main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Reboots You'd Like to See

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sarge, Aug 26, 2016.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Volcano... have the volcano up in the hills somewhere, rather than the Tar Pits, and have the destruction cover more of L.A. than just parts of the Westside.

2. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Echo, THE LAST STARFIGHTER, but more a sequel than reboot. The cast is at the right age. A perfect opportunity for a older Alex retired on Earth to be forced back into an Adventure.

still if that is more in line with a sequel, then that leaves only......

KRULL

Great idea, with a movie that still pretty damn good on it's own, but has some unlocked potential that I think can be brought out in a better film.

Beyond that... Plan 9 From Outer Space, maybe.

rumsmuggler and Sarge like this.
  3. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    But it ties into the tar pits. That's the whole premise.

Ender Sai likes this.
  4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Das Boot. They would call it Das Re-Boot.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    The Bible. It's ripe for updating for modern audiences. They should have Moses be a woman called Mosette, tone down that "stone the gays" part, add some nice battle scenes to boring Leviticus, and dunno, maybe give Jesus a wacky sidekick called Noel who's always getting in trouble with the Romans.

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    One day I'd like to see an animated mini-series for each book of Harry Potters, with the characters based on Rowling's old sketches.

DarthMane2 and Force Smuggler like this.
  7. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

A bad premise!

8. a star war

May 4, 2016
    You're right. It should be about the super volcano in Yellowstone.

Ender Sai likes this.
  9. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2015
    I don't want to see the series rebooted exactly, but I've been saying ever since 7 came out that the next one should be a back-to-basics installment that's actually about street racing.

I read a suggestion somewhere once that HBO should do Harry Potter, with every season a book. Pretty awesome idea, if you ask me. You could make them a lot more intricate.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  10. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Not really a reboot but a remake of The Battle of Britain movie would be amazing. Keep the dogfights looking realistic (not ridiculous action Hollywood Redtails style) but using the most realistic CGI to get the correct early marks of Hurricane and Spitfire and proper bf109e instead of those Merlin powered Spanish Buchons they used in the old film. That would be so good

Sarge likes this.
  11. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Back to basics? I think they need to ramp it up!
    [​IMG]

rumsmuggler, GregMcP and CT-867-5309 like this.
  12. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I love Highlander, love it to bits; I do think more could be done with the concept and with a higher budget, but what do you keep and what do you throw away?

The Queen soundtrack is just brilliant, as is Michael Kamen's score, so I have to ask: do you try to capture lightning in a bottle twice, and get, say, Trent Reznor to write songs and compose the score in the hope that it will work as well as the Queen/Kamen combination did in the original? Or do you simply admit defeat and use the original soundtrack?

Do you treat the original as a classic and keep closely to the 1987 script, or do you just take the general concept of MacLeod facing off against other immortals throughout history, creating your own iconic moments (hopefully!) rather than simply attempting to just give a bit of a twist to the original's story beats? See the sadly mediocre Total Recall reboot for what happens when the scriptwriter can't get the original out of his mind and just tries to put his own spin on the original film's iconic scenes - it all just reminds you of how superior the original was.

Do you have a proper ending to the film - MacLeod gaining The Prize; or do you consciously plan for sequels and avoid ending the story, running the risk of making the first movie feel incomplete?

I've heard some suggestions on other boards that it might be better to make a reboot of Highlander a big-budget miniseries that can take the time to go into detail about the other immortals, rather than just make a flashier version of the 1987 original.

rumsmuggler and Sarge like this.
  13. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I'd be game for that. You might need to slightly pad the first three seasons as TPS, COS and POA are all a bit on the short side, but over all there's more than enough material for 5-7 seasons of television.

14. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Susan Cooper's classic fantasy book The Dark is Rising got a bad film translation a few years ago (despite a cast that included Ian McShane). I think a more faithful version as a serialised television show would be better than another stab at a movie.

15. a star war

May 4, 2016
    There's plenty of room in the early books to flesh out the teachers. And by flesh out, I mean get the flesh out. This is HBO. The Hogwards faculty must be very bored isolated like that and surrounded by kids all the time.

16. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Also I gotta say as a die-hard POA fan: yeah, it's not nearly as long as the last four books, but there's a LOT going on in there, complex plot with intrigue and time-travel, introduction of a lot of important characters and plot threads, and set-up for the arc of the whole rest of the series. You really don't need to pad anything, there's plenty to fill a 10-12 episode season.

17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    soitscometothis and Boba Nekhbet like this.
  18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

I would prefer an HBO series for Conan, encompassing all the original tales in order.

CT-867-5309 and rumsmuggler like this.
  19. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Once HBO inserts all the mandatory sex scenes and incoherence, they can stretch it to at least 15 seasons.

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

No- I'd still want an L.A. disaster movie; there hasn't been a decent in quite some time.

21. slidewhistle

slidewhistle Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 24, 2015
    2001. We know so much more about that year now.

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    An Al-Qaeda Odessy

23. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Good one. I haven't seen that movie in a while, but I am just cringing thinking about all the stuff that's inaccurate now.

jp-30 and a star war like this.
  24. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    On a serious note, Thermopylae and the Graceo-Persian Wars in general are an interesting period in history. It would nice to see some telling of them that wasn't based in naked racism.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  25. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It's a beautiful Retrofuture. The 1960's version of 2001.
    A movie set in that Universe... forget 2010 and all of Clarke's novels, follow Kubrick's vision and style. A healthy dose of Madmen.