main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebirth SPOILERS!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi_Jade-Skywalker, Jun 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    We also have, in that excerpt, the first hints that Jaina will not be allowed back into rogue squadron. Politics.

Personally, I hope Luke is not so stupid to stay and be arrested. Borsk is probably planning on giving him and his family to the Vong...

But, I can see the Skywalker and Solo families finding sanctuary with the Chiss.

The ultimate irony that the Jedi are *saved* by a member of the Imperial Remnant.

As to everyones favorite Bothan, here's my scenario. Coruscant is invaded and Borsk makes his getaway on the first transport out--only for some reason it can't leave. He finds himself stranded. He ends up in a rebel band, and dies nobly freeing Coruscant--and some Jedi.

2. Supreme_Overlord

Supreme_Overlord Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2001
    I'd say that the jedi will splinter off and join the Imperial Remnant. The Remnant has fouht the vong, so they can sympathize with the jedi.

Kenth Hammner is a retired Colonel in the NR Army. He became a jedi and is either a Knight or a Master. I wouldn't be suprised to see him on the jedi council. He has potential to be an excellant character.

3. Supreme_Overlord

Supreme_Overlord Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2001
    I'd say that the jedi will splinter off and join the Imperial Remnant. The Remnant has fouht the vong, so they can sympathize with the jedi.

Kenth Hammner is a retired Colonel in the NR Army. He became a jedi and is either a Knight or a Master. I wouldn't be suprised to see him on the jedi council. He has potential to be an excellant character.

4. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    I dont think that they would "join" the ImpRem but maybe move there operations there for the time being. The Jedi defend the whole galaxy, not just the Republic part. Not to mention its already been shown that the Imps have at least one force sensative officer.

5. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    Am I the only one who can't view the excerpt? I follow the link and the page appears, but their is no excerpt or link to it, just a pic of the book, and a disclaimer about the excerpt, any ideas?

6. Simone

Simone Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    I don't know Face but you can view the excerpt on my web-page www.geocities.com/njo_site/
    I hope this helps

7. JonCrites

JonCrites Jedi Master star 1

Jun 18, 2001
    I was at jedi.net when Ghentz posted that the excerpt was up. I read it immediatly and have to admit, I can't stand Borsk and never have. I think that Kyp or one of the other "Jedi for Jedi" followers will make an attempt to take him out of power. Cuz we all know that Kyp has this whole overly self- defensive complex thing going on.

8. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Kyp overthrowing the government? That's the last thing he should do. He'd be making Borsk's point about the Jedi secretly gaining power, and then there'd be a whole new mess to deal with. That would be the one thing both Luke and Borsk would agree on.

I think we can definitely say goodbye to Leia Organa Solo - politician. She definitely won't want anything to do with the leadership of the New Republic now. I also think we can say goodbye to Jaina Solo - Rogue pilot. Same deal, even if Rogue Squadron decides to defect to join Luke and the others. She needs to be a Jedi more than a pilot right now.

If Bothawui somehow survives the Yuuzhan Vong invasion by the end of the series, I get the feeling that Bothans won't be welcomed in the New Republic, or rather what's left of it. Or more specifically, those Bothans who live by the "Bothan way", as Borsk Fey'lya does.

As for a new base, I think Ossus or some planet that held special significance to the Jedi in the Old Republic would do.

9. Jedi---Cost

Jedi---Cost Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2001
    it whould be cool if all the jedi jumped ship to the remnent and jaina joins fels fighter squad

10. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Hmmm. Maybe Rebirth means the rebirth of the Rebellion after all.

11. Jedi---Cost

Jedi---Cost Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2001
    rebirth of the empire led by jedi

12. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    My thoughts exactly, Tiershon_Fett.

13. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
  14. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Things are definitely being shaken up in this book, and I think the 'shaking' will reach its climax in Star By Star. As far as I can tell, the Jedi no longer have much or any cooperation from the very government they are trying to protect. There's numerous paths for the Jedi to undertake here, but I have a few good ideas, but that's in my mind and not in the author's or the characters' minds. I'm still waiting to see if Kyp and Luke can come to any sort of an agreement and whatever happened to the Jedi Council subplot?

I'm hoping that Anakin can somehow use his newfound knowledge to help all the Jedi to fight the Vong much more effectively, but it doesn't sound like he'll be doing anything like that in Rebirth as it seems he is just on the run with Tahiri.

15. Ghent99

Ghent99 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2001
    I hope Luke doesn't stay and get arrested! I would like to see one of the Admirals of the NR step up and kick Borsk out. With nowhere to turn I think Luke and Mara will be taking a little trip back to the Hand of Thrawn. Cant wait for the Book!!!

16. Jayaug

Jayaug Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2000
    BORSK OWNS J00!!!

17. BobaFetts_Clone

BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2001
    Everyone seems to have read the excerpt but me! The site took it off for some reason. I wanted to know if anyone had a copy of it and where i could find it----It seems like a really cool book.

18. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Hey, did anyone see this new summary posted at Randomhouse.com?

The brutal Yuuzhan Vong are scouring the universe for Jedi to slaughter. With no help from the divided New Republic, the Jedi stand alone against their seemingly invincible foe. Han and Leia Organa Solo risk deadly consequences with their controversial tactics to bolster the Jedi resistance. After uncovering a new Yuuzhan Vong menace, Anakin and Tahiri find themselves wanted for murder by the Peace Brigade. To avoid capture, they jump into hyperspace . . . and into trouble far graver.

Hunted by the Yuuzhan Vong, wanted as criminals by the New Republic, and with unrest stirring within their own ranks, the Jedi find peril everywhere they turn. But even in the midst of despair, while the most fiercest battle of all looms on the horizon, hope arises with the birth of one very special child. . . .

19. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    That's a great little excerpt!! But I can't see it!

20. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Wouldn't it be fine irony if this would push Luke over the line and he succeeds in following his fathers path? Imagine the New Jedi Order being a Dark Jedi order where all the non-humans get killed because of Borsk.

21. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    With Mara around, and his baby, I don't think Luke would turn to the dark side.

I never saw that mini-excerpt before...did they change it? Skycrawler is gonna have fun trying to hide from everyone that's out to kill the poor kid....

Have you all noticed though--the last thing in Conquest was "Repression is the favorite food of heresy" or something like that? I seriously think that while the NR is tearing itself apart (thanks to Borsk), the Vong are going to be having trouble with controlling their people. Anakin and Tahiri flee into Vong space (that's what I heard, but it might not be true....) they make peace with some Vong clan? And since Nen Yim is supposed to be on a dying world ship, I think we'll see more hints of heresy and more shamed ones leaning towards the Jedi.

22. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Here are paraphrases of a couple of quotes that indicate that you may be right.

"They can't actively support us, but the military is sympathetic to us." Ruin

"Beware, cousin. If he goes, so will I and so will the New Republic military. I will establish my own empire in the unknown reigons," Admiral Kre'Fey

23. Kelly

Kelly Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2001
    I've seen a lot of people thinking that Jaina's career in Rogue Squadron is over because of political maneuvering. I don't believe so. Does anyone remember who is in charge of Rogue Squadron? Gavin Darklighter. And what history do Gavin and Borskie have together? Gavin blames Borsk for his first love's, Asyr's, death. Gavin is backed by Traest Kre'fey, a general who has been shown not to like Borsk much. Kre'fey has even threatened to take the Rogues and whoever else felt like it into the Unknown Regions if Borsk didn't want to let them fight the war. I can see Gavin taking Jaina back in, if for no other reason than they need pilots and it will anger Borsk. I also have a feeling that the Rogues and Kre'fey won't BE with Borsk much longer, if they haven't left already. I can't wait to see who's all hanging out right now on the Errant Venture. Could be more than we think.

24. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    I agree with you--it was made clear in Onslaught that Gavin was in no way going to take orders from Borskie.

Man, that guy has screwed himself over....I'd feel sorry for Borskie, but...he doesn't deserve it.

25. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Well, I agree with you about Traest and Gavin. However, despite the obvious dislike between these two and Borsk, as long as Rogue Squadron continues to serve the New Republic and its current leadership, I don't think Jaina will rejoin the Rogues. Besides, with the baby almost here, and things going straight to hell for the Jedi, she's needed with them. And also, I wouldn't put it past Borsk to put Rogue Squadron in a situation where most, if not all, of the pilots get killed. Please the Yuuzhan Vong and eliminate the competition in one political stroke.

As for what you said, Tahiri, he deserves to have at least his political life executed. Now if any of you remember from Isard's Revenge, Asyr wasn't killed. She was presumed dead, and the secret of her being alive was known only to Mirax and Iella. Borsk threatened to make things difficult for her and Gavin to adopt any orphans unless she started to act like a Bothan. So she "arranged" her death, and secretly went to a colony world in Bothan space to begin working on changing things so that Bothans won't turn up being like Borsk. I'd love to see her make a dramatic reappearance and oust Borsk from the New Republic leadership. Assuming Borsk doesn't suffer a heart attack from the shock of seeing her alive, that is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.