main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rebirth of the Light - The Years Between (Anakin Skywalker AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Shinning_Star, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Yoda! :mad: :mad: :mad:
    I'd like to see someone saying some truths to the green troll about himself. I've got the feeling that poor Obi couldn't be clear enough. Padme perhaps? [face_devil]
    But Obi is getting better and better every time. I am starting to love Obi.

2. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I like that post! It was so sweet yet tense. IT WAS AWESOME! Is there gonna be any "Ani angst/Obi comforts him" in the next post?

3. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    I want to see Yoda come back to help Anakin at some point.

I think Yoda was thinking primarily of the children and what he perceived as the greater good.

He did bring up a valid point. Palpatine could track them there. Perhaps they should think of getting some ysalmiri for protection.

4. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Some points to defend the "old, green, troll" :)
    -it is harder for old people to accept change or to forgive (the older they are, the harder it gets, and he is 900)
    -I have a suspicion that Yoda was meditating, looked into the future and into Caslia's mind, read her plans for this fic :D and has very good reason to say to Anakin "Over, your suffering is not." ;)

Still, I think he forgets that the words "safety" and "safe" have got a very relative meaning when used it in a Skywalker... :D

And I loved to see Yoda loosing his temper a bit (beating Vader's helmet with his stick- it was not just for fun like it was in ESB) In my mind it makes him a more 3D character.

Jedi Order and tradition ... hm... Obi-Wan's choice was really against them?! Or was it another, renewed form of the acient Master-Padawan bond- when his friend and apprentice came back from Darkness though it has never happened before? Which is stronger? The hatred of the Jedi towards the Sith or the Force bond?

:D LOL, if anyone asks me what AU means, I will answer that AU is a certain type of universe where Obi-Wan questions Yoda's judgement and walk into a possible danger without his lightsaber ("This weapon is your life!!!!!" :D :p )

Obi-Wan calles him "Darth"... I wonder why? Because he's worried that Anakin would walk away and the Dark Lord would not? Or to try to explain his former apprentice that it doesn't matter that he is a Sith?

Great job!! :)

Hmm, I think you've realised that I'm a big fan of this fic :)

5. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
    Thanks everyone! :D

What, TJM? no deeper analyizing of this post? Or are you just waiting to corner me on chat? ;)

Actaully, I'd like to say I am quite proud of myself. *pats herself on the back* I 'strongly dislike' Yoda, and yet, there was no Yoda-bashing.

Seriously, in RotL and Sos, even though I paint him as being very negative about Anakin's redemption, I try and give him very good reasons for it, like you said. All his points are quite valid. And, I think, they all very much seem like things Yoda would be worried over. However, I am an Anakin fan, so I've already chosen my side of the arguement.

Any ways, thanks for all the replies!!! :D :D You've made my day. *passes out little green, Yoda cookies* Don't look at me like that. Eat them you will, good for you, they are! :p

Oh, and Obi-wan and his choice, which I think LadyZ commented on, his choice was more along the lines of seeing Anakin through a new light and accepting who he is and that he's changed OR seeing him merely as a Jedi sees a Sith, and therefore knowing the duty that is expected of him. Sorry, was that not clear enough? ?[face_plain]

Got another post coming up. I'm extremely happy with this. Bring tissues! It's angsty! And evil! [face_devil] and my favorite so far, so be forewarned!!!

Hehe
    Caslia

6. Allyjw007

Allyjw007 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
    Ahh!! Caslia's trying to poison us with Yoda cookies!! *runs far, far away* ;)

7. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    I'm waiting to corner you in chat. :D

Why don't you have a later chapter where Yoda returns and tells Anakin that he was actually mistaken.

As LadyZ pointed out, Yoda IS 900 years old. And, older people have trouble accepting newer ideas.

How about Anakin prove that Yoda was incorrect, and Yoda comes to apologize to him?

8. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    :eek:

I knew it!!!!

TJM, I couldn't finish reading your whole reply. In fact, I barely read any of it. I got to the first line, read it, and died. [face_laugh] I laughed so hard it hurt!!!

[face_laugh] HAHA! Hehehehe... [face_laugh]

:p Oooo...I think I sprained something. :D

Okay, see you on the chat :p
    Caslia

*starts laughing again, so that she can't control the mouse to hit 'post'*

9. JediElanor

JediElanor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    Wow, cool post...

I like how Obi tries to convince Anakin to stay and ends up saying Yoda is wrong and stuff... Don't you just hate this little troll??? :D

Well still working hard for the rest of the week so I'll try to check in as often as I can...

Thanks Caslia, you made my day again...
    MTFBWY

Elanor

10. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000
    [face_laugh] Oh, and Obi-wan and his choice, which I think LadyZ commented on, his choice was more along the lines of seeing Anakin through a new light and accepting who he is and that he's changed OR seeing him merely as a Jedi sees a Sith, and therefore knowing the duty that is expected of him. Sorry, was that not clear enough? :D :D :D :D :D Hey, first I thought I understood what you wanted to say... now I'm not really sure ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

11. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Why can't Yoda come back and apologize?

12. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving this up.

13. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000
    And Up! :D

14. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    WHERE'S THE POST?!?!!?! I NEED ANI H/C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    TJM - Yoda will come back. I didn't say he wouldn't. I meant I was laughing at your dry sense of humor considering you cornering me. ;)

Diamond_pony - Ah! Angry readers! :p Hehe. Don't worry. Soon, soon.

Have you all got your tissues?
    Caslia

16. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000
    *preparing a large pile of tissues* :D

17. JediElanor

JediElanor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    Oh no!!! I will need tissues??? Oh, that means my patience will once again dissolve, does it??? Caslia, do you do this on purpose??? You are really trying to get me to be another one of your impatient readers, are you? I hope not because IT WILL NOT WORK!!! Uh, maybe it will but I won't say it did, I will keep it to myself... Anyways, I'll keep checking as often as I can spare, which means about once every two days... Damn Jazz Festival... I'm working too hard... Or maybe I wasn't working hard enough before... Well, whatever it is I'll be checking in and I'm expecting a post, but not forcing you to write one, just take your time...

Well see you later!!!

Elanor

18. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    Sorry, Elanor, don't mean to make you impatient. ;) Am I good at that, or what?

Again, sorry. I don't really feel up to posting right now. I've got myself all in knots. I just had to admit something very hard to someone, and am terrified about what they'll say, considering they might decide to no longer be my friend over it. And I think I might be stupid enough to be in love with him. And...why am I tell this to you guys? Haha! [face_laugh] I've gone insane, I think.

Any ways, when I get the reply back, in the next day or two, I'll put the post up. Maybe before that. I might need it to boost up my self confidence again.

*sigh* Love is so hard.
    Caslia

19. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000
    Please don't expect us to give some "good advice" - I've always been hopeless in situation like that :) :( ;)

Love is so hard Tell me about it ;)

BTW, I don't think it'll be much of a motivation to post, still I'll go on a 2 weeks holiday to Sweden on Saturday - so I'm afraid I shall disappear from this boards for some time... :)

20. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    *grabs hold on LadyZ* Oh, no. NO vanishing from the boards. I will not have any more readers go 'poof!'. ;) No matter how far you run, we'll always find you. Star Wars has that effect on people.

As for advice...how about just a cookie? :(

I've got a dentist appointment today...

"GAAAAHHH!!!" *Caslia runs out the door, a dentist with a drill following close behind.*

...and should be home to post by this afternoon. So don't disappear too soon, LadyZ. ;)

Caslia

21. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    I din't know why I'm having such a hard time staying up to date with this fic. I love it, and yet I keep falling behind!!!

Rant over... I loved the scenes between Obi and Ani. As usual, I hated Yoda. Stupid know it all sithly swamp troll...

22. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    WOOOOHHHHHHOOOOO!!!!!

Pass out the tissues, the posts and the cookies! It is time for an update! Who was is who said love conqures all? A toast to him; he was right!!!

Okay, here we go. :D

Strangely enough, I had a lot of trouble writing this scene.

I had to seek help from a number of loyal readers. Thanks to all of them who replied and offered their aid. And if I didn?t ask for yours (Kithana, Jen, Elanor; a number of others) please, don?t feel bad. I didn?t want to ruin the surprise of having added to Rebirth of the Light. I hope you understand.

I can?t explain why this scene was so hard! Usually, I jump at the chance to write something so full of angst. I hope it all turned out right. I?m a little worried about that.

And I had this great spooky intro written to this whole chapter, relating to the storm. But it was kinda weighting on me, cuz it sorta changed the whole voice of my writing. I wrote the first post under that intro?s spooky influence, so tell me if it seems to clash with the rest.

Okay, that?s enough. You?re not here to hear me complain about my editing problems. Moving right along...Part 5 of Chapter One, The Days Following...just in case, you know, in all my ramblings you forgot just why you were here in the first place. :D

Continuation of Chapter One:

The Days Following

Immediately following Rebirth of the Light...

Nightmares.

A constant during sleep. There is no escape from the visions they force upon the mind. Reminders of the past, shifting, uncertain shadows of the future. Lingering in the subconscious when you wake.

Anakin Skywalker knew nightmares all to well.

His own were far more gruesome then other?s. As well they should be. He would dream of a Tattooine night, of blood spilt in the hazy light of desert fires. Or of screams rising up from his own imagined hell, where the innocent cry the knowledge of the Damned. Or of a mask, cut of ebony. This same mask, looming over the fallen form of an angel, wings broken, feathers torn.

It is no wonder, on such a night.

Great roars of thunder, the silent crash of lightening, pierce the formerly peaceful room where he laid. A dark form upon a bed of silk. Beside him, the angel stirred.

But Anakin could no longer sleep.

These dreams, these nightmares, refused to allow him rest. Not the dreams of a burning desert, or of death. Or even the memories of the day he murdered an angel. No, these he had lived with for some time now. These, he was familiar with. Had overcome, to some extend, so that he might glean some few hours of sleep.

But now, there are new nightmares. They were brought to life only a week ago, when he realized the true extent of the threat he imposed upon two innocents.

His children.

These new nightmares were far crueler than their predecessors. Perhaps it is because they were of a possible future, while the others had been of the past. Crimes he could not undo. Sins long ago committed. But these?each new dream worse than the last. Dreams of blue lightening, of a city in the clouds and of a great moon of metal that hung above all worlds, threatening their very existence.

Skywalker don?t understand these dreams. Nor does he have to. The only question that comes to his mind, as he lay there awake, hour after hour, is if these events would be the result of his leaving...or remaining with his family?

The Force had no answer for him. It was as silent as the lightening.

The lightening. It bathed his broken body in momentarily brilliant light. But this only made his darkness all the more obvious. He was like a living shadow, his rumbling breathe filling the emptiness.

And then, through the darkness, a new sound reached his ears.

He had heard it before. After nearly two weeks, it had become as familiar to him as the sound of his wife?s voice. It was one of the twins, Leia, crying.

Rising slowly as to not disturb the slumbering angel, Anakin faded into the shadows...

23. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Poor Ani! I wonder how many times I've said that.......................who cares. That was a great post! The poor little baby! It's head crushed? Eww... But most importantly, POOR ANI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Wow, Anakin was really something to be feared when he was Vader. It's painfull evident that he has a lot things to make up for. So, he's the one who took Mara to be the Emperor's Hand? I always had the impression that it was Palpatine that was responsible for Mara's parents being killed.

Perhaps a path on his road to redemption could be to try and save her from Palpatine.

I like the part about the dreams of blue lightening, Cloud City and the Death Star. Although, the lightening could also be a memory of his first encounter with Count Dooku.

BTW, will you let us know whatever became of Dooku?

25. jendiggity

jendiggity Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    yes, caslia, you are very very evil.

of course, that's why we love you so much :D :D

melikes the angsty! *cackles evilly*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.