jun 27, 2003
    :eek:

The story lives!?!?!?!?

[face_dancing] [:D] [face_dancing] [:D] [face_dancing] [:D] [face_dancing] [:D] [face_dancing] [:D]

Bless you!!! Bless you!!! Bless you!!! Bless you!!! Bless you!!!

We mised you!

You brought back Sabe. That was soooooooooo sweet of you. I was worrying for our favorite Jedi Master. I'm not forgetting Yoda. Thanks for that one too!

So Cool
    :cool:

23. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Happy Easter all, and awesome post.

I thought it was very realistic that Obi-Wan was missing the Temple so much. It was essentially his life for over thirty-five years. (I mean, when he wasn't on missions it was the only home he'd ever really had). (He probably would have benefitted from a visit by Qui-Gon around that time).

I think that Yoda arrived with the other Jedi survivors at exactly the right time. Clearly their arrival is just what Obi-Wan needed, in almost every way. (i.e. Gives him a new purpose in rebuilding the Order, as well as gives him other Jedi to talk to. I think that when it comes to Force-sensitive individuals, it would be hard for them to really be able to describe it to those who don't feel it themselves.)

As for the Jedi survivors, I'm guessing that they were Jedi who survived Order 66 (either they successfully defended themselves against the clone attacks, or they weren't around their troops when the order came in). Apparently they've all realized that the old Code is pretty much a bygone thing and realize that's a plus. (In the ROTS novelization, Yoda -at the end- is meditating and belatedly realizes that the Order should have changed and evolved ages ago. He now realizes that the old way is not necessarily the only way or the best way). Will there be a scene where Yoda -as nominal head of the Order, as he's the senior surviving member of the Council- officially says that the the old Jedi Code, and -in fact- the old Jedi Order are gone. It's up to them to build a New Jedi Order for a new era in the galaxy. It would be interesting to see him give that speech, as well as the reaction from the Jedi (i.e. seeing the reactions between older Jedi who might still think the old way is better, and younger Jedi who feel it's time for changes.

And Sabe.......Ah, finally returned, has she. I can't wait to see Yoda's take on their relationship in the next chapter. I do think, though, that Obi-Wan should think of losing the beard. It would make him look years younger.

Great work, and can't wait for the next post.

24. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    Any chance this story might be updated? I'd like to see how it ends.

25. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    Its been almost 2 months and I'm afraid I have forgotten most of this story. Please update soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.