Saga Rebirth of the Light - The Years Between (Anakin Skywalker AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Shinning_Star, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Queengodess Force Ghost

star 4
    *looks around in confusion*

Where is the post? Isn't there supposed to be a post here?

*glares at Caslia*

Didn't you just say, in the NWD-thread, there was a post waiting for me here? Did you LIE to me, Caslia?

*frowns*

Something's not right here...

Or wait...is it just that it was the last post on the page...sometimes I have trouble viewing those! *pouts*

Okay, so I can't see the post! Grand!

*stalks out of the thread, highly annoyed*
  2. kithana Jedi Knight

star 3
    *rolls eyes* its on the previous page. I haven't read it just yet.

~Kithana
  3. TorontoJediMaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Nicely done post, and quite realistic.

Anakin would have to also be wary of Alliance members who would see him as Vader -the Emperor's top henchman.

I thought he would have dealt with this by simply staying out of sight until he could get rid of, or at least change, his armour. That way, nobody would ever have to know that Anakin Skywalker was Darth Vader.

However, now that he has surrendered himself to the Alliance, I'm guessing he's got something to offer them. He was the second-in-command of the Empire, and thus would have a lot to bargain with. He would know things such as Imperial Fleet codes, ship and troop deployment schemes, routes of supply convoys and depots, possibly knowledge of any Imperial agents with the Alliance, weaknesses in Imperial ship designs, tactical battle plans, and -biggest of all- the nascent plans for the construction of the Death Star.

Overall, Anakin has a LOT to offer the Alliance -especially as they're just getting established and could use a boost like the intelligence Anakin could give them.

Don't forget, that a lot of Alliance leaders were originally Imperial officers who defected out of their distaste for the new regime. (Dodonna, Madine, etc.) So, Imperial officers defecting would not be a new thing.

There would be a problem with Alliance rank and file members. They might not trust, like or accept Anakin. However, if they don't know about Vader really being Anakin, then there's a way around that. Vader can "disappear", and Alliance members would think he was done away with....while Anakin goes into hiding until he's able to have all his medical treatments completed.

What happens next should be interesting. I'm sure that Padme and Obi-Wan might be able to lend some weight to Anakin's case.
  4. Queengodess Force Ghost

star 4
    *rolls her eyes at Kithana*

I KNOW it's on the last page. But since it's probably the LAST post on the last page, I have trouble viewing it.

*sulks*

Unfair. After having read TJM's enthusiastic review I really wanna read that post! Caslia! Do something!

*pouts in a corner*
  5. Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry it seems I disappeared, but I was just lurking around, waiting for a new post. I can totally understand where Anakin is coming from in surrendering himself to the rebels, and thinking that it's the only way to handle the situation. Very good!

Also wanted to tell you that I spent the last few days reading "Bond of Brothers". That was awesome, and made me think about where I am going on my own fic. Though the base ideas I came up with before I read yours, alot of insight was gained on developing my plot. Thanks for the inspiration! And the great stories!

--later--
  6. JediArwen Jedi Master

star 3
    Very good post Caslia!

Anakin wants to answer for what he have done, what he have been. And if that rebels know where their interest is, must listen to him. I am sure he can be very helpfull.

Poor Padme! Poor Obi-Wan! What a fright! But I don't think that Caslia will allow anything to happen to her beloved Anakin, right Caslia?
  7. JediElanor Jedi Master

star 1
    Wow, that was just great!!!

Now, you gave me a real taste for writing, going to do it right now... Whoah, the way you described Anakin's reaction was great, and I can admit it is very lifelike of him... well at least for a redeemed Anakin, hehe

?I am truly sorry about this. The Alliance grew worried when they had not heard from you in nearly a month since the birth. I came to see what had happened. I had not meant to give you a fright. Though...I do have to wonder. What is Lord Vader doing here??
    [...]
    ?He is my husband.? She whispered
    The senator gasped, but Padme didn?t hear

I loved those lines... Well, what did he think, that she made the babies all alone??? Some people are really stupid... Seeing how they held hands should have given him some kind of hint...

Well, going off to write my own, MTFBWY

Elanor
  8. TorontoJediMaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Geee....you'd think Padme, or someone, would have thought to simply drop a line to Alliance High Command saying that everything is alright, and they'll be away a little longer so they shouldn't worry. Talk about an oversight. lol
  9. Shinning_Star Jedi Master

star 4
    Feel loved, Kee. I sent you you're own personal copy on PM. :D See? Arn't I just soooo nice? ;)

Thanks everyone!

GAH!!!! TJM!! You're going to tell them everything, even the ending!!! How can you do that?! Even I don't know the ending yet!!! ;)
    Caslia
  10. LadyZ Jedi Master

star 4
    YES!!! I'm back!!! :D And I do appreciate the new post ;) and I still think it's realistic ;) Especially because I'd love to see Lord Vader as a prisoner of the Rebels :D [face_devil] Fine idea! :D

Also liked that Kenobi calls him a Sith- I dunno why in some fics after his redemption he automatically becomes "Jedi" or even "Jedi Master" and this fact doesn't trouble either him or the people of GFFA...

Otherwise it was interesting to see how the mind of the Jedi works: Kenobi was first just thinking about problems of redemption, then somehow the Rebels come into his mind... and then the Rebels do arrive - well done!
  11. TorontoJediMaster Force Ghost

star 4
    The Sith were supposed to be -originally- a group of renegade Jedi who felt that the Jedi ideal of serving others was a waste of power, and power not used was power wasted. They felt the true power of the Force lay in the Dark Side.

So, when Anakin went to the Dark Side and became the apprentice to Palpatine, he became a Sith. I believe when he made the decision to break away from Palpatine, he broke away from the Sith Order. However, I don't think he can be considered a full Jedi again....not yet, at least. He needs to purge himself of the Dark Side, and -more importantly- the things that led him to it in the first place. He needs to address things like his anger. I think a part of the problem before was that his feelings for his mother, for Padme ran counter to the Jedi Code, and that caused tension. However, that is not the cause of his fall.

I believe that he couldn't really accept his own failings and inadequacies. He felt he had to be more powerful to achieve more. This was aggravated by two separate influences. There was Palpatine who was subtly "encouraging" him; when in actuality he was feeding Anakin's impatience and resentment at being "held back". At the same time, there was Obi-Wan who was trying to instill things like patience and maturity in him. To Anakin, this seemed like he was being held back from how powerful he should and could be -whike it was really just Obi-Wan trying to get him to exercise prudent caution and patience so that he'd be mature and controlled enough to handle his powers. This fed right into Palpatine's scheming.

Overall, I think Anakin has to do a lot of work, both on himself and on correcting his misdeeds before he can earn the title of Jedi again. However, I don't think he's a Sith anymore, even though he still needs to address WHY he became one in the first place.

12. Shinning_Star Jedi Master

star 4
    In complete agreement with what you guys said.

I'd comment further, but I'm busy plotting evil things. [face_devil] *evil laughter*

*waves* Hi, TJM! [face_devil]
    Caslia
  13. TorontoJediMaster Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought of another good analogy for Anakin's situation:

I think that use of the Dark Side is very similar to drug addiction. Once you start using it, it draws you in and it's hard to stop using it. I think that's why Obi-Wan was wondering about Anakin's condition. He might have decided to stop using the Dark Side (i.e. made a decision to get clean), but he hasn't kicked it yet and still has a lot of the Dark Side within him. That has to be worked out his system until he can break the actual addiction to it. He might even feel withdrawal symptoms. (Like addicts when they're breaking their addictions by going cold turkey)

Perhaps that's why Yoda had doubts. He perhaps felt that the addiction was too strong for anyone to break, even if they genuinely wanted to? (BTW, Yoda is correct to call both Anakin and Obi-Wan "reckless". They pretty much personify the word. Anakin, well...look at his track record. And Obi-Wan...they guy jumps out of a 300 story window and hangs onto a probe. Nice example he sets. :D I think that the New Jedi Order would be ideal with Yoda, Anakin and Obi-Wan all working TOGETHER to rebuild it. They each have their own strengths and weaknesses. Working together, they'd create the best synergy and achieve a symbiant circle.)

Can't wait to read more.
  14. Queengodess Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, liked that comparison, TJM - since I've used it quite often myself. ;) :D

Well, can't wait for the next post - I wanna know what those Rebels do to my sweet little innocent Dark Lord...

Now, for some reason innocent and Dark Lord don't fit very well together, but who cares...I just want more fic.
  15. Shinning_Star Jedi Master

star 4
    No, Dark Lord and innocent don't seem to go well together. But then neither does innocent and Caslia. *wink*

Or innocent and Kee for that matter. ;)

New post coming soon,
    Caslia
  16. Daath666 Force Ghost

star 3
    c'mon guys & gals...for a dark lord he IS sweet, cute, innocent and cuddly! just think bout palpatine in those terms and you'll know what i mean. oh btw...i've caught up on sos, rotl and also this story. ain't i great? *grins*

anyway...i'll start babbling now. *hears ppl all over the world click themselves to the next website* uhm...yeah... [face_blush]

it's great that you decided to write what we just got as a lil summary in rotl.

with this you give me many more reasons to want to cuddle poor vadey and to feel the urge of force choking yoda. that guy's pure evil... :mad:

uhm...i just saw a metallica video on a music channel and somehow a scene in that vid reminded me of palpy. is that a bad sign? *has suddenly a bad feeling*

whatever, back to the story. i really had to laugh bout the obi meditation scene. i think you caught obi's character perfectly. reminded me bout his battle against jango on kamino, where he pushes jango from the platform and then realizes that that wasn't a really good move. his realization that the rebels are really there really reminded me of that... :D *giggles*

i understand why vader choses now and not later to surrender to the rebels. afterall he doesn't know if he will be healed someday and in the end it took 3 years (hope i remember that correctly...i have a really bad memory when it comes to numbers of any kind). anyway, my point is...it's no use for him to hide from them...then he could have followed yoda's instructions and could have left his family since they're involved in the rebellion.

but i dearly hope for you, that you let him offer some nice codes and secrets of the empire that only he knows. surely they wouldn't turn down his offer? ;) *nudges*

and now i want more!!! *bounces* btw...when will you be able to write more on sos?

17. jendiggity Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

caslia, dear...you better not let the rebels be too mean to my sweetie! i will be very upset....
  18. Daath666 Force Ghost

star 3
    not only you jen! but i have a plan... *evil mad scientist laugh*

*serious again* if they are mean we'll get the sheep and attack...and kidnap vadey... :D
  19. VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    Kidnap the Dark Lord or me? ?[face_plain] ;) :D
    I swear I have done nothing to deserve being kidnaped. :cool:

Edit:
    And don't harm Black Love in the Progress! jen, you will watch over her, Vader wont be happy if anything happends to her! [face_plain]

Vadey
  20. VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    double post! those stupit error messages!
  21. Daath666 Force Ghost

star 3
    c'mon vadey fan...what should happen to the sheep with us sitter around...and when we kidnap someone, then it's the dark lord...he's mine...my own...my precious...

whoops...wrong movie, sry. [face_blush]
  22. jendiggity Jedi Master

star 4
    yes, don't worry, we won't let the sheep get hurt! and daath, we're not *really* kidnapping him, ya know....we're merely RESCUING him from caslia's evil clutches! ;)
  23. Queengodess Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, I'll join the rescue team! After all, she's making him suffer...and we resent that!

Of course, she's making us suffer, too...an update, Caslia?
  24. JediElanor Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm joining in too!!! I can't wait for an update either... Well I can since I have a lot of other things to do but...

Anyways, have a good day everyone!!!

Elanor
  25. Shinning_Star Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_plain] Okay, where is the fairness in trying to 'rescue' Darth from me and not from Kee? huh? HUH?!

Okay, ignore me. Darth Real Life and my family are giving me shi- *catches herself. Looks around warily for lurking Admins* are making life unbelivable difficult.

I have the new post written, it will be up before to long, you will not kidnap my Anakin and make my week all that more worse, and I am going back to Taiwan in a week and leaving this Texas dirt hole and my mood will definitely take a turn for the better by then.

I apologize for my state of grumpiness. Post soon, and then we can all :D. Well, everyone but the characters, that is.

Caslia
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.