main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Recanonized EU: A List

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ordo Skirata, May 1, 2014.

1. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    In Insider 154, the short story The End of History recanonizes Ossus and its Jedi ruins (or ruins with Jedi lore found in them), also the Corellian Resistance.
    We also get the first description (no real name, though) of a non-Lucas Sith Lord, the Sith Lord of Gairm, who once befriended a Jedi (no idea if this is a reference to EU characters).
    I'm liking these little vignettes with random people's lives.

2. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    Well due to Star Wars Commander we now the the Imperial jumptrooper in canon again. I am not an Imperial player so I don't know which version it is. There are two different looks for the Force Unleashed games, something called a Rocket Trooper seen in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, and the Sky Troopers seen in the new Star Tours. Or something new.

All the other new units from this update are either already canon, like the ATDP and ATTE, or are new like the Rebel Hover Trooper.

Also Er’kit (the planet, not the species) will be back in. Well we never really visited it, but now we will get to.

Ordo Skirata likes this.
  3. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Nice, getting the Rebels to seem more like a military. Rag-tag, but still.

Ordo Skirata and Grievousdude like this.
  4. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Apparently, Galactic Defense recanonizes the AT-PT, Freerunner, Ultra-Light Assault Vehicle and MLC-3 Mobile Laser Cannon.

Ordo Skirata likes this.
  5. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    And it looks like Galactic Defence also bring back the Imperial Riot Trooper from Force Unleased 2, though it is hard to tell when watching just the YouTube Videos. MLC-3 Mobile Laser Cannon is back for sure though.

With apparently over 90 units in the game there should be a lot of stuff brought back.

Ordo Skirata and Tzizvvt78 like this.
  6. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    Double Post. Sorry.

I have now downloaded Galactic Defence and looking though the achievments it seem like a fair bit has been brought back.

Ones of interest in no particular order:

AT-OT is still called AT-OT
    B1 Rocket Launcher Droids - Perhaps this is the black B1 droid that shows up in the phantom menace game?
    Rebel Special Forces
    STORM COMMANDO -Sorry but it deserved bold and underline
    AT-PTs
    B1 Battle Droids are still called B1 Battle Droids
    B2 Battle Driods are still called B2 Battle Droids
    Heavy Weapons Clone Trooper
    RTT - Not sure if its this kind or this kind.
    Rebel Armoured Freerunner
    MLC-3 Tank
    Imperial Riot Trooper - seems I was right
    Endor Forest Rangers - Wonder what they are? Is it this?
    Rebel Troop Carriers
    OG-9 Homing Spider Droid is still called OG-9 Homing Spider Droid
    Rebel Honor Guard - are still called Rebel Honor Guard
    Repeater Blaster Stormtrooper
    Wookiee Guardian
    SPHA is still called SPHA
    Imperial Heavy Trooper - Wonder if its the Star Wars: Commander or the Force Unleashed Version.
    Octupatarra Tri-Droid is still called Octupartarra Tri-Droid

There are though 50 Enemies for the Dark side and 52 for the Light Side. Maybe there is cross over, but it seems my list may just be the tip of the iceberg.

7. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009

YESSSS!

I'v always thought the Storm Commandos were cool, and always wanted to learn more about them. Probably won't just from this game, but its cool to see the term is still around.

8. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    Played the Game a bit and they are the same Storm Commandos we know and love. Not much detail on them other than they are the imperial speical forces.

9. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Taris and Ossus are now Recanonized.

DurararaFTW and darklordoftech like this.
  10. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    Playing though the latest Star Wars: Commander event and it there is a mercenary group called the 'Malachor Company'. Perhaps that means the Malachor system is back in canon.

Also Nar'Shaddaa is mentioned, though with a ' between Nar and Shaddaa.

11. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    Malachor was already canon, it was mentioned in TCW.

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    "But there's no way in Malachor that I'm going to lead this pitiful squad on an assault of that landing zone."

13. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    I think you guys are missing the big one... Nar'Shaddaa people!
    Of course NuCanon Nar Shaddaa could be something completely differerent I suppose, as its only mentioned, not seen.

14. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Yeah, it's one of my favorites. I don't think they'll change the design of the planet. Disney already made several new worlds with Garel, Lothal, Dandoran etc., if they want a Hutt spaceport world, Nar'Shaddaa is right there. Or they can make new worlds to suit any role they want.

15. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    hopefully on the Canon Nar Shardaa there will be former imperial turned Rebel from the Planet Sulon...

Gorefiend and spicer like this.
  16. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings is out. Kalee and Kuat are recanonized as planets. We had Kuat Drive Yards mentioned before, but not the planet. Unless Tarkin did. Probably did.

17. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    According to Wookieepedia, Jango Fett's homeplanet is recanonized by Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings as being Concord Dawn. Also, Denon and Zolan are mentioned.

18. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    the type of ship the moldy crow from Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II is is now canon again.

19. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    10000 Jedi during the Clone Wars per the latest Rebels episode

darklordoftech and newdawn12 like this.
  20. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Per the solicitation for Pincess Leia #3 by Marvel, she is traveling to the "underground world of Sullust".

Sweet, Sullust appears intact. :D

--Adm. Nick

Revanfan1 and starfish like this.
  21. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Nien Nunb should be happy about that.

22. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but Taris from KOTOR is Canon as well since it is mentioned in Tarkin.

23. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Is it confirmed that the video and computer game stuff is actually canon?

24. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    The Unknown Regions are mentioned in Tarkin.

25. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    One interesting bit of recanonization from the first Heir to the Jedi excerpt that I haven't seen mentioned yet (and if it has been, I missed it and I apologize) is Ackbar's dislike of smuggling and smugglers. That was a character trait Ackbar gained in the Thrawn Trilogy that AFAIK hasn't been mentioned in a canon source until now.

As far as apps and video games being canon goes, I don't think we have a clear answer yet. I personally am very hesitant to put them in that category, for a couple reasons. My understanding was that "canon" wasn't decided by release date per se, but by whether or not it was approved by the Story Group, and I have no idea if the story group is approving material from, say, Star Wars Commander. Leland Chee's non-answer on Twitter ("I don't see why not" or whatever it was he said) is the only evidence for or against that I'm aware of, and that's not much to go on. Also, it forces more complex questions about which parts of the game or app are canon - "story" material versus "gameplay" material, and how to separate the two, which in games like Commander or Galactic Defense isn't always as easy as it sounds.

I could always be wrong, and if Lucasfilm or the Story Group has clarified further I'd love to hear it, but that's my thinking at present.

AdmiralNick22 and Iron_lord like this.