main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rebirth of the Light - The Years Between (Anakin Skywalker AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Shinning_Star, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    You are no more evil than you portrayed Vader to be at his worst, and I feel you did an awesome job of it. First off showing his flashbacks, and how he hates himself now for the past he cannot undo. But there are many ways to repent, And the love he is recieving from his family will help him on his way. I'm loving this story! Keep it coming!

--later--

2. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Don't worry, I'm still here... :)

:_| :_| :_| Stupid Sith!!!!! :_|

"Dreams of blue lightening, of a city in the clouds and of a great moon of metal that hung above all worlds, threatening their very existence." Oh dear, I don't want to be Force-sensitive... :eek: (although I could see the whole Saga in my dreams as real life-action with 3D sound for free- it might be cool :D :D :D :D )

It was great that little Leia still trust him - female Skywalkers tends to show trust in perfect moments to save lives, souls, alliances...

"Or to stop them from living" - great characterization - you show us that not only Anakin's struggling, but Padme also has some problem dealing with the past- it's very normal, of course...

Now, I must say farwell guys :D see you in 2 weeks... :)

3. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    That part was so SAD! I'm not even sure who to feel sorry for! It really drove home the fact the Vader killed a lot of people, and that Ani still has to deal with what he did. I guess it just can't dissapear, it'd be too easy.

4. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving this up.

5. JediElanor

JediElanor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    Oh Wow!!! That was great Caslia!!!

I didn't get caught up with the story, feeling the lump forming in my throat until the moment when Padme came in, but wow was that good!!! You certainly know how to make me freak out on a story...

Please keep it coming... And thanks for warning me... Having put my shields up I managed to not destroy my patience in the process, but still I would LOVE it if you would post very soon, this story is so great I can't get enough of it...

See you all later!!! Whe the Jazz festival's over I'll be here much more often, at least I hope so...

MTFBWY

Elanor

6. Allyjw007

Allyjw007 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
    Again, AWWW!!! :_| I love the angstness (probably not a word, but oh well). *must remember he was under the Dark Side when he did all that stuff* Don't worry, I thought it was done very well :D For some reason, this reminds me of that scene in Episode IV where Leia is being interrogated by Tarkin and she backs up into Vader, cuz I always thought it was odd how she did that and didn't seem a bit afraid of him. Great post!

7. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
    Thanks, everyone! [face_love]

I'm glad you liked it so much. I'll send a janitor in to clean up all the tissues! ;) Any ways. Ready for the next post?

Happy 4th, to anyone who celebrates it. And um...sorry you missed all the fireworks, to anyone who doesn't. [face_blush]

:D Caslia

8. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    That was great post Caslia. :_|
    You make me cry for poor Anakin. So sad...

And Mara? Do you intend to put her in the story later? That is a thing I would love. :)

9. JediElanor

Mar 20, 2003
    Hi everyone, and Caslia in particular,

I am definately ready for more... I need to distract my mind from the fact that I am all alone now due to my family's depart in France for vacation and from the fact that I'm not going with them :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

Well, come on, Elanor, don't be down!!! You have all your friends over here that are willing to let you forget about all this sad story... The story of my life :(

Well, enough of self-pity, I'll let the job to you all, my friends, and try to see the positive side of all this... (it's the only opportunity to have a HUGE party at home... :p

Well, I'll try to concentrate on my own fic and on yours so I don't think about all this sad stuff...

MTFBWY

Elanor

10. kithana

kithana Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2002
    Caslia help I have so much stuff to do but can't do anything I'm just hovering on all the threads i should be replying to and not reading the posts or anything.

I feel so pathetic.

....Too...Much...Work...Must...Rest.

*falls asleep on keyboard*

~Kithana

11. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    *Caslia quietly tiptoes onto the boards and covers the sleeping Kithana with a blanket, then slips out unnoticed*

Shhhh...
    Caslia

12. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    **nobody notices as Thalia builds an escalator** UP!

13. kithana

Nov 12, 2002
    *falls of seat*

Oh i'm awake really i was awake all the tikme.

:p

~Kithana

14. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    I've been trying to get a post done. I have. I promise. It's just, I have a job, and I have grandparents nagging and a little brother to entertain and friends to yell at for not calling me. I'm working on it, I really am.

*turns on lullaby music*
    Caslia

15. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Aww, it's okay! ***hugs Shinning_Star*** You just do what you have to do and get your work done! We can wait! Don't worry! We'll be fine! Seriously! :)

16. kithana

Nov 12, 2002
    We'll be fine! Seriously!

Will we?

....Nooooooooooooooooo :p

*yawns...falls asleep to lullaby music*

~Kithana

17. Jesus_The_Hut

Jesus_The_Hut Jedi Master star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    Shhhhhhh Kithana is asleep! :) hmmmmm [face_mischief] Kithana.....Kithana.... KITHANA WAKE UP!!!!!!!! [face_devil] Mwahahahahahaha

so i guess i`ll be here..waiting... :)

18. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Now, Caslia, dear, did you update without informing me? I'm hurt here...! ;)

That was a very nice post! *noticing the glares from the others* Well...it was, sorta, 'cause it was really well written and angsty, and we all love angst as long a someone gives our dear Dark Lord/Jedi a big hug when he's crying...

I think I'm drunk.

Love, Kee

19. JediElanor

Mar 20, 2003
    What??? this page hasn't been upped in over 4 days!!! It's a total crime!!!! I up this!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in a strange mood today, I didn't sleep enough because my cat woke me up at 6, then the phone at 8 and finally at 9:30, then I couldn't go back to sleep so I just got up... :( Then again, I have received some VERY good news yesterday (Kee, you know what I'm talking about) and I have finally talked to my family...

Anyways, gotta go try and put some order in my thoughts in prevision of my own fanfic I'm going to write, so see you later!!!

Elanor

20. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    I just caught up with this and wow. That was great. Very good how you make where he can never fully be free of what he has done. Great writing. When are you gonna post more?

21. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
  22. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    I go away for a week and you don't even post? Shame... Shame... UP!

23. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Waiting we are all, for the post.

24. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    No post? :( :mad:
    Caslia I think you have been lazy lately. When will you be a good girl and give us the next post? :D
    Up! :)

25. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    *sigh* You're right. I need to post.

Okay. The last part of Chapter One.

Looking back now, I think I may have gotten myself in over my head. Was I serious? Eight chapters? That?s more than sixty posts! Sixty posts!! In a month and a half!!!

Hmmm?this may require some downsizing in the very near future...

Continuation of Chapter One:

The Days Following

Immediately following Rebirth of the Light...

Peace...

Calm. The Force, flowing gently around him, in harmony with the galaxy. Obi-wan sighed, finding serenity within.

The Jedi Master sat amid the tall grass, looking down from one of the rolling hills upon the little cottage where the Skywalker family lived. He would reach out, from time to time, to see that all was well with them. In the two weeks following the storm, everything had been calm. Even Anakin.

Anakin. Obi-wan?s brow creased at the thought of his former apprentice.

Padme had come to him the morning after the storm and had told him what her husband had said. Her words had broken his heart, to know that Skywalker had said those things. But at the same time, he had known it was another step toward healing.

If only it didn?t have to hurt so much.

But then, no one had ever said redemption would be easy.

At that the Jedi smiled. No had said it could even be done, much less be painless. And yet, Anakin had proved them wrong. As he had done many times in the past. It was good to have the young man back, when they had thought him all but lost. And while there were times Kenobi still wanted to brain his friend, they were closer now than they ever were before.

There were, of course, still complications.

One of them, as Yoda had stated so clearly before his departure, was that Skywalker was a Sith. But where once that name had sent shivers down his spine, Obi-wan had begun to realize that perhaps the Sith themselves were not evil, but the men they could become when drunk with power. Though Anakin still used the Darkside, though only from time to time, he didn?t use it to cause harm. There was a lack of anger in him as well.

But where that could eventually be overcome, the Darkness turned into Light, other problems didn?t have the same solution. Palpatine was one of them.

What to do about the Sith Master? Anakin refused to speak of him, shuddering and turning away shamed when the Emperor was mentioned. And sooner or later, he would find them. It was, Obi-wan knew, only a matter of time.

The other problem was not as immediate, but it could prove to be a great difficulty for the Skywalker family.

Rebels, the Force told him.

Yes, the Rebel Alliance. Though it was only newly formed, almost as young as the Empire, it had strength behind it. The worlds that refused to join the Empire or be enslaved by the new laws had sent representatives to the freedom fighters, as well as ships, personnel, and their hopes for a New Republic.

And Vader, despite having only been in the Emperor?s services a few months, was already known as a murderer and a cold-hearted monster. He was the killer of Jedi, the knight of Darkness.

Whether or not the Rebels would accept his change, would allow him to live should they ever discover Vader was no longer within the protection of the Empire, Obi-wan didn?t know. What worried Kenobi even more was knowing that Anakin would not fight back, would allow himself to be led to the gallows as long as his family was safe.

Rebels, the Force said again, far more persistent this time.

Realizing he was not alone, Obi-wan opened his eyes and looked in the opposite direction of the cottage. Squinting in the bright sunlight, the Jedi stood and looked off into the distance.

And he saw it.

Coming just over the horizon was a speeder. Two familiar faces and two guards rode toward him, coming ever closer. Rebels, Kenobi realized, his breath catching in his throat.

Rebels. Coming here.

Anakin!

Turning, his robes fluttering behind hi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.