main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Reboot the PT: Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Dra---, Apr 30, 2016.

?

Should Disney reboot the PT?

1. Yes

18.4%
  2. No

81.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Before Disney-LFL considers a return to the PT era, I think they should actually reboot it. That way they could revise the GFFA to reflect the mythology they'd most like to work with.

For example, midichlorians could be cut, Darth Maul could play a larger role, and real acting could be deployed.

Hermi_Odle likes this.
  2. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Another one of these threads...
    PT Reboot would be a waste of time. Like this thread.

3. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    No. I love the Prequels. They were not perfect, but I thought there was much more good than bad with them. Having said that, Disney can do whatever they want. And even though it would be an insult to George Lucas, I would still be interested in seeing someone elses take on Darth Vader's backstory.

4. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I don't think it's a waste of time. I'm interested in how much interest there might be, as I'm sure Disney would.

I'm also open to an OT reboot, so this isn't PT bashing.

It's just that the SAGA was so poorly planned out by Lucas that I think it would make sense for Disney to reboot it all.

5. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    No. The Star Wars films are immune from rebooting. The prequels are flawed, but they are what they are, and that's the definitive prequel trilogy.

6. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    It could still be "definitive" for fans who want to view it that way after a reboot.

Or the reboot might be so much better it becomes definitive.

Sarge and JabbatheHumanBeing like this.
  7. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

No it wouldn't be a waste of time and I'm sure they could tell the PT story much better than Lucas did. But I'd much more prefer that they use that time creating something new in the Star wars universe. There are so many stories from Legends to adapt and tell to star wars fans that never knew the stories existed before.

Dra--- likes this.
  8. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    No. The Prequels may have flaws, but I still liked them overall. Also, Dsney and Lucasfilm treat them as canon as evidenced by the numerous Prequel references and callbacks in their new canon material.

If they ever do a reboot, it should be the whole saga and not just the Prequels, but I doubt they ever do that. There are so much potential stories they can tell in the GFFA that a reboot would be unnecessary.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

9. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    My response is a big NO. Now, I agree that the prequels were flawed and weren't as good as the OT or TFA, but they should never reboot them. Disney/Lucasfilm should look to the future and create new films with new stories and characters, not look back on the past and revisit a trilogy that ended only 10 years ago. Besides, stuff like TFA and Rebels make several references to the PT, so it would be foolish to reboot them now.

10. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    For me, no. There were some great performances and concepts in and around the flawed performances / characters. And I can't see anyone else playing Count Dooku or young Obi-Wan.

11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    No. Leave the PT be. They are not worthy of a reboot, because they don't deserve one. I actually think that would be a colossal dump on Lucas the like of which no one has ever seen and, even though I am not a great PT fan, I would seriously consider calling it a day as a fan. It would probably develop into a PR disaster that may do some serious damage.

12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    [​IMG]

(BTW) As ppl r saying in this thread.. PT is flawed, but is TFA a flawless movie ?..o_O
    And will there ever be a near perfect sw again, probably not.

Deliveranze, Shamear and AshiusX like this.
  13. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
  14. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Should they reboot the PT? Never.
    Will they eventually reboot the entire saga? Probably.

15. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    No. Onwards and upwards. Cover different material.

16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The Star Wars movies have a strong sense of time. Very rare in letting it's characters to grow old.
    We aren't forever watching the Adventures of Like Skywalker.

I think that gives the series to power to move forwards and not succumb to remakes. If they chose to move the story along.

I hope they don't get stuck in 1977, forever expanding the story around New Hope. But so far, they are doing that a bit.
    Let it go, Lucasfilms. Move the story along.

17. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Generally if you start a poll, you're asking people's opinion, not attempting to change it.

You might want to think about what "definitive" means, too. It definitely isn't picking and choosing out of two official continuities, both intended to take place within one larger story, which one you personally like best.

18. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Agreed. Though I would want to see at least ten new Star Wars films before they considered rebooting the PT. Would love to see it happen eventually, though. And if I were to make it, I would give Palpatine's rise a more Julius Caesarean arc.

Dra--- likes this.
  19. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    If you notice, I made this a discussion thread in addition to a poll. If you're not interested in discussing though, that's up to you.

What definition of definitive are you going by that's written in stone? What I'm saying is if most fans and critics liked the PT reboot more, it would become definitive. You know, the privileged version.

20. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Reboot the PT?

[​IMG]
    Approve of this, the Council does NOT!

Deliveranze and Shamear like this.
  21. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    "that's written in stone?"

The words Episode I, II and III in the title crawl. Within the same continuity that Disney are adhering to with Episode VII of the saga.

This is quite straightforward stuff.

Of course, if you have a definition of "definitive" that would privilege a rebooted prequel trilogy over the ones conceived and filmed by the creator of Star Wars, then you feel free to go with that.

22. Enkei

Enkei Jedi Master star 1

Dec 4, 2003
    Just leave it alone. Some people like it some hate it. Move on.

23. luketheforeigner

luketheforeigner Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
  24. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    No. I have serious issues with the PT. BUT, they exist, they're canon, and I'd prefer that they move forward instead of trying to start over long after the fact. It isn't needed.

25. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    I don't find any reason to do it, really. "I didn't like it" doesn't feel quite enough for me. Yes, they were disappointing to some, but they're part of Star Wars for better or for worse. I think it would be better to just make more films taking place in that time period, if one feels like visiting the Republic era. You could explain some problematic things with those other films. I suspect it would be disrespectful towards Lucas, however, to make films that noticeably correct things that viewers found poor in PT.

I find it a better idea to just move on with the new, and make sure that the future films are as good as they can be. Continue and expand Star Wars, not re-write it.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.