main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Recanonized EU: A List

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ordo Skirata, May 1, 2014.

1. Cori

Cori Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2012
    I can't remember for sure, but I'm going to say I don't think so. Not quite sure, though. He could've been and I just can't recall. I do know that one of the first things it mentioned in his bio was being on an undercover mission on Tatooine at the same time Qui Gon and company were there.

spicer likes this.
  2. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    It hadn't been confirmed until now. There was a part in Jedi Crash where Aayla talked about her master to Ahsoka, but she never mentioned him by name.

Cori likes this.
  3. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Vos had been linked to Aayla in the official site's Databank, but it's nice to see it made explicit.

spicer and Cori like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Darth Voider is Canon everyone. :p

Lando Swarm likes this.
  5. DarkMark

DarkMark Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    If you go to Amazon UK, you can pre-order the September release but not the April release, and according to this site (http://www.penguin.com.au/corporate-sales/node/19293716) the September release's origin is "United Kingdom". So it could just be the UK version, available for import on US Amazon.

Doesn't expain the TFA material, though. Can anyone who has the book confirm that there's no TFA material in it?

Ewok Poet likes this.
  6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    The Positive Fan likes this.
  7. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    [​IMG]
    IOCI is back from the look of it, as is the Bounty Hunters Guild.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  8. Eternal_Jedi

Eternal_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    I only noticed one TFA item in the book, in one of the BTS pages. It' a picture if JJ Abrams with the R2-D2 and the guys who built it. I think its the same picture that appeared online quite a while back. I only did a fairly quick browse through the book with my little girl before I put her to bed, but I only noticed the one mention of TFA.

9. JLG

JLG Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2005

Yeah, Ezra's Gamble is filled with Bounty Hunters Guild stuff.

Gorefiend and Iron_lord like this.
  10. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Spent a few minutes thumbing through Ultimate Star Wars at B&N today, and yes indeed, this is the recanonization mother lode. The list of EU lore that this book enters into canon will be very, very long when and if it is ever compiled.

One quick sample, and I don't know why this stuck in my head from my quick browse of the book but it made me smile: Wam Lufba is still a Yuzzum, and Yuzzums are still from Endor.

Ewok Poet, spicer, Revanfan1 and 2 others like this.
  11. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Anything on Sith beyond the movie characters (and Bane)?

Starkeiller and darklordoftech like this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    In the Old EU was Cad Bane a part of the Guild?

Also Tzizvvt78 from the look of it no.

Tzizvvt78 likes this.
  13. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    We got the Massassi back and them being servants of the Sith, though. Wonder if Naga Sadow or Exar Kun will be retained as their leader...

Secundus Ando is back as Trench's homeworld.

spicer likes this.
  14. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    A big apology if this has been mentioned previously, but I was just browsing the Wookiepedia page for the new Ultimate Star Wars book, and it has Haruun Kal listed as the homeplanet of Mace Windu! :D Seriously LFL Story Group, just recanonize Shatterpoint fully and be done with it.

15. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Stormtroopers are confirmed as being part of the Army in the Guide yet Lords of the Sith mentions a Stormtrooper Corps.

Stormtrooper Corps is now a division of the Army?

Also, the Guide confirms that Needa served in the Clone Wars but does not specifically reference his RotS novel appearance.

spicer likes this.
  16. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Skako is Skako Minor. At least according to Wookieepedia. Is this true? I haven't finished the Bad Batch arc yet, but do they say the Skakoans are from Skako Minor? Ultimate SW is cited as a source, but I thought that only stated Wat Tambor came from Skako. Why would Skako Minor not be a colony world?

17. Rebel_Loyaltist

Rebel_Loyaltist Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2001
    When Revan becomes canon again, everyone come back and quote this post.

18. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Like this? :p

Seriously though, did you mean to add something to your post?

19. Rebel_Loyaltist

Rebel_Loyaltist Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2001
    No, I just wanted to make my mark in regards to Revan, lol. Excellent character (Well, until the book and TOR came out that is.).

Tzizvvt78 likes this.
  20. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Could be a mistake --- to be honest, I wouldn't have been surprised if that mistake had appeared in a pre-2014 guidebook, either.

21. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    All of the older sourcebooks to my knowledge, since they just copy and pasted older WEG stuff, were pretty consistent with mentioning that the Stormtroopers were not part of the Army or the Navy but supported both branches. It's how the fact made it into Zahn's novels and finally the Imperial Handbook.

I don't think it's a mistake at all. If anything is the mistake, it's Lords of the Sith's mention of the Corps. that's the mistake, as Stormtrooper Corps was just one or two offhand mentions in the book..

The first thing I'd get rid of if I were the Story Group was that Stormtrooper Corps /Army separation. Most writers couldn't bother themselves to keep track of that distinction (except Zahn) Also, Stormtroopers are way more iconic than Army Troopers who never even showed up in the movies (except Veers and the vehicle pilots, and no Naval Troopers don't count). Everyone will use Stormtroopers as regular Army. The Visual Guide also played down the eliteness of stormtroopers by making it a point of mentioning how they are not the most powerful troops in the Army. It also repeats nothing about them being impervious to bribes. All previous sourcebooks would play up their eliteness.

Actually, Lords of the Sith does remain consistent with new sources when it implies that there can be a difference in quality between stormtroopers minted from the Academy and those conscripted from local populations. The Moff wants Academy troopers because they will be loyal. Again, this is contrary to old sources which would play up how no Stormtrooper was ever known to take a bribe etc.

All Rebels related sources have consistently established that Stormtroopers are the Army. The problem comes, I think, when some more continuity minded writers use older sources that they may have enjoyed. Kemp could have gotten the Imperial Handbook recently and said "oh look cool name". Stormtrooper Corps could have just slipped past the Story Group.

I would say that Stormtrooper Corps is either a division under the Army or it's just a colloquialism that people use for the Army.

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe the Army is the organization, divided into many Corps - Armoured Corps (AT-STs, AT-STs and the like) being one, Stormtrooper Corps being another?

23. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Yeah, that's one possibility I'm thinking of. It's either that or a colloquialism.

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Or perhaps the military was reorganized at some point, and stormtroopers were placed outside the Army's command structure? Is Lords of the Sith set before Rebels, or after?

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That could work.

And it's quite a bit before - before A New Dawn even. I think it's intended to show where Hera's commitment to rebellion is coming from, from what I've heard.

Jedi Knight Fett and Starkeiller like this.