main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebirth SPOILERS!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi_Jade-Skywalker, Jun 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Cerberus

Darth Cerberus Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 1999
    Are we certain that it is Luke that Borsk wants arrested and not Mara - or maybe even both? I found the phrasing a little ambiguous and there are far more reasons why Mara should be arrested rather than Luke. ?[face_plain] Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part! [face_devil]

2. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Borsk is more powerful than some make him out to be. How else could he become president? He wouldn't try to arest Luke if he knew he wouldn't be able to do it.

I really look forward to seeing what happens to Borsk and Luke.

3. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Wow, so many people hating Borsk! That means the authors created and developed a really solid character. :D

4. Destiny_Skywalker

Destiny_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2000
    My interpretation is I think Borsk sold the Skywalkers out to the Vong (whether it be both or just one... that is phrased rather ambiguously). I'm afraid for that little Skycrawler.

As much as I would like to see Borsk have a lightsaber shoved in an unpleasant place, I doubt we will, because we hate him SO MUCH. Peregrine said it, the authors did a great job of helping us hate him. Zahn got us started in his original trilogy, and I think Mike Stackpole and now Greg Keyes have both done an excellent job developing our hate.

Oh if Borsk sold them out though... :mad:

I hope Luke doesn't give in (if it's him). I know Mara won't... she doesn't take **** from that lousy Bothan. I think Luke will make a run for it because he's about to be a father, and wants to be with Mara for it, and to protect her and their son.

5. Cyclonetrooper

Cyclonetrooper Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 14, 2000
    Don't get your hopes up. :(

Borskmustdie!Borskmustdie!Borskmustdie!Borskmustdie!Borskmustdie!Borskmustdie!Borskmustdie!Borskmustdie!Borskmustdie!Borskmustdie!Borskmustdie!Borskmustdie!

Hey, I couldn't help it.:)

6. DaJames

DaJames Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2000
    If any Jedi in NJO are going to turn, i would like it to be because of a verrrryyyyy unpleasant, violent murder of Borsk. Think back to Conquest, (this is my fav scene) when Fey'la reveals he sold out the JA, Luke tells him he "will never forget this" in the most intimidating i've seen him for quite a while.

I reckon this is where the arrest is stemming from. Luke has had enough of Borsk and Borsk must be ****ing kittens by now (i would be if Luke was that mad with ME). Borsk's probably so scared of what Luke can do to him, that he's working in this fantasy of his (oh come on, as if anybody can detain a Jedi Master if he doesn't want to). Hopefully, Borsk's end in not far :)

7. Nighthawk_Andy

Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2001
    I think we'll have to wait until SbS for Luke to 'stand firm' expect him to get arrested and accept it :(

8. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    If Borsk would do that to Luke,he'd be my least favor character.Thats for sure!!!
    Mara carrying a big gun on the Rebirth cover. Well thats for Borsk if needed :mad:

9. Simone

Simone Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    Hi everybody!

I was just re-reading the excerpt and I was a little confused.
    There is a bit were Luke thinks that they shouls not have gone public with her pregancy or something like that. But when do they go public, I mean I heard that this was the first chapter. Yet the news is public. In Conquest Luke and Mara only told a select of people. Yet this man seems to know, oh can somebody tell me who this man is because I have only read parts of Conquest and Hero's trial.

Anyway I hope that Borsk Fey'lya gets his comupince for what he is about to do. I hope he has his reasons and they better be good reasons. As for Borsk dying, I can safely say that i would prefer it if he didn't.
    I know that I do hate him but he is the villian you LOVE to hate.

Is it Luke or Mara or BOTH that the arrest is being ordered, I was a little confused by it?

Well bye, I can't wait for this novel!!.

10. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    It said Mara was showing, so it wouldn't be too hard for people to see she's pregnant.

From the way I see it, I think the arrest warrent is for Luke since the other guy was talking directly to Luke. It makes more sense for Borsk to want Luke arrested since Luke is the head of the Jedi and he was directly threatened by Luke in Conquest. Borsk also may not like Luke since he is Leia's brother.

11. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Can someone please tell me who Kenth Hamner is, what he does for a living, and what book/comic he can be found in?

12. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    What goes around comes around.

Borsk'll get his, never fear.

13. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    What goes around comes around.

Borsk'll get his, never fear.

Yeah! Just like that chisling little stooge in Aliens. I hope he gets it that bad too. Head ripped off by a Vong, or some other glorious thing.

14. Empress_Arakay

Empress_Arakay Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2000
    Has anyone listened to the audio book excerpt? I'm at GHP and can't download stuff, and by the time I get home, it'll only be 3 days till the book comes out, AHH! Can someone type it up or just tell me the gist of it? Thanx!

*counting down the days*

15. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    The audio excerpt had a moment with Leia and Han that is interrupted by Jacen who is worried about the Vong ship nearby.

I liked the new excerpt. Hopefully the arrest means another cool courtroom drama. We haven't had anything since Tycho's arrest.

One problems with the excerpt: The spelling errors really bug me.

16. Xizora

Xizora Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 1999
    I can not wait for this book to come out. The excerpt alone had everything to catch my attention. It was romantic, funny, and the all of a sudden shocking. I haven't been this excited about a SW book in a long, long time.

17. DaJames

DaJames Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2000
    princess_of_naboo, Kenth Hamner is a Jedi who appears to have some sort of weight in the military, so he probably came from there. As far as i know, he has only appeared in Balance Point, Rebirth, and possibly Conquest (i have a bad memory, so i'm not sure if he was in it or not).

18. Darth Cerberus

Darth Cerberus Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 1999
    I hate him too, but Borsk did NOT sell out the Jedi in Conquest. Luke accused him of that and Borsk denied it on the basis that he would not have been able to have hidden something like that from the Jedi. Luke accepted that. We've got plenty of reasons for loathing Borsk without making untrue accusations.

I agree that Luke is not going to run. He'll meekly submit to Borsk spouting something about martydom and showing the galaxy that they are wrong in their new-found opinon of the Jedi. Although in a typically hypocritical attitude (sorry but I haven't forgiven him for demanding help for four Jedi on Yavin when he has quite happily abandoned populated planets and systems to the Vong) he'll probably make Mara hide.

19. Destiny_Skywalker

Destiny_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2000
    Borsk DIDN'T sell out the Jedi? What?!?!

Yeah, the Vong announce they want all Jedi's heads on a stick, and Borsk just tells the Vong and the Peace Brigade that it's ok to just pass through the Yavin system. Yeah... uh huh...

Slimy furball...

20. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Mean very mean that Borsk,nevertheless sounds like Rebirth would be great :)
    Just like Conquest. I hardly cann't wait to get Rebirth :)

21. Nighthawk_Andy

Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2001
    Darth Cerberus, you have a point but Borsk DID sell them out. He just did it Borsk's way, which means covering your ass and making sure you can place the blame squarely on someone elses shoulders.

22. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Ah... Borsk, you've finally done it. Issue an arrest warrant for the Jedi who is about to be a dad... his wife is hungry... and you sold out his Academy... Borst, you are an idiot. Plain and simple. You have alway prefered suicide. You told Corran to quit Rogue Squadron because we need more Jedi... now you are wiping the Jedi out. Political suicide... I really hope that the Vong get their shapers on your ***

Farwell oh hated one.

23. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    "He just did it Borsk's way, which means covering your ass and making sure you can place the blame squarely on someone elses shoulders."

Is that a quote from a book? It sounds so familiar but I can't quite place it.

24. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    You'll also find a passing reference to Kenth Hamner in Jim Luceno's Agents of Chaos: Jedi Eclipse.

25. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Ana Vitorrian and DaJames, thanks for the info!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.