main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Reboots You'd Like to See

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sarge, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Yeah, it's beautiful but lol, should it have been? I mean, have you googled pictures of what Mir or ISS looked like in 2001? Kubrick was way off base, both in aesthetics and functionality. I don't want to insult a dead guy, but it's pretty embarrassing.

2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It's not his fault that American wimped out and cut Apollo early and never built a moonbase and so forth.
    And it's not his fault Pan Am went out of business.

3. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I think they should remake Rocky 1-3 but condense it into a single film.

Boba Nekhbet likes this.
  4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Rocky reboot with Will Smith!

Sarge likes this.
  5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Whose his Burgess Meredith in it... Pacino? DeNiro? Cage? :p

6. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Spawn. I am truly perplexed as to how this has not happened yet given the surge over the last decade in movies based on superheroes and comics.

Also, The Professional (with a now grown Natalie Portman).

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

Don't you dare badmouth 2001, that was all accurate!

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    A well made Spawn would be great. I'm still a fan of the animated series HBO did years ago.

Matilda The Professional would kick ***

9. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002

Pacino would be great if we are talking Pacino at his most over the top.

'Taxi Driver', Personally I'd like to see DeNiro back in a sequel as I think it'd be more interesting but 'Taxi Driver' is a property that is definitely ripe for an interesting reboot. The thing is we've learned that there are a lot more people that think like Travis Bickle than we should be comfortable with. You can't click anywhere without seeing something posted that looks like it's Schrader's dialogue or monologues from the film.

EHT likes this.
  10. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Terminator.

I'm personally happy to see the franchise die once and for all, but I doubt that will happen. So i'll take a reboot over another sequel. The continuity at the moment is a train wreck.

11. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    would really love to see a reboot of terminator sarah connor chronicles i loved that show and thought it was some great tv

12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I'd love to see a reboot of Stranger Things. I think it's time.

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  14. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    I'd love to see someone give Sherlock Holmes a reboot. There's so much to be done with the character and material that I don't think has been explored yet.

15. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Captain America The Winter Soldier as directed by Joe Johnston with the same cast. Keep more of Ed Brubaker's storyline; in fact, let Bru write the screenplay please. He could wring out even more emotion with a brilliant third act / climax.

Sarge - agree about The Hobbit. As much as I dig Richard Armitage and Martin Freeman in their respective roles, I've never been a fan of PJ and especially his screenwriting team whose stupidity takes a great little book and pees all over it. And why make Thorin younger, just about beardless and sexy (I know, $$$$$$$), but really... you can see men act through gigantic beards as great actors can do a lot with their eyes and other body parts. Does that sound wrong? Too bad. :p

LOL at Saving Private Baldrick! I want that movie now.

Logan's Run - closer to the source material. I want my pleasure gypsies damn it.

16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    [​IMG]

Sarge likes this.
  17. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    A reboot of Constantine would be awesome.

18. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Any foreign film that relies on subtle nuance needs to Hollywood treatment. Strip that stuff out, and go full blown Pavlovian conditioning. Lincoln, Roosevelt, and Jesus - all great Americans - didn't deal in anything but absolutes, wanky monologues, and slow motion shots of the flag.

19. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

RDJ did brilliant weirdo and Benedict Cumberbatch is doing high functioning sociopath, so what exactly would you like to see done?

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  21. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    I'd just like to see a modren update of it. I'd like to see someone like Christopher Nolan or J.J. Abrams or someone smart like that that could make a smart, fresh, new take on the franchise that could really give it justice.

22. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    Schindler's Fist - He's back and he's ready to kick Nazi ass!
    Schindler's Kiss - A rom-com with absolutely zero shower scenes.
    Schindler's Tryst - The unrated blu ray version.
    Down - The tragic story about an old man and a cub scout whose balloons pop.
    Subnatural - Like supernatural, but the brothers work at a Scranton paper supply office and there's nothing supernatural about it.
    Gilmore Guys - Same actors though, just change the wardrobe.
    Fixing Good - There's no way you could meth this one up.
    Game of Drones - Westeros vs the Borg
    Hot'n'Now - Only this time, less kangaroo meat and e coli.
    Well-Adjusted Max - He uses his bloody turn signal.
    Not Your Little Pony - This one is seriously just for the kids, mate. No adult male fans allowed. Git!
    Zach Snyder - No, seriously, give him cement shoes and a pool pass, and let his parents give it another go.

More Serious answers:
    X-Men - I loved the last two quite a bit, but it's time. It's time to go back to Marvel and do these characters justice.
    Hobbit - Just one film, preferably less suck.
    DCEU Part Deux
    Blade (Midnight Sons in the MCU please! We've got Dr. Strange and Ghost Rider, all we need is the O.G. Jefferson Twilight!)

Sarge likes this.