main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebirth Reviewed! (spoilers-Major!) or NJO: Becoming What It Ought To Be

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Jul 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Good questions . . .

Jedi Ben?

2. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Blah...that disease...so dumb :p

3. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    The kids name is Ben? I didnt think they were going to choose Ben.

Weird.

Several months ago when I found out my wife was going to have a kid we decided on the name Benjamin... Ben.

Heh.

I like that. My kid and Lukes kid will have the same name. Unless it turns out to be a girl....

4. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    What about Benita? That is a name.

5. marajade91

marajade91 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2001
    face it chissdude! the chiss will not be kicking vong butt so let it go!

6. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    There will be no Benita in my family. :)

7. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    ROTFLOL! :)

Benita was one of the hostesses of one of my pre-school programes, 'Play School'.

You Aussies out there know who I am talking about! . . .

8. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I would pity a kid named Benita.

9. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    As would I. :(

10. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    I know a girl in my school named Benisa :p Honestly she's one of those Super girls, perfect at EVERYTHING!

11. marajade91

Jul 10, 2001
    figures the grl with the retarded name would have to be perfect. y cant the pple with normal names be like that? the universe does not make sense.

12. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    I know a girl in my school named Benisa :p Honestly she's one of those Super girls, perfect at EVERYTHING!

13. Darth Cerberus

Darth Cerberus Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 1999
    [face_laugh] How true, Gatherer! How true! [face_plain]

14. marajade91

Jul 10, 2001
    darh cerberus: y do u have a sad-face for your signature? u need to be happy! this is swland, the happiest place on earth! *puts foot in mouth*

15. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    marajade91 - why do you insist on using y for why, and u for you? It is very disconcerting.

16. AurraMouse

AurraMouse Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 1, 2001
    Use better grammar you must MaraJade, happy we will be. Tempting is the dark side, but resist it you must, spell words out you must do.

17. marajade91

Jul 10, 2001
    i apologise for my um...bad grammar. you see, i WRITE in shorthand much like i type it, plus it goes faster when i dont have to use proper grammar, punctuation, and full words. i apologise and will try to use better grammar in the future!

18. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    What do we get to see of Overlord Shimmra? What is his role, description, style of talk? Is he a threat, greater in presence than Tsavong Lah or Shedao Shai?

19. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Hey do you know how Skycrawler looks like? Does he take after all the Skywalker men with the usual blond hair and blue eyes or is he like his mother with the red hair and green eyes or a combo of both? Please tell me, it's been a question that's killing me ever since I joined the MJFC.

20. jedi-jeff

jedi-jeff Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 2, 2000
    Does Borsk actually arrest Luke?

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Your Q's are answered Padawans:

Vergere: I've already given the game away here, albeit it cryptically. Remember Vergere went back to the Vong with knowledge of Han Solo, it is now quite obvious what gets betrayed and why.

Fey'Lya does not arrest Luke.

Ben is gray eyed, and as babies are at their birth habitually, bald.

Shimmra is promising. I've found Tsavong Lah to be a less than impressive villain post-BP as he obsesses over his defeat. Lah is an egoistic bully and lacks character. Shimmra, however, may be what is needed.

The Q is: Does Shimmra have that grandiose villainy that Vader and Palpatine had? A grandiose evil that you despise but might end up supporting if you but go along with them for a second? An evil that Thrawn had as well. I think he may well possess it, like Vader was reduced by Palp's prescence in ROTJ, so will Lah by Shimmra. In ROTJ this was perhaps a bad thing, but here it would not be, in this particular case.

Jedi Ben

22. Nightsun

Nightsun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2001
    the book sounds great :p I'll be picking it up in afew days, but what the heck is Vergere doing I thought that Vergere used to be a jedi knight (according to RP) Does this mean she favors the vong over the GFFA, or do you think they brainwashed the poor thing????

Nightsun

23. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    Heh heh heh! ;)

24. Booster-1986

Booster-1986 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2001
    Jedi Ben wrote:

The Q is: Does Shimmra have that grandiose villainy that Vader and Palpatine had? A grandiose evil that you despise but might end up supporting if you but go along with them for a second? An evil that Thrawn had as well.
    Thrawn was not evil in the same sense as Palpatine or even Vader. As Supreme Military Commander, he was pursuing a course of action designed to achieve a goal. Thrawn did not destroy any planets; Thrawn did not create the Imperial Navy; Thrawn did not belong to the Dark Side.

One may not agree with what Thrawn did, but he is no different that Ackbar in supporting the government that he is loyal to.

25. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    <<<Thrawn was not evil in the same sense as Palpatine or even Vader. As Supreme Military Commander, he was pursuing a course of action designed to achieve a goal. Thrawn did not destroy any planets; Thrawn did not create the Imperial Navy; Thrawn did not belong to the Dark Side.

One may not agree with what Thrawn did, but he is no different that Ackbar in supporting the government that he is loyal to.>>>

But regardless Thrawn was a villian that we could occasionally sympathize with. But let's not stray from the topic at hand.

So I guess we're still unsure with who Vergere will side with, huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.