main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

rebuilding coruscant

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jedijcm, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedijcm

jedijcm Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    is coruscant going to be built exactly the same or are they going to have it not all city and will it be ready and the capital again in dennings trilogy?

2. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    I doubt that Coruscant will be re-built like it was before the Vong invaded. In Traitor, the Vong threw off the planetary alignment and smashed one of the moons(I believe), so even if the did rebuild all of the buildings, the system wouldn't be the same again.

And I suppose it is possible for them to rebuild it somewhat by Denning's trilogy, but I doubt it. Coruscant was a mess at the end of the NJO, and it would take an immense amount of work to clean all the wreckage and Vong life off the planet, much less rebuild anything.

3. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    yeah, I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a more nature friendly Coruscant from now on. It should be interesting to see how people adapt to the presence of the Yuuzhan Vong lifeforms. There will probably be some sort of xenophobia against them as well. It should be interesting to see how Denning handles this.

4. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I highy doubt it'll be ready to become the capital again by the time of Denning's trilogy. I don't think it'll happen in Han's, Leia's, and Luke's lifetime. Jacen's and Jaina's, maybe.

5. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    Why not? They've rebuilt Coruscant before...
    I imagine Coruscant to be a mix of buildings & greenary/Vong stuff...

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The damage to Coruscant inflicted in DE wasn't so severe and only affected portions of Coruscant, not the whole planet, and even then, was mainly on the surface levels- the Vong have done damage to the foundations it seems.

7. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    it would be interesting if they adapted alpha red to be fast burning, make sure there are no vong on the planet, and then let it loose, allowing structures to collapse as the bio-forms holding them up rot away. and then rebuild as they did after DE -- using giant droids reforming whole buildings.

either that, or they could demolish stuff and cap it off, forming a new 'ground level' on the ruins of the older stuff, and build anew on top, like they have done for thousands of years. -- the vong layer will be just another strata of coruscant.

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You lot are forgetting the wonderful power of private industry and profit! All that work, all those contracts..Iraq ain't nothing compared to this!

Ok, yeah, a bad taste gag, but apt.

Likely the whole planet will get rebuilt, in some miraculous way, remember this is space opera, not SF!

JB

9. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    heh, why do i picture Lando making a huge profit off the rebuilding?

10. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    and then rebuild as they did after DE -- using giant droids reforming whole buildings.

they'd probably have to rebuild the droids first though. the construction droids needed for a scale of that sort of operation were probably only available in the form of the droids that were already on Coruscant. I can't imagine any other planet needing construction droids that large. Also, the droids got their materials from the buildings and wreckage they were replacing. It's my understanding that the Yuuzhan Vong bio-forming of the planet already bio-degraded many of the buildings and structures on the planet, which would detract from the materials available to any droids. granted, the bio-forms obviously didn't get rid of all the buildings and such, but I'm sure they took care of a significant portion of the materials.

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well RS let's see, if Lando is involved there is:

* The tech plus patents
    * Production and selling/leasing of
    * Probable purchase of real estate at obscenely low price which is sold for an obscene profit

Oh nuts, better stop now, this screams PFI!

JB

12. EAGLE_7749

EAGLE_7749 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2004
    Listen up.... coruscant will never be the same again cause of the VONG. Think about it.....

13. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    This kinda reminds me of whay happened to Cybertron(home of the transformers). IT was once fully technological, then it was turned into a part tree part techno(part organic, part techno). Many fans didn't like that.

Anyway I think it was Sovv who said that the damage that the Vong did was mostly surface level, that most of the stuff under the organic was still ok. Also I believe Corusant will keep some organics but not a lot,and the planet will probably be half or over half done by the new Trilogy. I mean it's logical, this is the same galaxy that could build a Death Star in like 3 years.

14. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    It may be built up, but never the megaopolis it once was. It will probably be more on the scale of other Core Worlds (Corellia, Brentaal, Kuat, Esseles).

15. EH_Pilot

EH_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Well, since the damage done to the city was catastrophicaly immense (Golans were crashed into the planet!!!) and the Imperial Palace is gone :( this is on an even larger scale than after DE. Basicly, they'll use their giant construction droids to obliterate whole sections of the ruined city and any of the puny Vong-life that gets in their way, at least reconstructing portions (maybe not all) of the metropolis. Or maybe I'll just supress the idea enough and everything would be back to normal :p

16. Tramp

Tramp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    If any of you remember Luke?s vision of Ben as he and mara were joined while she gave birth, one part showed them on what appeeared to be coruscant, but not quite; it was no longer compltely one massive city, but also covered with large areas of vegitation. This, it seems is the destiny of Coruscant. It wil never be the sterile megalopolis it once was, but instead will be blended with the ?vong formed? organic growth.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think the vision might be applied to the new capital (whose name eludes me at the moment) as well.

18. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    they'd probably have to rebuild the droids first though. the construction droids needed for a scale of that sort of operation were probably only available in the form of the droids that were already on Coruscant.

With the number of Coruscant-like worlds in the galaxy, and the fact that it seems several of them were never touched by the Vong, their are bound to be plenty of construction droids which can be dismantled and transported to Coruscant if they were to actually choose to rebuild the planet.

19. jangofett100

jangofett100 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    TUF states that it will take decades to restore Coruscant. In the meantime, Dennings trilogy will probably focus on Denon (Coruscant clone...)

20. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Well, I wonder how they're going to deal with the World Brain?

21. Tramp

Tramp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Apparently based upon what they said in TUF, the World brain is going to help rebuild Coruscant. This is why Coruscant will be like how Luke envisioned in Rebirth; it will be a merging of GFFA tech, and Yuuzhan Vong Biotech.

22. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Well, at least Coruscant is going to have a better look than before the invasion. A silver lining to every cloud, as the old cliche goes.

23. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    Funny, Luke was always against having the NR govern from the old Imperial Palace. Now he gets his wish.

24. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    There are a number of key points to what New Republic City (formerly Imperial City) will be like.

-TUF ends off saying Omas and Kre'fey are happy to have the dhuryam around

-They will preserve some of the terraforming the Vong initiated as reminders

-Spaar comments Coruscant was rebuilt from the Dark Empire devestation 6yrs ago then

-Coruscant now orbits closer to the sun, making it warmer and orbital mirrors obsolete

-Sekot's reversion in the Coruscant system flung her moons away

-It's sensible to say there was tectonic disturbance resulting from moving an entire planet (closer in-system in Traitor)

-Massive amounts of falling orbital debris has devestated large areas of New Rep City, compounded by Coralskipper and warship bombardment

-The vong had nearly 3yrs to play with Coruscant

-In KOTOR, the city of Taris was built over a century of prosperity (so the Coruscantlike Taris took around a 100yrs be that?)

-And the most obvious aspect of the terra-vong-forming of all: their fauna was applied OVER THE SURFACE of the existing permacrete, durasteel and building surfaces!! Yes, it's not attached lightly, but in essence it can be removed.

And on a nonrelated note, Construction Droids are :cool:

25. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    When was it called New Republic city? I thought he name Imperial City was retained.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.