main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Recap: February 1st Meeting at Cozymels

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediToren, Feb 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    It was a blast. Prior to this evening all prior meetings really had no more than 3 people, and we mistakely figured probably 5-7 attendees and a maximum of 10. 12 showed up, we had to split up the group at seperate tables.
    We had allot of fun at Cozymels but didnt really acomplish much because everyone was at different tables and it was so loud. But we had allot of fun. After Cozymels we met at McDonalds and we pushed all the tables in the kiddie play land togethor and had a meeting for a few hours and we got some important things down on paper.

One of the things we did was discuss and pay for the NashvilleForce shirts. We have pretty much decided that we are all going to wear our shirts to all future meetings. Scott, aka K Kanos, had the some shirts there and printouts of the shirts. They are amazing, he also says that he has washed them 4 times and the iron on designs dont wear off.

We also decided on a regular meeting schedule. We decided that we would either meet the first Friday or Saturday of every month, we will probably alternate depending on everyone's schedule. We will prolly hit some place quieter like Shonies that will let us seat more people and get stuff done.
    Jay(Elan Rai) forgot to bring his digital camera but will bring it next week so we can get pics of everyone.

We also discussed camping out for Episode II. We have pretty much decided that we want to do it at the Carmike Thoroughbred 20 in Cool Springs. It's new, it's freakin awesome and there are allot of covered areas. According to an employee they will have a new manager soon so we can talk to that new manager when they are working. We definately want to get a couple of radio stations and TV stations down there and we figure that most theatres will be kewl with it because of all the free publicity. A group of 5 or so will probably meet with the new manager to okay it with them.

We also discussed SWC2. Allot of us will be going in May and plenty more will be going to DragonCon in Atlanta in August/September. We all figure we will meet at some point but plans for NashvilleForce stuff at SWC2 are still pretty sketchy right now.

Allot of folks have decided they want to make a costume for Episode 2 and/or SWC2 and/or DragonCon. At some point, probably a weekend, those of us will get togethor as a group and hit the local fabric and hardware stores (Lowes, Home Depot, Jo Ann Fabrics, Wal mart etc.) Given that I have already made myself a Jedi costume I will come along and lend my experience. I will create a seperate sign-up thread for this event.

Scruff also brought his collection of photos from DragonCon 2k1 and we discussed every all kinds of Episode II and III stuff.

2. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I for one has a blast at the meeting last night. I think we could have all easily sat around all night and talked Star Wars. It was a great group to be a part of, and I'm already looking forward to the next meeting. I'll be sure to bring along some "Magic of Myth" pictures next time, too.

I did forget to give Scott my money for a shirt. Can I mail you a check?

Looking forward to seeing everybody next month!

3. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    sounds like a fun time!

soo....How do i need to pay for my shirt? i can mail a check,drop it off..whatever
    (how much is it again?)
    and when will it be ready?

to those of you going to Cel2...are you driving or flying? Just out of curiosity...

4. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    As far as the shirt goes, contact k kanos.

I'm pretty sure that most, if not all, of those who are going to Celebration II will be driving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.