main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Recanonized EU: A List

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ordo Skirata, May 1, 2014.

1. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    The city of Keren is back on Naboo in Princess Leia #2.

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Tzizvvt78 likes this.
  3. smisk

smisk Jedi Master star 2

Feb 16, 2015
    I was surprised to see this as canon, always liked this story in Empire.

Starkeiller likes this.
  4. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    But the Rand Ecliptic mutiny would actually be G-Canon, no?

5. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    There's no longer room for G-canon.

6. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Yes, but I mean, it was G-Canon when there was room for G-Canon, so it didn't need to be re-canonized.

7. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    No, I'm serious, unless it's directly stated by an LFL official or in a new source, it's not canon. Doesn't matter is it's from Lucas or not. Though I suspect they will take more of his ideas into account, just look at Sheev.

Oh, finally looking through PL#2 myself. Broest is back and still an agriworld, or at least has agricultural products that get shipped to Alderaan. Also nice to see some underworld Alderaanians. That planet's had it too easy.

Oh.

8. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Was that mentioned in a deleted scene?

9. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Yup, but partially. Luke and Biggs both visit Tosche Station. Biggs says he plans to jump ship when his frigate leaves for one of the central systems and join up with rebels. The name wasn't spoken outside of the novel and the 2004 comic. This version of events (from the comic) seems to be the one they're keeping in the canon.

10. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Rand Ecliptic gets name dropped in the radio drama, too.

I wonder what the new EU will make of Biggs's rebel career. In the old one, he sure did a lot for the Alliance --- including the mutiny itself --- in between the opening scenes of Star Wars and the Battle of Yavin. It's cool to make him a decorated hero and all, but hopefully the new canon will realize that there's barely time for him to mutiny and then make it to the Yavin Base before the battle begins. Hell, he probably even arrived after the Falcon did.

Ewok Poet and Tzizvvt78 like this.
  11. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Rebel in the Ranks has Tirahnn, way back from Marvel SW Annual in 1979. [face_peace]

12. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Wow, good catch. I haven't read RitR yet, but probably wouldn't have caught it even if I had.

Between "SkyeWalkers" and this mention, Annual #1 is seeing a bit of a resurgence! I ought to revisit that story one of these days.

13. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    As per Kanan #1, Depa Billaba having some sort of intense breakdown early in the Clone Wars she needed to 'emerge from' is now back. #Shatterpoint

14. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Yes, even the Confederate General comments that they had intel on her being "unstable". She's also only been Caleb's master for a few months.

If the 2015 reissue of DK's Journey Through Space is canon (has the Disney logo slapped on at least), then the Great Temple of Massassi was built over 5000 years before the Battle of Yavin by a group of ancient warriors. So it's partially recanonizing its origin, but whether the Sith will be involved or not, is not known.

Vendaxa, Ylesia and Cholganna are mentioned, with habitats, in the Geonosis Arena profiles.

15. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Legends titles also have Disney on it as well, like Darth Plagueis has Disney on the back, but also has Legends banner. Reissues do not equal canonization, fwiw.

darklordoftech likes this.
  16. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    It doesn't have a Legends banner.

17. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Are you talking about a reprinting of the 2005 DK Readers Level 2 'Learn to Read' Star Wars: Journey Through Space?
    [​IMG]

I honestly would not read too much anything into that regarding implications of re-canonization.

darklordoftech and Iron_lord like this.
  18. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Yup. It came out this January.

19. operative_lm

operative_lm Jedi Master

Jun 11, 2005
    The re-issue of What is a Wookiee? had revised and edited content along with new additions. I'm guessing Journey Through Space is the same? I'd think it a bit strange for them to go to so much effort if at least one person from the Story Group hadn't vetted their contents.

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Which is exactly the Retcon I suggested when she was revealed as Kanan's master; she recovers. Sheesh.

So far I'm wondering what isn't going to be reintroduced. Oh wait, post-Endor.

Sent from the World

21. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Yes, the advert said 16 pages of new content. I assume that's why the Wookieepedia now treats this as "canon" info.

22. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Don't worry. I was saying the same thing all along too. Though I am a bit surprised that they 'actually' wrote it. I was just going to keep silent on the matter and keep it as a personal retcon.

Wonderful, though. It really does go to show that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

23. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Maybe Shatterpoint with the Legends logo is just the story that the Korunnai tell about the whole incident, to make it seem more grand. Or maybe it is an exaggeration by Isard and Palpatine's other cronies to make the Jedi look bad.

Saga Explorer, Vthuil and Iron_lord like this.
  24. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Does that mean Crystal Star is propaganda by Lumiya? :p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    "Clone madness" is a cover-up for the Order 66 chips, Revan is archaeological speculation, and Yavin's connection to the Sith is an ancient aliens theory.

[​IMG]