main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Recanonized EU: A List

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ordo Skirata, May 1, 2014.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Might it have been modified?

Star Wars Rebels The Visual Guide

p74

Agile, but fragile

To maximise agility and minimise power demands, TIE fighters lack deflector shields, life support, ejection systems and hyperdrives. TIE pilots regard these as tools of cowards!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Or could this be our first continuity error in the new canon?

WHERE'S YOUR STORY GROUP NOW???!!!

LawgSkrak likes this.
  3. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    That's funny, because I had been thinking at one point of creating that exact thread (with that exact name) as a sister thread to this one, where we could post examples of EU material that had been explicitly altered or deleted in the canon continuity. The "old" gothic-style Imperial Palace, Tagge dying aboard the Death Star, and Ackbar becoming an Admiral at some point between ANH and ROTJ were two examples I was kicking around to get the thread started.

Then I realized that in December when The Force Awakens comes out, we'd be adding the events of, what, 60 or 70 novels and comic books and games and whatever else to that thread? And from there I kinda lost my enthusiasm for the idea. :p

4. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    The Inquisitor's TIE and the Rebels' TIE do, anyway. It would be logical for the TIE Advanced to have life support, if it has a hyperdrive (which Wookieepedia says it does but I don't know what the source for that info is). As far as the Rebels' TIE, well, maybe Sabine and Ezra modified it for their needs, beyond their "artistic" touches? Nothing in the episode suggests that as far as I remember but it's not illogical.

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    I remembered - it's Star Wars Rebels The Visual Guide.

6. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    That model of TIE Advanced doesn't have hyperdrive, otherwise they would have used it.

Yeah, I guess Sabine and Ezra could have installed a CO2 scrubber in that thing.

7. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    I found the reference in Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide, part of the Inquisitor's entry:

"Due to the sensitive nature of the Inquisitor's top-secret missions, he has been entrusted with an experimental TIE Advanced v1 prototype. The ship is fitted with a hyperdrive and basic shields."

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I guess Kanan just didn't want to leave the others behind, then.

9. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    The Star Destroyer Adjudicator is back in Star Wars #3. In the EU Adjudicator was the ship that the NR captured at Endor and turned into the Liberator, which Luke and Lando crashed on Coruscant immediately before the events of Dark Empire.

10. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    This might be a bit abstract, but the Empire going on a rampage against various rebel groups throughout the galaxy immediately after Yavin is referenced in Last Call at the Zero Angle.

Revanfan1 and The Positive Fan like this.
  11. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
  12. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998

Huh. I had though Tarkin undid that.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He wouldn't be the first person to be most commonly referred to by middle name and last name only. I think I've heard of a few celebrities doing that.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Antonio Motti is an awesome name. Conan Motti is a weird name.

WHY DIDN'T THEY MAKE THIS APP FOR ANDROID? :(

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    All of Disney's stuff comes out for Apple LONG before it comes out on Android. Lots of Disney apps never make the leap.

16. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    And Conan Antonio Motti wins the prize: both weird and awkward.

Son of a Bith and Ewok Poet like this.
  17. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I cannot ****ing believe they seriously recanonized Conan Antonio Motti.

My faith in the reboot being a chance to correct mistakes from Legends is RUINED.

ATimson and Random Comments like this.
  18. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Wow, there's a lot of recanonization here. We'll be sorting through this for a while.

EDIT: Not only canon, but right up to the minute, too:

"Prior to the Battle of Yavin, Tagge departs the Death Star, surviving that debacle to become a shining star in the profoundly reshuffled Imperial military hierarchy."

19. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Conan Motti sounds weird
    What's next? Jon Stewart Dooku? (already have Stewjon a planet)
    Captain Jay Leno Panaka
    Stephen Colbert Yoda

Palpatine was without a 1st name for so long and they gave him the name Sheev?

Maybe it's best to leave the first names of characters that don't have them in the movies to the fans' imagination.

Cori likes this.
  20. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Here's an interesting one from the Max Rebo card:

"Rebo's skills with the red ball jett organ, which he sits atop of during gigs, has earned him fame and a favored spot on the bandstand of Jabba the Hutt's palace."

Non-humanoid Max Rebo is canon!

(I will continue to love my action figure of humanoid Max Rebo wearing a little pair of drawers every bit as much as before.)

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    You have to read Sidious's ROTS card to find out that Vader is Anakin and you have to read Anakin's ROTS card to find out that Palpatine is Sidious. [face_laugh]

22. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I got a response from Topps on Twitter, the Android app is being developed. Yay. :)

BUT I NEED TO KNOW IF MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER'S HOBBY IS CANON BECAUSE THAT GOT ME INTO WRITING WHEN I WAS A KID.

WMIRTUTSF likes this.
  23. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Another tidbit that's not exactly recanonized info, but interesting nonetheless: one of the Obi-Wan Kenobi cards reveals Obi-Wan's canon age. He's 57 as of ANH, making him approximately 25 during TPM, 35 during AOTC, and 38 during ROTS.

Alec Guinness was 62-63 during the filming of ANH, and Ewan McGregor was around 26 during filming of TPM, 29 during AOTC, and 32 during ROTS, so that age somewhat matches what we see on screen, plus or minus one to six years.

24. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    They also nearly matched up Wilhuff's and Sir's age as well. :D

Conan is a fine name SW char or not. :)

25. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Cradossk is a unit in Galactic Defense. He was previously mentioned by his son, Bossk, in Ezra's Gamble (not by name).